DJI Mavic Mini Released - The Everyday Flycam
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 40 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 5 Points! Each person is 2 times
GoldenSun
lvl.4
Poland

Ben Mason Posted at 10-31 07:50
Ironic that adding a propeller guard thus making the drone safer, will make it heavier and no longer legal without registering.

Well they clearly wanted to have just the right specs for advertising...
2019-10-31
Use props
GoldenSun
lvl.4
Poland

Time2Party Posted at 10-31 11:11
Put a 4k camera on it , then it is a perfect small drone.

Maybe in two years...
2019-10-31
Use props
djiuser_pcw8GQYBTnmA
lvl.1
Finland

Replies reward +5 Points

Can’t find the DJI Fly App from AppStore.
2019-10-31
Use props
TheJezric
lvl.1
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Anyone able to actually see the "DJI Fly" app in the Google Play Store?  I don't on my Note8 or Shield tablet (both andoid6+) ... haven't see any posts about this. Just ordered the mini, so hopefully there is actually a way to get the app!
2019-10-31
Use props
Red Zeppelin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

TheJezric Posted at 10-31 12:57
Anyone able to actually see the "DJI Fly" app in the Google Play Store?  I don't on my Note8 or Shield tablet (both andoid6+) ... haven't see any posts about this. Just ordered the mini, so hopefully there is actually a way to get the app!

It's due for launch when the drone itself launches. I've seen a few YT reviewers / influencers say they were sent a beta Chinese version with the drone for review purposes, so you won't find it on app stores yet
2019-10-31
Use props
djiuser_B0mLG1P97H4t
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77251 ft
Germany

Replies reward +5 Points

Hello @DJI,
i have a question.
I see that there are 2 Hardware Versions in the Market. I think one is for fcc and one for european ce radio frequenc.

Can you tell me whats happen when i'm traveling with my drone that i bought in europe to the us happen? Switch the drone to the fcc standard that i can fly legal? Or i have an not legal drone because of the europe radio band?

Thanks for the answer and sry for my english ;)

2019-10-31
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89767 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

Such a shame it has no active track (I presume as it has no forward facing sensor to stop it incase it auto fly's towards an obstacle)

But then if I go for the Air... that doesn't support USB charging, no good for when I'm on 2-3 day camping trips.

I also see no mention of if the Mini has the composite photo mode (where it takes 9 pics and stitches them together to give a wider field of view)

So I'll stick to my trusty old Spark for now still.
2019-10-31
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Pass, future buggy and unsupported product... be weary people, new software to control it + missing features (e.g. Some sensors & 4K) = same unsupported buggy software... obviously making way for Mini2 soon with "new and improved BS"... lookup CrystalSky customer dis"satisfaction" ...
2019-10-31
Use props
Jake Deer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8220840 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Ordered mine 5 minuts after launch!
2019-10-31
Use props
BigBird2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Definitely on my Christmas List.
2019-10-31
Use props
robat19
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16713 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Do we really anticipate the flymore taking an additional two weeks to ship? Considering cancelling my order for the standard version and just buying a rechargeable battery pack to use instead of the extra two batteries.
2019-10-31
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

A 249g drone does not enable you to fly everywhere... it actually makes no difference where you can fly... NFZ are restricted to drones weighting 100g or more.. the only thing that happens is that you don't need to register it....but for that you get to fly a drone with much less stability and reliability when in wind... I think you're better off with a heavier drone, pay the few $$ for registration and know that you have control over it...
2019-10-31
Use props
robat19
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16713 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

mAIRs Posted at 10-31 20:39
A 249g drone does not enable you to fly everywhere... it actually makes no difference where you can fly... NFZ are restricted to drones weighting 100g or more.. the only thing that happens is that you don't need to register it....but for that you get to fly a drone with much less stability and reliability when in wind... I think you're better off with a heavier drone, pay the few $$ for registration and know that you have control over it...

Can you carry a phantom 4 or Mavic in your backpack with a DSLR and 3 different lenses and a gimbal?
2019-10-31
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

robat19 Posted at 10-31 20:43
Can you carry a phantom 4 or Mavic in your backpack with a DSLR and 3 different lenses and a gimbal?

Mavic.. yes
2019-10-31
Use props
59gibson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36 ft
Canada

Replies reward +5 Points

Awesome Drone, well done DJI!  I have ordered mine but where is the new DJI Fly app?  I can't find it in Google Play.
2019-10-31
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Singapore

Replies reward +5 Points

Nice, will consider getting one.
2019-10-31
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_pcw8GQYBTnmA Posted at 10-31 12:38

I don't think they've released it yet, will probably be out in a week or 2.
2019-11-1
Use props
Red Zeppelin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

Njw83 Posted at 10-31 14:43
Such a shame it has no active track (I presume as it has no forward facing sensor to stop it incase it auto fly's towards an obstacle)

But then if I go for the Air... that doesn't support USB charging, no good for when I'm on 2-3 day camping trips.

No panoramic or AEB shooting modes and no manual control for video, so that lovely 3-axis gimbal and 2.7K is only going to give you footage with exposure popping all over the place.

Great looking drone, but not an upgrade to the Spark in any way that's useful to me sadly.
2019-11-1
Use props
raw75
lvl.1
Germany

Replies reward +5 Points

Thought this was the perfect drone for me to use on the go. Small, lightweight and really affordable. The specs are more than ok for the price tag and missing features like tracking , sensors and most manual picture settings are perfectly fine with me. But to only have jpg for photo output is the total bummer. Most of the picture information get's dumped and can not be recovered in post just because the software don'l provide a dng raw file. Hopefully they add this feature with a firmware update in the future, otherwise no purchase for me.
2019-11-1
Use props
o_laparoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 753340 ft
Portugal

Alexei Merinov Posted at 10-31 09:53
in the FAQ section, all the details are described in sufficient detail - it must withstand 8 meters per second, i.e. a quarter worse than the Mavik Pro and two times worse than the Mavik 2. The camera here could be better

Totally agree. The camera could have been pushed to 4K, but for such a small entry drone that is not bad at all.
2019-11-1
Use props
DubSound
lvl.4
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

That Bell Jar charger though <3
2019-11-1
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Replies reward +5 Points

Woooo! Looks great
2019-11-1
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Replies reward +5 Points

djiuser_pcw8GQYBTnmA Posted at 10-31 12:38

Yup! DJI haven't release it yet
2019-11-1
Use props
ScanDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Not on my wishlist, but will be a decent drone for many this Xmas. It's pretty clear DJI aimed this at markets heavily regulated of weight. In the US I don't think it will actually do any real difference. Some obvious reasons for the lack of 4k; DJI don't want to compete with the 2x priced MA, running 4k would require faster and more expensive CPU, a faster CPU would require more cooling (=making it heavier) and drain the battery faster. So I would not expect 4k for a while. Personally I would have liked DJI to keep the DJI Go4 software and just gray out the features not compatible instead of introducing a new, and likely initially buggy software. I guess the main reason they have not yet released it, is they are trying to fix the known defects before shipping. Expect a rapid release cycle with fixes initially
2019-11-1
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

Now do i purchase and maybe sell my MA as the indoor drone!  The flight time is what interests me but not sure how well it will stack up in less than perfect weather, maybe this will be a Christmas treat!
2019-11-1
Use props
DmytroK
lvl.4
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

I'd buy it if it has manual settings for video and less sharpness. I'll pass on this one.
2019-11-1
Use props
ParideM
First Officer
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Replies reward +5 Points

The drone with the battery weighs 250gr, does anyone know the exact weight of the Mavic mini remote controller?
2019-11-1
Use props
ParideM
First Officer
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Replies reward +5 Points

Do you can record video only in automatic mode? no hope for a manual mode in shooting?  (for photos I know that you can).
2019-11-1
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Replies reward +5 Points

mhelling Posted at 10-30 05:29
Can i purchase the Model MR1SS5 with FCC mode in Germany?

Nö not in DE or you use "FakeGPS"
2019-11-1
Use props
MDSH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 334869 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

Looks really interesting, and at an enticing price point.
It's a 400 quid drone not a 1200 quid drone, don't mind the lack of raw, or automatic mode only, or only 2.4K, or fixed focus.
To steel a phrase, the best drone is the one you have with you..
2019-11-1
Use props
Alex1976
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556867 ft
Italy

Replies reward +5 Points

Fantastic drone....i will buy for sure
2019-11-1
Use props
Alex1976
lvl.4
Italy

Replies reward +5 Points

And it is ready for EASA A1C0
2019-11-1
Use props
Alex1976
lvl.4
Italy

Wow.....14 points
2019-11-1
Use props
H. Arif - Nobody
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

Replies reward +5 Points

Time to sell the spark!
2019-11-1
Use props
tomesiek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 508904 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

Hi everyone.
Looks like this will be my first drone ever... so exited...
2019-11-1
Use props
fansc06c05ba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 410623 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

They could use this in there promotion videos. "Do You know three words for small? Mavic Mini Drone"
2019-11-1
Use props
fansc06c05ba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 410623 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

fansc06c05ba Posted at 11-1 22:57
They could use this in there promotion videos. "Do You know three words for small? Mavic Mini Drone"

I thought you were going to say "Is it up?
2019-11-1
Use props
djiuser_VFQYOzACG5FC
New

Pakistan

Replies reward +5 Points

Will it be available refurbished?
2019-11-2
Use props
YT DRONE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790161 ft