123Next >
36702 85 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc68a2822
lvl.1
Flight distance : 726765 ft
Hong Kong

Hi, I would like to ask some questions about the Mavic Mini Model MT1SS5 and MT1SD25. First, if I order a Mavic Mini in DJI US online shop, should I receive a MT1SS5 (which is a high power model in FCC mode only)? If I get a MT1SS5 and I bring it to other country, can I fly the drone normally? Thanks!
2019-10-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This is controlled by the drone / app.
The drone is physically the same but lowers the power in CE area. .
2019-10-30
Use props
fansc68a2822
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Montfrooij Posted at 10-30 07:24
This is controlled by the drone / app.
The drone is physically the same but lowers the power in CE area. .

Hi Montfrooij, I think the drone may not have ability to switch the radio mode like Mavic Air. By the full spec from the official website, they say the FCC model only support 5.8Ghz.
Actually since I am from Hong Kong and I can speak Chinese, I have asked this question on Chinese offical forum. However their ansewer is not very certain. They say if you got a FCC model, in CE area the app will pop-up a warning... (I know that using FCC mode in CE area is illegal, but you know.......) I just want to know if I can buy a FCC model from US and the DJI app will not block the function of the drone in CE area.
2019-10-30
Use props
fans99178fb3
New

Hong Kong

fansc68a2822 Posted at 10-30 07:46
Hi Montfrooij, I think the drone may not have ability to switch the radio mode like Mavic Air. By the full spec from the official website, they say the FCC model only support 5.8Ghz.
Actually since I am from Hong Kong and I can speak Chinese, I have asked this question on Chinese offical forum. However their ansewer is not very certain. They say if you got a FCC model, in CE area the app will pop-up a warning... (I know that using FCC mode in CE area is illegal, but you know.......) I just want to know if I can buy a FCC model from US and the DJI app will not block the function of the drone in CE area.

Donno which model will be available in Hong Kong, as HK is not included in the first launch country list.
2019-10-30
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

It would be weird to have a compact drone that you cannot travel with...
2019-10-30
Use props
fansc68a2822
lvl.1
Hong Kong

CemAygun Posted at 10-30 18:23

Yes, if the spec sheet said there is a model that only support fcc 5.8Ghz, that means you cannot travel with that drone...

So if I take it out from US, can it even fly? If yes that means you got a fcc drone for worldwide (illegally)
2019-10-30
Use props
fansc68a2822
lvl.1
Hong Kong

fans99178fb3 Posted at 10-30 09:00
Donno which model will be available in Hong Kong, as HK is not included in the first launch country list.

Actually there is no stock available in HK even the existing model, and if you crash your drone in HK, even if you got the DJI Care, they cannot replace a new one to you....
2019-10-30
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

fansc68a2822 Posted at 10-30 18:45
Yes, if the spec sheet said there is a model that only support fcc 5.8Ghz, that means you cannot travel with that drone...

So if I take it out from US, can it even fly? If yes that means you got a fcc drone for worldwide (illegally)

It also swings the other way: If you buy it in Europe, you will have a limited range drone wherever you go
2019-10-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

CemAygun Posted at 10-30 19:59
It also swings the other way: If you buy it in Europe, you will have a limited range drone wherever you go

It would be odd if it was different to all the existing drones that use location to set the power, but on the flip side perhaps they can use cheaper lower power radios for EU and save some $$$
2019-10-31
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

I am curious whether the hardware is actually different or this is just a "different firmware on same hardware" thing...
2019-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The wireless signal RF hardware of the Mavic Mini is either the CE/MIC dual-frequency version (2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz) or the FCC (5.8 GHz) version. Please follow the local regulations when using the aircraft. When using an FCC aircraft in a country or area that does not support 5.8GHz, DJI Fly will pop up a warning.
Different versions of remote controllers and aircraft cannot link to each other.
2019-10-31
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-31 01:49
The wireless signal RF hardware of the Mavic Mini is either the CE/MIC dual-frequency version (2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz) or the FCC (5.8 GHz) version. Please follow the local regulations when using the aircraft. When using an FCC aircraft in a country or area that does not support 5.8GHz, DJI Fly will pop up a warning.
Different versions of remote controllers and aircraft cannot link to each other.

Thanks a lot again for the clarification Mindy. So there are two different kits incompatible with each other...
2019-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansc68a2822 Posted at 10-30 07:46
Hi Montfrooij, I think the drone may not have ability to switch the radio mode like Mavic Air. By the full spec from the official website, they say the FCC model only support 5.8Ghz.
Actually since I am from Hong Kong and I can speak Chinese, I have asked this question on Chinese offical forum. However their ansewer is not very certain. They say if you got a FCC model, in CE area the app will pop-up a warning... (I know that using FCC mode in CE area is illegal, but you know.......) I just want to know if I can buy a FCC model from US and the DJI app will not block the function of the drone in CE area.

Ok, that might be different from all other DJI drones.
I have no info on that.
2019-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Seems to be true.
Just one mode is supported.
2019-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

CemAygun Posted at 10-31 02:06
Thanks a lot again for the clarification Mindy. So there are two different kits incompatible with each other...

Very weird choice.
2019-10-31
Use props
fansc68a2822
lvl.1
Hong Kong

So if I buy the Mavic Mini from US online shop, which model will I get?
2019-10-31
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Really strange,  checked few dji websites from different countries and Mini specs are the same for FCC en CE countries.

So are there really 2 versions??  have to wait until the first are deliverd in FCC and CE countries ; check the model type ID on the craft .

cheers
JJB
2019-10-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

JJB* Posted at 10-31 05:52
Really strange,  checked few dji websites from different countries and Mini specs are the same for FCC en CE countries.

So are there really 2 versions??  have to wait until the first are deliverd in FCC and CE countries ; check the model type ID on the craft .

Perhaps the other model is really for the special Japan model, otherwise there should be three model IDs.
2019-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansc68a2822 Posted at 10-31 03:40
So if I buy the Mavic Mini from US online shop, which model will I get?

You will get MT1SS5 (FCC) version.
2019-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CemAygun Posted at 10-31 02:06

I'm afraid so.
2019-11-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

That it is, indeed

2019-11-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

DAFlys Posted at 10-31 00:33
It would be odd if it was different to all the existing drones that use location to set the power, but on the flip side perhaps they can use cheaper lower power radios for EU and save some $$$

Mmmmhhhh, GPS, mmmmmhhhhh:

Does it come with or without the nfz "package"?
2019-11-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

JJB* Posted at 10-31 05:52

So are there really 2 versions??  have to wait until the first are deliverd in FCC and CE countries ; check the model type ID on the craft .

Since I read about it, it is even clear on the spec website:
----
    Operating Frequency
    Model MT1SS5: 5.725-5.850 GHz
    Model MT1SD25: 2.400-2.4835 GHz, 5.725-5.850 GHz

Transmission Power (EIRP)

Model MT1SS5
    5.8 GHz: <30 dBm (FCC); <28 dBm (SRRC)

Model MT1SD25
    2.4 GHz: <19 dBm (MIC/CE)
    5.8 GHz: <14 dBm (CE)

---

It is just not really clear to the people who buying before they  join the forums:

NOWHERE I have found a hint about it.
Ok, needs to be on the FCC-countries pages.
I do not consider a App-warning, deep in a holiday trip, a proper information about it.

CE-drones can by the radio specs be flown worldwide, it seems.
But are they legal in FCC countries, since they are not the same, like the FCC version?

But: We (I) need reviews from US buyers and  Europe buyers, then.
Before we (I) can decide, right? ;-)
2019-11-1
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

I guess the bottom line is: If you want to travel you need the CE version. You will be stuck with lower power transmission (and the range is just the tip of the iceberg there) but your drone would be legal everywhere. And if you want the high power transmission, then you need the FCC one; just don't travel with it as you would be breaking the law in a CE country the minute you turn it on.

Of course when you import it from outside your region, you really need to consider warranty issues, and be prepared to send it back to wherever you bought it from if necessary...

I personally gave up on the Mini when I learned that you cannot fly it without the remote. My Mavic Air takes much less space in the bag for quick trips as I don't take the remote; and if I am going to carry the whole package, again I would rather carry the Air as it is a better drone.

With all that said, Mini still seems like an incredible, reasonably priced "beginner" drone, if that is what you need...
2019-11-1
Use props
intwtl
lvl.1

Malaysia

Interesting.

So, it will pop up a warning BUT will it stop you from flying  a FCC drone in a CE area or just pop up the warning ?
2019-11-3
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

intwtl Posted at 11-3 00:33
Interesting.

So, it will pop up a warning BUT will it stop you from flying  a FCC drone in a CE area or just pop up the warning ?

You need to be cognisant that the 5.8 band varies from country to country with the available  channels and power ranges.

e.g. In AU half the 5.8 Band is restricted for commercial use.

This was a huge problem when the Spark was released here. I still have the prop marks in my ceiling from my first power on.

So if you are using FCC channels and come to AU you could get blasted by a commercial high power broadcast. The 5.8 band is different country to country.

DJI have minimised the footprint and weight of the transmitter in the drone to keep it under 250 grams.

And don't forget if you install the prop guards you need to register the drone. It pushes it over the 250 grams.

I just hope I can turn off the 5.8Ghz band when mine arrives. Just like the Goggles RE here you get about 300 metres before the signal breaks down. You have to disable the 5.8 on them.

Cheers
2019-11-3
Use props
intwtl
lvl.1

Malaysia

bjr981s Posted at 11-3 00:55
You need to be cognisant that the 5.8 band varies from country to country with the available  channels and power ranges.

e.g. In AU half the 5.8 Band is restricted for commercial use.

Thanks for the information. I have been told that the Model MT1SD25 (pic attached) is the one coming to Malaysia. It's disappointing as I wanted the FCC model for the signal strength. I'll give it a try but if I can't get more than 1.7 km then I'll have to  upgrade. I'll see what the Mavic 3 looks like.
2019-11-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

intwtl Posted at 11-3 00:33
Interesting.

If you fly FCC version drone in CE country, the APP will pop-up Disclaimer and warning but it will not stop you from flying currently, however, you may break local laws and regulations.
2019-11-3
Use props
Reiter M. L.
New

Australia

So, which model am I getting in Australia? If Australian models are CE, can I make a special request to get FCC model? Because of not knowing exactly which model will be released in AU, I am hesitating to place a pre-order.
2019-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Reiter M. L. Posted at 11-4 04:09
So, which model am I getting in Australia? If Australian models are CE, can I make a special request to get FCC model? Because of not knowing exactly which model will be released in AU, I am hesitating to place a pre-order.

Based on other DJI launches they ship CE to Australia,  See https://forum.dji.com/thread-97449-1-1.html
2019-11-4
Use props
markusd1984
lvl.2

Ireland

The FCC model/remote seems to have the same hardware, just different firmware
(according to DJi’s application for FCC certification).

The drone hardware is likely the same specs, as it would be much more expensive to manufacture and both models are advertised with 249g.

Perhaps DJI got in trouble with the GPS software based switching mode and had to remove it (hence the reference to FCC not switching to CE mode but just displaying warning?).

Probably there will be a (known) workaround to unlock the physical capabilities, otherwise DJI would impact the long term sales too much with this limitation, especially for global travelers.
2019-11-4
Use props
intwtl
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-3 22:38
If you fly FCC version drone in CE country, the APP will pop-up Disclaimer and warning but it will not stop you from flying currently, however, you may break local laws and regulations.

Thanks,
Will the pop up stay on or can I turn it off ?
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Reiter M. L. Posted at 11-4 04:09

Hi there, the Mavic Mini will be MT1SS5 (FCC) in your country.
2019-11-4
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Surely there is only one model, these two codes relate to the drone, and the other is for the transmitter.
2019-11-5
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So in essence then this micro travel drone is only for travel in the country it was purchased in! this seems a bit of an issue especially on the future second hand market as people may well be breaching the rules with out even knowing (most wouldnt check this they would just purchase and fly and to be fair why wouldnt you!)

So when im on holiday then I will still need to take my M2P/M2Z or the MA? Seems and odd decision running 2 types of hardware different models when the product is the same, seems like their could be a bit of a back log during manufacturing or repairs as this means there needs to be 2 different parts available depending on demand around the world. Surely this is software based that scales back transmission in CE countries?

For an innovative company this seems a very strange decision as it does like others have already suggested make this not really a travelling EDC drone (that said as its technically classed as a toy as its under 250G is this really much of a concern?
2019-11-5
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Will crystal sky work with mini please?
2019-11-5
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Poland

Well, maybe after all it was not meant to be a travel drone...
2019-11-6
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Poland

Maybe it shaves a few gram...
2019-11-6
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Thank you for the explanation Mindy! You always come in to save the day lol
2019-11-6
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

CemAygun Posted at 10-31 01:12
I am curious whether the hardware is actually different or this is just a "different firmware on same hardware" thing...

Used to be people here would use an app for android phones/devices and bypass the CE problems but now it seems it is a firmware. Unless someone here is a firmware hacker we have no way to change it AFAIK
2019-11-6
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules