Maybe it shaves a few gram...

We will never know
2019-11-6
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Well if it is just the firmware that is different, DJI might allow mode switching by enabling installation of firmware versions at will in the future...
2019-11-6
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Poland

CemAygun Posted at 11-6 03:56
Well if it is just the firmware that is different, DJI might allow mode switching by enabling installation of firmware versions at will in the future...

But it's likely that the components are different too, and in such case... well...
2019-11-6
Use props
Lukas Anx Spindler
New

Denmark

Hello friends

I'm new in here (don't even own a drone yet) so i don't know where i should post my question. But i'm thinking about buying either a mavic mini ore a mavic air for my first drone. I will be taking it with me on a 6-month journey throughout southeast Asia. I really want to get a pair of dji googles as well so i can get a 1st person experience. Can somebody tell me if the googles work with these two types of drones?

Thank you
2019-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lukas Anx Spindler Posted at 11-6 05:32
Hello friends

I'm new in here (don't even own a drone yet) so i don't know where i should post my question. But i'm thinking about buying either a mavic mini ore a mavic air for my first drone. I will be taking it with me on a 6-month journey throughout southeast Asia. I really want to get a pair of dji googles as well so i can get a 1st person experience. Can somebody tell me if the googles work with these two types of drones?

The mavic air and the goggles work together -
2019-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello friends

I'm new in here (don't even own a drone yet) so i don't know where i should post my question. But i'm thinking about buying either a mavic mini ore a mavic air for my first drone. I will be taking it with me on a 6-month journey throughout southeast Asia. I really want to get a pair of dji googles as well so i can get a 1st person experience. Can somebody tell me if the googles work with these two types of drones?

If you are planning on travelling with the drone bare in mind that the Mavic Air will switch radios to based on location to a legal frequency/power whereas the Mini will just use the radio as per the region where it was purchased.
2019-11-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Hello friends

I'm new in here (don't even own a drone yet) so i don't know where i should post my question. But i'm thinking about buying either a mavic mini ore a mavic air for my first drone. I will be taking it with me on a 6-month journey throughout southeast Asia. I really want to get a pair of dji googles as well so i can get a 1st person experience. Can somebody tell me if the googles work with these two types of drones?

To be safe, not (perhaps) sorry, go for an Air!
That thing is proven to fit your wishes.

The Mini is said NOT to support dji googles

2019-11-6
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hello friends

The  Mini is not for you. Also it takes about 6 months for DJI to get all the bugs out once they get reported here.

The Air is a mature drone and works very well with the Goggles. But I only use them with a DVI connection to my CrystalSky Monitor. Which works very well. But I cant advise what they are like without the CrystalSky.

2019-11-6
Use props
djiuser_BSLnIxN4yf8Z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1799803 ft
United States

markusd1984 Posted at 11-4 04:53
The FCC model/remote seems to have the same hardware, just different firmware
(according to DJi’s application for FCC certification).
https://mavicpilots.com/attachments/424da7c0-8a87-48a4-9570-48698fd981ab-jpeg.84781/[/img]

So does this means that in the US 2.4G which would normally provide the best range in rural areas without interference (as with Mavic Air) will never be available on the Mavic Mini?
2019-11-6
Use props
alan1206
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119934 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Can i buy 199g japanese version and put high capacity battery on it ?
2019-11-6
Use props
alan1206
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119934 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

bjr981s Posted at 11-3 00:55
You need to be cognisant that the 5.8 band varies from country to country with the available  channels and power ranges.

e.g. In AU half the 5.8 Band is restricted for commercial use.

Japanese is even worst.  If you get catch using restricted frequency
2019-11-6
Use props
elijahjames
lvl.3

Algeria

I was going for the japanese one but thanks for the info, I'll avoid it for sure.

VPN Sai Mannat AnyDesk

2019-11-7
Use props
louis08
lvl.1

Germany

djiuser_BSLnIxN4yf8Z Posted at 11-6 16:18
So does this means that in the US 2.4G which would normally provide the best range in rural areas without interference (as with Mavic Air) will never be available on the Mavic Mini?

Yes.
The FCC declaration clearly states that the FCC model will be restricted to 5GHz on firmware level without any possibility for users to change that.
2019-11-7
Use props
louis08
lvl.1

Germany

BTW: A very similar thread is here: //forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=200932 (I can't post real links, so pls add an https: in front )
2019-11-7
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hello friends

Goggles not go to work with Mini
2019-11-8
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

alan1206 Posted at 11-6 20:13
Japanese is even worst.  If you get catch using restricted frequency

I tried my M2p at Japan, the 5.8G is just simply lock up and dimmed.  So if you have a US FCC mini then might possible grounded.
2019-11-8
Use props
Kenny Ace Dennis
New

Jamaica

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-1 04:14
You will get MT1SS5 (FCC) version.

So that means bestbuy should only supply the FCC version?
2019-11-8
Use props
Johannes1
lvl.1

Spain

If I buy a drone from China do I get the FCC version or  or do I get the ce version.thanks
2019-11-9
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Johannes1 Posted at 11-9 09:58
If I buy a drone from China do I get the FCC version or  or do I get the ce version.thanks

That should be the FCC/SRRC Version
2019-11-9
Use props
Metal450
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459 ft
Japan

This is disappointing beyond description.  Purely for the sake of ultralight international travel, I've been anxiously waiting for a tiny travel-friendly drone that, unlike the Spark has a 3-axis gimbal, and unlike the Mavic Air can charge from USB (having to carry a separate power brick nearly doubles the luggage footprint).  Mavic Mini seemed to be EXACTLY that, and when it was announced, I was super excited.  But now I discover that for some weird reason, DJI decided to design their most "travel-friendly" drone...in a way that you cannot legally take it to travel (to many places)??

Being from the US, I guess this means I cannot buy it in my own home country, and thus cannot get one with a warranty.  Thanks, DJI...

Does anyone know if Thailand will have the CE or FCC version?
2019-11-9
Use props
djiuser_4yZ1esZtkzS1
New

Thailand

Metal450 Posted at 11-9 17:17
This is disappointing beyond description.  Purely for the sake of ultralight international travel, I've been anxiously waiting for a tiny travel-friendly drone that, unlike the Spark has a 3-axis gimbal, and unlike the Mavic Air can charge from USB (having to carry a separate power brick nearly doubles the luggage footprint).  Mavic Mini seemed to be EXACTLY that, and when it was announced, I was super excited.  But now I discover that for some weird reason, DJI decided to design their most "travel-friendly" drone...in a way that you cannot legally take it to travel (to many places)??

Being from the US, I guess this means I cannot buy it in my own home country, and thus cannot get one with a warranty.  Thanks, DJI...

Hi,
As I live in Thailand, I also would like to know if I can get the FCC version here.
In which other Southeast Asian countries will the FCC version also be available (e.g. Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines,...)?

Thanks a lot in advance
2019-11-10
Use props
Metal450
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459 ft
Japan

djiuser_4yZ1esZtkzS1 Posted at 11-10 06:48
Hi,
As I live in Thailand, I also would like to know if I can get the FCC version here.
In which other Southeast Asian countries will the FCC version also be available (e.g. Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines,...)?

For me it's the opposite: I'm from the US, and would like to know if by waiting for my next trip to Thailand I can get the CE model there.  So that I can actually travel with it legally & not be limited to which countries I can safely fly it.
2019-11-11
Use props
cegio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 671257 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello everyone, I think the answer is simple, if we use an FCC version in a country with CE regulation, does the drone adjust its emission power to the CE regulation?
I've been testing the mavic mini for a few days and making videos for my YouTube channel, yesterday I tested the fake gps with the mavic mini and it works if it doesn't detect a gps signal, but when the drone captures a gps signal, fake gps fails and returns to the settings established for this region. My youtube channel is in spanish but If you have any question please ask.

I've been testing the mavic mini for a few days and making videos for my YouTube channel, yesterday I tested the fake gps with the mavic mini and it works if it doesn't detect a gps signal, but when the drone captures a gps signal, fake gps fails and returns to the settings established for this region.

2019-11-11
Use props
iphotostock
New
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-30 07:24
This is controlled by the drone / app.
The drone is physically the same but lowers the power in CE area. .

Hi Wiil the Mini get raw photomode via fireware update?
2019-11-11
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

CemAygun Posted at 11-6 03:56

Highly unlikely, they have killed the "possibility" to back/down rev the firmware.
Unless you go the NLD route...
2019-11-11
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

You order/deliver in the U.S., you get the U.S./CA model (FCC).
You order/deliver in a country that is CE, you get CE.
But you can take either craft into another country as long as they permit you to bring your drone in.
Your temporary location is just that, temporary....
2019-11-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

iphotostock Posted at 11-11 11:59
Hi Wiil the Mini get raw photomode via fireware update?

Not very likely.
Actually I'm pretty sure it won't.
That would break the DJI tradition of keeping some distance between the models.
2019-11-11
Use props
PipiLong
New

Hong Kong

I talked to the DJI customer service and asked them If i can travel with my mini I bought in china, which is the FCC Version. Since the mini adjusts the range in the regions.

如果您购买的是FCC的飞机,您可以在FCC国家和地区、SRRC国家和地区,以及支持5.8G的CE国家和地区正常飞行
FCC飞机在FCC国家为4km;
在SRRC国家和地区为2.5km;
在支持5.8G的CE国家和地区为500m;

如果您购买的是CE的飞机,您可以在CE国家和地区、SRRC国家和地区,以及FCC国家和地区正常飞行
CE飞机在CE国家为2.4G频段下2km、5.8G(如地区法规支持)频段下500m;
在SRRC国家和地区为2.4G频段下2km、5.8G频段下500m;
在FCC国家和地区为2.4G频段下2km、5.8G频段下500m;

translated:
If you are purchasing an FCC aircraft, you can fly normally in FCC countries and regions, SRRC countries and regions, and CE countries and regions that support 5.8G.
The FCC aircraft is 4km in the FCC countries;
2.5km in SRRC countries and regions;
500m in CE countries and regions supporting 5.8G;

If you are purchasing a CE aircraft, you can fly normally in CE countries and regions, SRRC countries and regions, and FCC countries and regions.
CE aircraft in the CE country for the 2.4G band 2km, 5.8G (as supported by regional regulations) 500m;
In the SRRC countries and regions, it is 2km under the 2.4G frequency band and 500m under the 5.8G frequency band;
In the FCC countries and regions, it is 2km under the 2.4G band and 500m under the 5.8G band;
2019-11-13
Use props
djiuser_0hO6mkFAix0P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95282 ft
Italy

CemAygun Posted at 10-30 19:59
It also swings the other way: If you buy it in Europe, you will have a limited range drone wherever you go

How much range do we need with a mavic mini in reality though? I see what you mean though. Are there any ways around this? Can one just buy the fcc remote and pair it with the drone and call it good? Technically it’s just the remote that is the issue anyway
Correct?
2019-11-13
Use props
djiuser_0hO6mkFAix0P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95282 ft
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-31 01:49
The wireless signal RF hardware of the Mavic Mini is either the CE/MIC dual-frequency version (2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz) or the FCC (5.8 GHz) version. Please follow the local regulations when using the aircraft. When using an FCC aircraft in a country or area that does not support 5.8GHz, DJI Fly will pop up a warning.
Different versions of remote controllers and aircraft cannot link to each other.

So does this mean you will still be able to truck the system into letting the drone fly in fcc more? I’m dumb to this stuff so I’m trying to understand if there will be a way to gain more range with the CE/MIC model.
2019-11-13
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

djiuser_0hO6mkFAix0P Posted at 11-13 01:04
How much range do we need with a mavic mini in reality though? I see what you mean though. Are there any ways around this? Can one just buy the fcc remote and pair it with the drone and call it good? Technically it’s just the remote that is the issue anyway
Correct?

I think range is just the tip of the iceberg. In the end all your transmission power is affected. I believe a lot of people are worried more about that than just the range.

It seems like there is no way around it as of writing, as the models are incompatible with each other. Also it turns out that FCC models are a bit worse for travel as they drop their 5.8Ghz  power down to CE levels in CE countries, and  since they don't have 2.4Ghz (which has higher power in CE models) they end up being very restricted.
2019-11-13
Use props
DB Mavic
New

Ireland

Will the mavic mini get object tracking in a software update ? Is this possible ?
2019-11-14
Use props
djiuser_0v2RxYYGzIxN
lvl.1

Israel

So if i have mm ce my range is 2500 meter in ce country but if i travel to fcc country it will be the same? Or it will be 4000 meter range?
2019-11-16
Use props
fans87287e4f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 332172 ft
Ukraine

So finally, if I use FCC drone in CE area, will it just send me warning or it will really lower the power of 5.8?
2019-11-20
Use props
djiuser_jaGCC63EprQq
New

Turkey

Hi i just got my mavic mini from US and unboxed it at my hometown europe. Now i am not able to pair my aircraft and rc. İt was really making me nervous about that if the drone has something wrong but after this topic i assume its because of my location. Fcc and ec is not pairing. So i ll try on fake gps.
2019-11-23
Use props
juanaustralia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4606 ft
Spain

Hello, just read your messages in the forum of Dji. So, just to understand, if you bought a mini in FCC for example in USA, is not able to fly in Europe?? how that? I ordered mine to a friend in NY and I live in Spain. I am dissapointed now... could you please explain me? I am still on time to give it back... Thanks a lot!
2019-11-23
Use props
Leda
New

Czechia

I bought my Mavic Mini in USA and It works in EU. As soon as the location is detected the drone switches WiFi to limit the 5.8GHz power (no option to cancel it). I have latest software/firmware version. I was able to fly about 1km in open environment and 500m with strong interference.
Yesterday I tried the fake GPS trick - and it worked. I was able to fly over 3km with no lost signal before I had to return because of low battery (I'm sure I could fly even further).

I hope there will be permanent hack available soon, as I had to use Android phone (that I don't own) to do so and you have to start drone before it received gps signal (so start it inside building or cover it with hand.)
2019-11-25
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

djiuser_0v2RxYYGzIxN Posted at 11-16 13:33
So if i have mm ce my range is 2500 meter in ce country but if i travel to fcc country it will be the same? Or it will be 4000 meter range?

The answer is "no". I asked this question before, and it was answered by DJI Mindy. The CE version does not increase the power to FCC levels in an FCC country.
2019-11-25
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

fans87287e4f Posted at 11-20 05:12
So finally, if I use FCC drone in CE area, will it just send me warning or it will really lower the power of 5.8?

As far as I know it lowers the power of 5.8GHz to CE levels.
2019-11-25
Use props
baurKBM
lvl.1
Kazakhstan

CemAygun Posted at 10-31 01:12
I am curious whether the hardware is actually different or this is just a "different firmware on same hardware" thing...

Аппаратная часть разная. Чипы разные. Уже есть фото на просторах интернета
2019-11-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules