Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini with DJI Goggles
79437 353 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dadeow
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_2CJ879vwQ4LC Posted at 12-27 06:47
Was literally about to buy the mavic mini and the goggles RE, had them in the basket with the Ronin S + Osmo 3 and something in the back of my head made me do some googling to check this... LAAAAAAAAME. Never had a drone and was really excited about getting into it but now Im going to have to hold off until you sort this.I have read all the other posts, any chance you can give us a rough idea of when and if this would happen? Just a "yes it will and looking to be within 6 months" would be enough.

Recieved the mini for Christmas, already owned the googles, am shocked they are not compatible.  Please fix it.
2019-12-27
Use props
djiuser_32cHaNpHBm9X
New

Finland

i would buy the product but i will be disappointed because the goggles don't work
2019-12-28
Use props
jrazor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180574 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi, I have just purchased a Mavic Mini to add to my collection. I have a P4Pro and a spark, both of which work with my DJI goggles.
Very disappointed to find no support for the DJI goggles on the Mavic mini!

Please rectify this as makes such a difference when capturing precise video footage.

Great little Drone thou, thanks for that.
2019-12-28
Use props
efternavn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 229341 ft
Denmark

have DJI one release date for update when DJI goggles can be use with Marvic Mini
2019-12-28
Use props
BigBird2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-5 14:24
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we do appreciate your feedback. In addition to this, I already forwarded this request feature to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!

I do hope they respond positively..
2019-12-28
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Is not gonna happen unless they  release SDK an some third party app allows it.
Goggles run on 32bit older Android version, DJI FLY APP runs on 64 bit OS.
2019-12-29
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

I would of course wanted to was compatibility, but realistically having looked truth in eyes, think its not will never!
2019-12-29
Use props
Yves...
lvl.1
Flight distance : 643232 ft
Switzerland

Hi,I just discovered that my new Dji Mavic Mini is not working with my Dji Goggles I’m used to fly my Mavic 2 zoom. I’m quite disapointed and really expect Dji  to  update this features  soon.. Thanks!
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_JEZuR5x8pfqX
New

United States

Not happy, I sold my two spark's and kept my Dji goggles, thinking that your "Mavic mini" was an upgrade to the spark. Many of us customers are repeat and loyal to your products. Maybe a simple note on your mavic mini advertisement is that it is not compatible with your Dji goggle line.
2019-12-30
Use props
69th Drone Detachment
lvl.2

United States

Shantok Posted at 10-30 13:33
I am also hoping they will work with the Mavic Mini. Not sure why it wouldn't. Air and Spark both are wifi controlled. I am also hoping they would allow advanced users to be able to us Go 4 app. So we could change advanced setting. I know it's an entry level drone but I am buying it for travel.  I really don't like that I need another app anyway. Mimo, Go, Go 4, Ronin and now Fly?

DJI Fly IS the modern app...64 bit. Google has announced a date not far in the future when they will no longer support  old fashioned 32 bit apps on Play Store. For real advanced features and functionality, a 64 bit CPU/app and 5-G pipe will be needed. The proposed US FAA requirements will need this to work. FYI and hope this helps.
2019-12-30
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't know if you guys have tried this but I connected the DJI googles via the usb cable to usb of the controller. The goggles show all the screen info including the GPS satelite number, signal strength, home point, direction the mini is pointed, etc. BUT the camera and map view is missing.
2019-12-31
Use props
pnwflier
lvl.2
United States

I starting reading about the Mini long before they were being shipped, and it was always clearly stated the DJI goggles were not compatible with the Mini.
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_gv39xvg3I8VQ
New

United States

i would also get this if it worked with the mini
2019-12-31
Use props
ScoobyLovesJazz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2657 ft
United States

Another +1 on goggle support.

It would be interesting to know if the goggle hardware is running a 64 bit processor and thus capable of being upgraded to work with the MM  or if they have a 32 bit processor and we can expect them to be phased out (or more likely replaced by a goggles 2 or similar).
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_YuxUFvH2ie8w
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29091 ft
United States

I bought the mini would like to use goggles to
2019-12-31
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

69th Drone Detachment Posted at 2019-12-30 18:32
DJI Fly IS the modern app...64 bit. Google has announced a date not far in the future when they will no longer support  old fashioned 32 bit apps on Play Store. For real advanced features and functionality, a 64 bit CPU/app and 5-G pipe will be needed. The proposed US FAA requirements will need this to work. FYI and hope this helps.

The googles use an Intel processor capable of running a 32bit software. Plus they are only processing the digital signal. Just be cause you have a 64 bit computer does not mean you can access data on a 32 bit system. Most of the time the host phone ends up doing the heavy lifting anyway.
2020-1-1
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

69th Drone Detachment Posted at 2019-12-30 18:32
DJI Fly IS the modern app...64 bit. Google has announced a date not far in the future when they will no longer support  old fashioned 32 bit apps on Play Store. For real advanced features and functionality, a 64 bit CPU/app and 5-G pipe will be needed. The proposed US FAA requirements will need this to work. FYI and hope this helps.

Also why can't FLY run on my Galaxy Note 10+  when I updated to Android 10. DJI makes some great hardware but needs to step up on the software side.
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_MM3FZjJxkGn2
New
United States

Is Mavic mini compatible with any DJI goggles yet? Even the Tello is compatible. I’m about to return my Mavic mini...
2020-1-3
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

djiuser_MM3FZjJxkGn2 Posted at 1-3 20:15
Is Mavic mini compatible with any DJI goggles yet? Even the Tello is compatible. I’m about to return my Mavic mini...

They don't care! As long as they are number one, they can afford to have a lot of dissatisfied and ignore the requests of their users.
Only one request to make a readable inscription in the upper status bar (the level of the communication signal and the number of GPS satellites) is ignored for two releases of the DJI Fly program, it is generally elementary to fix! Unless it is done we can talk about something more?
And even I am silent about Samsung S10....
2020-1-3
Use props
dok
lvl.1

Germany

Drone1234 Posted at 2019-12-31 07:44
Don't know if you guys have tried this but I connected the DJI googles via the usb cable to usb of the controller. The goggles show all the screen info including the GPS satelite number, signal strength, home point, direction the mini is pointed, etc. BUT the camera and map view is missing.

Can you confirm , that you fly with an USB cable connection with the goggles ? what I am not completely sure to understand: do u fly with a true imiage out of the "cockpit"...if yes this would be a way to fly and I would by the nice little drone!
thx in advance,s
2020-1-4
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

dok Posted at 1-4 07:42
Can you confirm , that you fly with an USB cable connection with the goggles ? what I am not completely sure to understand: do u fly with a true imiage out of the "cockpit"...if yes this would be a way to fly and I would by the nice little drone!
thx in advance,s
No. Sorry for the confusion. Using the usb cable only allows you to see only the HUD info and positioning. The camera view is not present.  Maybe it’s because the goggles only has a 32bit processor?
2020-1-4
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

I'm 66 in a few days and have one obviously dumb question.
What are you using goggles for?
2020-1-4
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 1-4 09:33
I'm 66 in a few days and have one obviously dumb question.
What are you using goggles for?

The goggles give you to the ability to fly as in first person. You see as if you were inside the Mavic flying.
2020-1-4
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Drone1234 Posted at 1-4 09:38
The goggles give you to the ability to fly as in first person. You see as if you were inside the Mavic flying.

Ok, thanks for that
NOW I WANT ONE TOO!!!!
2020-1-4
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 1-4 09:48
Ok, thanks for that
NOW I WANT ONE TOO!!!!

But not with the Mavic Mini........yet
2020-1-4
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2020-1-5
Use props
Tasos GR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15852192 ft
  • >>>
Greece

so pity .. hope they support it soon
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_BmP6aakXDPjA
lvl.1

United States

I am coming from freestyle FPV racing drones.

No goggle support for Mavic mini no go for me.
2020-1-5
Use props
dok
lvl.1

Germany

Drone1234 Posted at 1-4 09:32
No. Sorry for the confusion. Using the usb cable only allows you to see only the HUD info and positioning. The camera view is not present.  Maybe it’s because the goggles only has a 32bit processor?

ok I got it. THANKS A LOT!!!!
if you are also desperately looking for goggles /VR then this might give you a happy glimpse into it-->in another section I found that sdk for making litchi available is on it´s way...so  this would be an alternative to use your smartphone wit vr-goggles, because this is what I "need" ...well not beeing able to use my pair of dji goggles (fly my mavic most of the time with two goggles, one for me and one for surrounding people/friends) is a pitty anyhow
2020-1-6
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

dok Posted at 1-6 01:22
ok I got it. THANKS A LOT!!!!
if you are also desperately looking for goggles /VR then this might give you a happy glimpse into it-->in another section I found that sdk for making litchi available is on it´s way...so  this would be an alternative to use your smartphone wit vr-goggles, because this is what I "need"  ...well not beeing able to use my pair of dji goggles (fly my mavic most of the time with two goggles, one for me and one for surrounding people/friends) is a pitty anyhow

To promise is not to do!
2020-1-6
Use props
fans3c8741ef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137605 ft
United Kingdom

@ DJI Gamorah

can you advise if one day there will definitely be goggles support for mavic mini?

i.e.  is it worth waiting or do I need to look at alternative. It has been out s for a while so its looking doubtful and I need to go sub250g soon...
2020-1-6
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans3c8741ef Posted at 1-6 03:01
@ DJI Gamorah

can you advise if one day there will definitely be goggles support for mavic mini?

I think one of the option if DJI don't make the goggles compatible to the MM is to use screen casting of the DJI Fly camera view to a set of android goggles wirelessly

I use my Epson BT-300 glasses and cast the Ipad Mini 4 - DJI Fly camera view to my glasses using the  AirScreen app. It works there is lag and you need to be on the same wireless network, so I don't think you can use it to fly but someone else can watch in FPV as you fly.
2020-1-6
Use props
dadeow
lvl.1
United States

Is it possible to add a HDMI port to the controller?
2020-1-6
Use props
GerdS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4303379 ft
Germany

Posted before, but as long as DJI fails with supporting their own goggles (I have the original white ones for my Mavic Pro) I am happily flying my Mavic Mini with my XIMMERSE Visor X goggles, see https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3959342
This cheap solution also works for any other drone.

2020-1-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

GerdS Posted at 1-9 02:01
Posted before, but as long as DJI fails with supporting their own goggles (I have the original white ones for my Mavic Pro) I am happily flying my Mavic Mini with my XIMMERSE Visor X goggles, see https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3959342.
This cheap solution also works for any other drone.

Cool! can you elaborate a more on this?
The thingiverse link doesnt work for me...
2020-1-9
Use props
GerdS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4303379 ft
Germany

The link should work now, the problem was just my dot behind the url, which got misinterpreted as part of the url.
For operating the DJI Fly app I am using a handheld Bluetooth controller such as https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XCZRSNT/ref=dp_prsubs_1 which is available at the usual sources.
2020-1-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

GerdS Posted at 1-9 07:36
The link should work now, the problem was just my dot behind the url, which got misinterpreted as part of the url.
For operating the DJI Fly app I am using a handheld Bluetooth controller such as https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XCZRSNT/ref=dp_prsubs_1 which is available at the usual sources.

Thanks for that, I actually own a pair of standard VR Gogles with a similar bluetooth controller, however mine has dual lenses and I dont see how it would work with the DJI FLY App... they are intended more for 3D videos, 360 etc.

Need to investigate further thanks for the info and links, I can see now the Thingiverse files.
2020-1-9
Use props
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

fans3c8741ef Posted at 1-6 03:01
@ DJI Gamorah

can you advise if one day there will definitely be goggles support for mavic mini?

DJI,

For the love of god how hard is it to give your customers a clear answer!

Are you going to provide goggle support for the Mavic Mini or not.  Just answer the question without being disingenuous.

If you do not answer the question then you have no respect for customers and we need to look only as far as your responses to goggle re support for Mavic Pro to understand that we need to support other manufactures as much as possible.

ANSWER THE QUESTION: Are you going to provide goggle support YES or NO?
2020-1-9
Use props
djiuser_OyfjCudtx9vV
New
Flight distance : 17664 ft
Canada

Add my name to the list of clients that would like to see a firmware update for the goggles so they can work with the Mavic Mini as well.

I just purchased the Mavic Mini this Christmas for myself to film my son's football games.  The head following features would make it a lot easier to track and film the games.  Due to the laws for drones, this can't be done with models over 250g, so the Mavic Mini at 249g is the best option.
2020-1-9
Use props
SERDRONE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20043 ft
Argentina

Goggles for dji mini, please!
2020-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules