Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fatal crash video
1217 20 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oliver drone flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27864 ft
Switzerland

Just wanted to share this video that started quite ideally, but unfortunately ended fatally..
The drone crashed into a tree and fell into a river. I was able to recover it but according to Dji it was a total loss - so I had to buy a new one.
Expencive way of getting experience..

Fly safely!
2019-10-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

That sucks.
2019-10-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is bad!
2019-10-30
Use props
ririlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

Feel sorry for you
2019-10-30
Use props
TerryOregon
lvl.2
United States

Gotta admire how tough the Air is - still recording after the crash - something seen in other crashes.
2019-10-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

TerryOregon Posted at 10-30 07:06
Gotta admire how tough the Air is - still recording after the crash - something seen in other crashes.

Yeah, it is rather strong.
2019-10-30
Use props
Oliver drone flyer
lvl.1
Norway

It actually recorded about 3 minutes after submerging. Although this was crystal clear, clean mountain water, the drone had to be replaced. I'll try to fly more safely from now on..
2019-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the incident happened to your DJI Mavic Air. You can still send the drone to us for a possible repair. However, the warranty can only be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. To check the warranty period parts of your drone, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Please note that DJI can only perform data analysis for units falling within the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. You may refer to the link below for you to contact our support team. Thank you for your understanding and support and again sorry for the inconvenience.

https://www.dji.com/support
2019-10-30
Use props
Oliver drone flyer
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-30 08:34
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the incident happened to your DJI Mavic Air. You can still send the drone to us for a possible repair. However, the warranty can only be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. To check the warranty period parts of your drone, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Please note that DJI can only perform data analysis for units falling within the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. You may refer to the link below for you to contact our support team. Thank you for your understanding and support and again sorry for the inconvenience.

https://www.dji.com/support

Thank you, but the drone has already been to your repear center In The Netherlands, and they found it unrepearable.
2019-10-30
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oliver drone flyer Posted at 10-30 08:05
It actually recorded about 3 minutes after submerging. Although this was crystal clear, clean mountain water, the drone had to be replaced. I'll try to fly more safely from now on..

Or get a Skydio 2
2019-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Oliver drone flyer Posted at 10-30 09:50
Thank you, but the drone has already been to your repear center In The Netherlands, and they found it unrepearable.

Hi, thank you for the additional information and again we are sorry for the issue you have with your DJI Mavic Air. We indeed don’t repair water damaged drone. Because aircraft consists of a large quantity of sensitive electrical components, after it is water damaged, electrical components may be corroded, thus affecting its stability and security. Through the related tests, the repair of water damaged units needs to replace all the relevant components, and it is possible that the cost of repairing a water damaged drone is far higher than buying a new drone. Therefore, we advise that water damaged units are ineligible for repair service. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
2019-10-30
Use props
Oliver drone flyer
lvl.1
Switzerland

That's a sweet looking Drone - but, I think I'll stay with my MavicAir for now, and just be more careful not to crash into a tree
2019-10-31
Use props
Kelisko
lvl.3

Togo

Exactly. That is amazing!!! I am impressed. And that was under water. WOW!
2019-10-31
Use props
Kelisko
lvl.3

Togo

Sorry about what happened to you. Did you have the obstacle avoidance system turned off? Always have it on when flying in such places. It works very well! It might not save your drone from lateral collisions but it does prevent crashes in most cases.
2019-10-31
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

That will never happen to me/my MA.

2019-10-31
Use props
Oliver drone flyer
lvl.1
Switzerland

Kelisko Posted at 10-31 03:39
Sorry about what happened to you. Did you have the obstacle avoidance system turned off? Always have it on when flying in such places. It works very well! It might not save your drone from lateral collisions but it does prevent crashes in most cases.

The obstacle avoidance system was on, but the branches that I hit was probably too small, and came from an odd angle.. I have been in other small crashes where the same things happen. The system cannot see the small branches or wires for that sake.
2019-10-31
Use props
Oliver drone flyer
lvl.1
Switzerland

Bluehook Posted at 10-31 05:00
That will never happen to me/my MA.

I hope you're right, but keep it in mind!
2019-10-31
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft
Switzerland

Kelisko Posted at 10-31 03:39
Sorry about what happened to you. Did you have the obstacle avoidance system turned off? Always have it on when flying in such places. It works very well! It might not save your drone from lateral collisions but it does prevent crashes in most cases.

Front, rear, down but not sideways detection!
2019-11-1
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good on you for owning your error and learning from it.  It happens to most if not all of us at some point.
2019-11-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to see that
2019-11-1
Use props
Kelisko
lvl.3

Togo

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 11-1 04:47
Front, rear, down but not sideways detection!

Correct! The sides are what I am calling lateral
2019-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules