Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
mavic mini questions
1229 10 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

HI!

Couple questions:

a) Is the 'DJI Fly App' a separate app? (I couldn't find it - so will it be on the app store shortly?)
b) Can I use an iPad mini with the controller? (I don't have a smartphone/iPhone/etc).

Thanks!

2019-10-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI Fly App certainly appears to be a seperate app, and not in the app store just yet.
2019-10-30
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

DAFlys Posted at 10-30 05:39
The DJI Fly App certainly appears to be a seperate app, and not in the app store just yet.

kk, thx - yes, it does seem to be that way.

looking at the specs - I'm assuming a tablet doesn't fit either (but I noticed @ checkout they have a tablet holder, so I think that should work).

does the tablet still 'plug into' the remote controller? (in the demos, I didn't see any cords, so wasn't sure if it was connecting to the controller via bluetooth or something... does the regular mavic do that do you know?)
2019-10-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United States

djiguy001 Posted at 10-30 05:41
kk, thx - yes, it does seem to be that way.

looking at the specs - I'm assuming a tablet doesn't fit either (but I noticed @ checkout they have a tablet holder, so I think that should work).

The spark controller would fit an iPad mini like the phone.

2019-10-30
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

DAFlys Posted at 10-30 05:48
The spark controller would fit an iPad mini like the phone.

[view_image]

ah thanks! appreciate that!

and it doesn't fall out, or anything like that, correct? (just looks kind of wide in the picture), or would I just have to make sure I 'hold' it in while using it?

thanks!
2019-10-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United States

No guarantee this would work on the Mini,  but seems sensible that they would carry over the feature,  what I havent seen yet is if there is a usb port in the bottom of the controller as well as the side.
2019-10-30
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

kk, thanks! well, decided to place my order! already purchased! too bad its a 20-25 day wait, would be nice if it could be sent sooner!
2019-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Yes the DJI Fly App is a separated application. However, we haven't released the application yet and this will be posted on our website once it is already available to download also the list of compatible devices will follow. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you!
2019-10-30
Use props
YgLOb3buzi0U
New
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-30 08:28
Hi, thank you for reaching out. Yes the DJI Fly App is a separated application. However, we haven't released the application yet and this will be posted on our website once it is already available to download also the list of compatible devices will follow. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you!

Will DJI Fly support the ipad mini4 in the near future or should I consider returning my Mavic Mini to the store?
2019-11-10
Use props
YgLOb3buzi0U
New
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-30 08:28
Hi, thank you for reaching out. Yes the DJI Fly App is a separated application. However, we haven't released the application yet and this will be posted on our website once it is already available to download also the list of compatible devices will follow. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you!

Will DJI Fly support the ipad mini4 in the near future or should I consider returning my Mavic Mini to the store?
2019-11-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

YgLOb3buzi0U Posted at 11-10 15:36

Hi, thank you for reaching out. The IPad Mini 4 is currently not listed on our recommended mobile device. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the stability of the application on the mobile device. Also, we already raised this concern to our designated department for attention. For now, I will highly recommend you to use a recommended mobile device to run the application and also to avoid any possible errors. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules