Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini with DJI Goggles
79428 353 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SERDRONE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20043 ft
Argentina

Also, why not the usb out anymore, c’mon guys, now cant plug my ipad either...
Thanks
2020-1-10
Use props
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

Ok, lets look at this realistically...

DJI, marketing meething:  Question - Do  you think customers would like to use their DJI mavic goggles with the new Mavic Mini?
                                               After a few minutes of pondering - Well probably not.
2020-1-11
Use props
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

They know you want to use goggles why do you think they made goggles?

Sure keep requesting it but they already know.

Read the threads on the desperation of people that wanted to use DJI Goggles re with their Mavic Pro 2 and the countless empty and silly responses from DJI - remember  that the Goggles RE was offered as a bundle with Mavic Pro 2 and customers paid extra for that bundle.  It has huge range limitations, does not perform as advertised and, as far as I know, DJI has still not provided a solution after more than a year.  
People on those threads, including myself, have tried being respectful and trusting only to be ignored and disrespected.

I want to buy Mavic Mini with Goggles but past experience does not bode well.  Who knows, maybe they will come out with new goggles but even if they do make sure you buy with a return policy that gives you time to test the equipment.

Answer the question DJI - We know that you realize customers want to use their goggles so are you going to provide a solution and can you answer in a clear manner ( kinda like  YES or NO )?
2020-1-11
Use props
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

DJI -

Nobody is trying to force you to do something that does not fit your marketing plans or ability to be profitable.

We, certainly me, just want you to clearly state your plans or reason for not supporting Mavic goggles so we can make our purchasing decisions without unfairly waiting forever for you to respond.

These purchases and commitments to your future technology are not cheap and as a consequence we expect to be treated as educated adults and as a business partner ( yes, some people use these drones as a business ) - you make the drones and we provide the cash and profit.

Answer the question DJI - We know that you realize customers want to use their goggles so are you going to provide a solution and can you answer in a clear manner ( kinda like  YES or NO )?
2020-1-11
Use props
djiuser_0wFbzShlxJZO
New
Flight distance : 469259 ft
New Zealand

Any update on weather or not there going to make the mavic mini work with the dji goggles, quite disappointed that it doesn't have it already
2020-1-11
Use props
Jam_Hen
New

United States

Please add compatibility for Fpv goggles on the Mavic mini.
2020-1-15
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

what would the google serve; for you to watch your drone fly away fpv?
2020-1-15
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cavids Posted at 2019-10-30 11:27
if the mini has a pot for a OTG cable then why would it not work with the goggles???

I have the goggles, and have not tried this out, but I suspect that the firmware of the goggles is coded to detect the attached drone/controller like the phone software does, AND that the goggle firmware does not (yet???) successfully detect the Mini.  It may be worth a try to see, but I trust DJI knows what won't work.  Even if for some reason it did work, I would not trust that setup in flight w/o DJI's support.
2020-1-16
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 1-16 15:15
I have the goggles, and have not tried this out, but I suspect that the firmware of the goggles is coded to detect the attached drone/controller like the phone software does, AND that the goggle firmware does not (yet???) successfully detect the Mini.  It may be worth a try to see, but I trust DJI knows what won't work.  Even if for some reason it did work, I would not trust that setup in flight w/o DJI's support.

I connected the DJI googles via the usb cable to OTG port of the controller. The goggles show all the screen info from the DJI FLY app including the GPS satelite number, signal strength, home point, direction the mini is pointed, etc. BUT the camera and map view is missing.
2020-1-16
Use props
platty
lvl.1

United States

The "mavic compatible" indicator on the goggle's web page is one of the reasons I made my purchase (as a future upgrade), only to later find it's not supported. If it's something that can eventually be rolled out, that would rock.
2020-1-16
Use props
OneMoreTime
lvl.1

Netherlands

platty Posted at 1-16 20:30
The "mavic compatible" indicator on the goggle's web page is one of the reasons I made my purchase (as a future upgrade), only to later find it's not supported. If it's something that can eventually be rolled out, that would rock.

Any time soon now that we can connect DJI Goggles with this Mavic Mini?
2020-1-17
Use props
garyflypix.co.uk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137605 ft
United Kingdom

Its been 3 months since this was raised and sadly to even confirmation that one day this will have a resolution.

Can't wait any longer so going for an alternative.

Honestly quite gutted. Thought DJI would come through. Really happy with the Mavic but sad at the investment in goggles for the mini was a complete waste of money.
2020-1-17
Use props
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 1-16 15:15

What support?  The only real support you are going to get is buying from a store that allows you to return the item in a reasonable amount of time - and you better test all the modes!

They advertised that Mavic Pro 2 was compatible with DJI Goggles RE and even sold them as a bundle.  They still  don't work, as advertised, over a year later and they drove their customers crazy trying to return them.  They  claimed that the system was repaired many times for lots of customers and they were not.

I just want information from DJI so I can make a decision to buy or stop waiting.  I know they read these posts and you'll notice they don't respond and history has shown that their responses are largely meaningless.

It's not that they can't respond in a meaningful way, they just will not...
2020-1-17
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

garyflypix.co.uk Posted at 1-17 06:31
Its been 3 months since this was raised and sadly to even confirmation that one day this will have a resolution.

what alternative?
2020-1-17
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

garyflypix.co.uk Posted at 1-17 06:31
Its been 3 months since this was raised and sadly to even confirmation that one day this will have a resolution.

Just get an M2Z.
2020-1-17
Use props
djiuser_FWvYdZWdbQzd
New

Netherlands

I have both, Mavic Mini and the Goggles RE. The RE is able to read all the information form the Mavic Mini, the only thing that there is no image. Not sure where the fault is, the RE or the Mini, but to me it seems that DJI should be able to fix this issue with a firmware update. Reason why it takes so long is beyond me and it is kinda frustrating TBH. The marketing screams that the Goggles can be used with any of their products and we can't. So, what is the next step in this? I would like to receive some definitive answers from DJI about their product compatibility, can we expect or not expect them to use together. But this shouldn't take not to long anymore, before the Chinese new year (25th of January 2020)?   
2020-1-18
Use props
djiuser_FWvYdZWdbQzd
New

Netherlands

djiuser_FWvYdZWdbQzd Posted at 1-18 02:58
I have both, Mavic Mini and the Goggles RE. The RE is able to read all the information form the Mavic Mini, the only thing that there is no image. Not sure where the fault is, the RE or the Mini, but to me it seems that DJI should be able to fix this issue with a firmware update. Reason why it takes so long is beyond me and it is kinda frustrating TBH. The marketing screams that the Goggles can be used with any of their products and we can't. So, what is the next step in this? I would like to receive some definitive answers from DJI about their product compatibility, can we expect or not expect them to use together. But this shouldn't take not to long anymore, before the Chinese new year (25th of January 2020)?

note: DJI have brought many updates to the RE to support other DJI drones when they got launched. So, it seems no brainier to me that they add a support for the Mavic MIni to the RE goggles.
2020-1-18
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_FWvYdZWdbQzd Posted at 1-18 02:58

I tried the connection with the original goggles weeks ago with the same results.....all info but no image.
2020-1-18
Use props
GerdS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4303379 ft
Germany

Meanwhile I am quite sure that DJI will NEVER support the goggles for the Mini!

First, the goggles are running a simplified and adapted version of the 32 bit compatible GO4 app, while the Mini is using the Fly app, requiring a 64 bit Android OS.
Second, DJI has made a major fault for saving few $$ by removing all buttons and switches (except for RTH) from the MM remote, all must be operated via the mobile device touchscreen now.

If you are flying a Mavic Pro with the goggles, you usually do most operation by using the 5 way button as well as the C1 and C2 buttons at the remote instead of using the goggles touchpad and its two buttons. The goggles firmware can get almost fully remote controlled by these function buttons, so no need for removing your right hand from the remote stick.
So, even if they would make work displaying the MM video stream on the goggles, simple things such as switching between position/sport/cinematic mode would not be possible in a simple way. If they would implement the goggles touchscreen for that, the pilot would always need taking his right hand off the remote for operating menus at the goggles. And now imagine a stress situation or an emergency, it won't work, at least not for less experienced pilots.

I am already familiar with this problem when flying with my smartphone goggles mentioned before. I am using a one-handed Bluetooth controller for operating the Fly app and always have to get it out of my pocket with one hand, operate the Fly app and then store it away before getting my hand back onto the remote.
So, e.g. switching to sports mode can easily take up to 10 seconds. But I am used to that and can handle it. Anyone else too?

2020-1-19
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

GerdS Posted at 1-19 01:46

First, the goggles are running a simplified and adapted version of the 32 bit compatible GO4 app, while the Mini is using the Fly app, requiring a 64 bit Android OS.

Gerds are you using an android phone? I bought a one handed Bluetooth controller and it didn’t work on my iPhone.
2020-1-19
Use props
GerdS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4303379 ft
Germany

Drone1234 Posted at 1-19 02:42
Gerds are you using an android phone? I bought a one handed Bluetooth controller and it didn’t work on my iPhone.

Yes, I am actually using a Huawei Mate 20 Pro. My controller has a switch for selecting between Android and iOS, but I have no experience on how it works with iOS and if there are limitations.
These controllers are of quite poor quality, equivalent to their cheap price. E.g. the "joystick" just pushes against four microswitches instead of being a real analog stick. Would pay more for a higher quality stick but didn't find yet one...

2020-1-19
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

Airheadbit Posted at 2019-11-5 07:16
I have an M2Z with Goggles RE, my 10.5 S4 tablet has so much more detail then the Re goggles it isn't even close.
There is a $100 tablet that has HDMI out you can connect to the RE, I use it for connecting to a 46" monitor.
DJI is going to regret having a different app for each drone, already they can't keep up with fixes for existing app/products... Still waiting on a fix for RE: STOP reprogramming my drone on connection!

I'm not sure I fully understand your post. I would like to experience the goggles and I can buy them to use with my Sparks, but not the Mini.  In the meantime, I bought an 8" Galaxy Tab A ($130) and the screen size is REALLY good.  Have not used it extensively yet due to weather, but did a little practicing navigating around the house while wifey was out.  Pretty cool, although navigating in close quarters is definitely unnerving.  A side benefit of the Galaxy Tab is its battery capacity.  No idea how long it will last, but if I use it only for flying it will probably be weeks.  Am curious - if goggles plug into the controller how would they have any less latency than a phone or tablet?  I had a bit of distrust in that it seemed like the mini could drift in position until I had good orientation before the next move.
2020-1-19
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

sokolum Posted at 2019-11-5 13:50
I was so surprised to see they had to launch a different app for this. It’s almost 2020, the time of hyperconvertion. So create one app where you can have it all.

As a professional software developer, I can validate DJI's decision to use a new app. Supporting all devices in all configurations with all options makes for a great deal of complexity and makes for more bugs, and mode difficult fixes.  We are currently seeing a VERY responsive approach - 6 (or 7) releases in two months.  DJI, you are doing a good job!
2020-1-19
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

GerdS Posted at 1-19 07:33
Yes, I am actually using a Huawei Mate 20 Pro. My controller has a switch for selecting between Android and iOS, but I have no experience on how it works with iOS and if there are limitations.
These controllers are of quite poor quality, equivalent to their cheap price. E.g. the "joystick" just pushes against four microswitches instead of being a real analog stick. Would pay more for a higher quality stick but didn't find yet one...

I ordered the XIMMERSE VISOR X AGM goggles a couple weeks ago.  Not sure when they will arrive. Unfortunately iOS devices lack the ability to use the full functionality of the Bluetooth controllers. I won’t be able to make changes in the app but at least I’ll be fly with the goggles.
2020-1-19
Use props
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

JohnK48 Posted at 1-19 11:48
As a professional software developer, I can validate DJI's decision to use a new app. Supporting all devices in all configurations with all options makes for a great deal of complexity and makes for more bugs, and mode difficult fixes.  We are currently seeing a VERY responsive approach - 6 (or 7) releases in two months.  DJI, you are doing a good job!

I don't think you have been reading the other threads on DJI responsiveness.

If there is  a problem they seldom respond or fix and from what I have seen have earned the reputation of having the worst customer service.

DJI, provide some service here and let us know...  crickets chirping.............
2020-1-19
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

Gene2 Posted at 1-19 22:40
I don't think you have been reading the other threads on DJI responsiveness.

If there is  a problem they seldom respond or fix and from what I have seen have earned the reputation of having the worst customer service.

I grant you that sometimes there is a long lag in responding, but at the same time one of the cardinal principles in software support is to NOT make a promise on when a fix will be available.  Even when a fix is available in a short time, it takes a good while to do proper regression testing that can (and often does) uncover interactions and unintended consequences between the new code and older code.  Yet another reason to go to a new app.  In the mean time it can be very helpful for us as forum members to help one another out with work-arounds and supplementary knowledge.  And as you can see in some threads there are serious debates about what kind of fix is appropriate if any.
2020-1-22
Use props
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

JohnK48 Posted at 1-22 10:40
I grant you that sometimes there is a long lag in responding, but at the same time one of the cardinal principles in software support is to NOT make a promise on when a fix will be available.  Even when a fix is available in a short time, it takes a good while to do proper regression testing that can (and often does) uncover interactions and unintended consequences between the new code and older code.  Yet another reason to go to a new app.  In the mean time it can be very helpful for us as forum members to help one another out with work-arounds and supplementary knowledge.  And as you can see in some threads there are serious debates about what kind of fix is appropriate if any.

But DJI did make a promise when they advertised that Goggles Re would work with Mavic Pro 2 and more than a year later they still have not addressed the problem or helped their customers that bought the bundle.  The regression testing was carried out by their customers that sent test data and videos of the  range problems and conditions - no help.

I think it's pretty clear that they're not going to support the goggles and avoid any problems by responding on  this forum.

2020-1-22
Use props
BigBird-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-11-5 14:24
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we do appreciate your feedback. In addition to this, I already forwarded this request feature to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Hope the department takes it serious. I think it would be great also.
Thanks Gamora
2020-1-22
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Epson BT-300 AR glasses users might get lucky, if Litchi can make their app compatible with the Mavic Mini by using the MM SDK (planned release in April according to DJI)
If they can,  then you can get the same  FPV mode experience  for the MM through the Epson glasses
2020-1-22
Use props
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

BigBird-2 Posted at 1-22 16:01
Thanks Gamora

Thank you for the honest response.

2020-1-23
Use props
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

Gene2 Posted at 1-23 08:24
Thank you for the honest response.

Opps - I though you were DJI.  

Yea, that's what they say; "our engineers are looking into it or some such thing".

The useful help has always been from other members on this forum.
2020-1-23
Use props
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

lannes Posted at 1-22 17:54
Epson BT-300 AR glasses users might get lucky, if Litchi can make their app compatible with the Mavic Mini by using the MM SDK (planned release in April according to DJI)
If they can,  then you can get the same  FPV mode experience  for the MM through the Epson glasses

Thanks

Gene
2020-1-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BigBird-2 Posted at 1-22 16:01
Thanks Gamora

Thank you for your patience. Cheers!
2020-1-24
Use props
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-24 11:25
Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

Does this mean that our patience is well spent?

Is it the intention of DJI to support goggles for Mavic Mini?
2020-1-24
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just get an M2Z.  It's a better experience imo than the M2P in the air because of the Zoom ability.
2020-1-24
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gene2 Posted at 1-24 14:17
Does this mean that our patience is well spent?

Is it the intention of DJI to support goggles for Mavic Mini?

"Is it the intention of DJI to support goggles for Mavic Mini?"

really, gene?

c'mon.  
2020-1-24
Use props
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-24 14:39
"Is it the intention of DJI to support goggles for Mavic Mini?"

really, gene?

Well, it's a legitimate question, is not unreasonable and seems to be unanswered - although the response "have patience" could be construed as positive (glass 1/2 full).

Look, goggle support for Mavic Mini at this price point and video quality would be absolutely amazing.  I'm sure DJI knew this while the MM was being designed and their marketing knew if it was technically and financially feasible so they've already thought about this and can provide an answer.

Hopefully, patience (in this case) will be rewarded with what we want and perhaps a rose with normal turgor pressure

Gene
2020-1-24
Use props
Reginald Keasley
New

United States

Please make them goggle capable !
2020-1-24
Use props
Mark Deniro Mckay
New

United States

I too want these to be compatible with fpv goggles
2020-1-28
Use props
Alex Makris
lvl.1

Canada

GerdS Posted at 1-19 01:46

I tend to agree with you GerdS,

The original request in this forum came over 3 months ago and all the replies seen from the support team  mention the word patience and that the request will be passed to the engineers ... Well the least someone would expect after all this time is some feedback, on their plans, or if there is a technical difficulty some abstract description of the problem.

Perhaps they remain silent (e.g. no feedback at all for over 3 months on their intentions) because they do not intend to support the goggles (either as a marketing policy or possible technical difficulties). If that is the case this is simply unprofessional and unethical. If on the other hand, after 3 months, they still havent replied and feedback from the designing teams or there is communication problem then this is simply a sign of incompetence !

I am sure, our concerns will be forwarded to the developing/support team and all with a bit of patience in the next 2-3 years and after a new low end model come out, we will  have our answer ...

(By the way, I have a mavic mini and as other people here, one of the main reasons to buy it was my assumption that it works with all DJI products as per DJI's advertisment ...).

So many requests for 100s of people and so many months without even a reply from DJI on their intentions for this feature ... Simply unacceptable !
2020-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules