79676 353 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

im sure the vast majority of the Mavic Mini flyers do not care if the googles are supported or not.  I bet 90% of the flyers are not even aware of the year's old product.  Perhaps if they launched a set of mini-goggles in 2020 that were half-priced....THEN we would certainly have high expectations.
2020-1-29
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28048 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-29 12:54
im sure the vast majority of the Mavic Mini flyers do not care if the googles are supported or not.  I bet 90% of the flyers are not even aware of the year's old product.  Perhaps if they launched a set of mini-goggles in 2020 that were half-priced....THEN we would certainly have high expectations.

Do you own a pair of DJI goggles ?
2020-1-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Drone1234 Posted at 1-29 15:51
Do you own a pair of DJI goggles ?

yes I do.  I have a m2z.  why?
2020-1-29
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-29 16:18
yes I do.  I have a m2z.  why?

I was just curious if you would use them for the Mini if that feature was available. I fly a lot of mini and micro quads for fun with non-DJI analog goggles. I have the original version DJI goggles that I use on my Mavic Pro and Spark. I'd would like to use them on the Mini. I also ordered a pair of Ximmerse Visor X goggles in case the Mini doesn't get the update to use DJI goggles.
2020-1-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Drone1234 Posted at 1-29 18:11
I was just curious if you would use them for the Mini if that feature was available. I fly a lot of mini and micro quads for fun with non-DJI analog goggles. I have the original version DJI goggles that I use on my Mavic Pro and Spark. I'd would like to use them on the Mini. I also ordered a pair of Ximmerse Visor X goggles in case the Mini doesn't get the update to use DJI goggles.

goggles are not my thing.  i use them occasionally and i don't believe i would use them much for the mini.  they're cool for your bystander and they are nice to have but i wouldn't care one way or the other if they worked with the mini.  obviously i would expect the dji goggles 2 to work with the mini and anything new they come out with but i don't really blame them if they didn't work back to make it compatible.  that would be the selfish answer because i guess i already have a compatible drone.
2020-1-29
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-29 18:26
goggles are not my thing.  i use them occasionally and i don't believe i would use them much for the mini.  they're cool for your bystander and they are nice to have but i wouldn't care one way or the other if they worked with the mini.  obviously i would expect the dji goggles 2 to work with the mini and anything new they come out with but i don't really blame them if they didn't work back to make it compatible.  that would be the selfish answer because i guess i already have a compatible drone.

Thanks for the honest answer.
2020-1-29
Use props
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

Alex Makris Posted at 1-29 10:44
I tend to agree with you GerdS,

The original request in this forum came over 3 months ago and all the replies seen from the support team  mention the word patience and that the request will be passed to the engineers ... Well the least someone would expect after all this time is some feedback, on their plans, or if there is a technical difficulty some abstract description of the problem.

In my last post I got tired of just posting negative comments.

From what I've seen the DJI representatives that read these posts simply do not have the authority to give any answers that may commit to any specific actions or intentions one way or the other.  They can't say yes or no.  The company makes their products and you just buy them - support is not their thing.

I have my reasons for wanting the goggles and they include a more immersive flight experience.  I really want the Goggles RE with MM but it seems that, currently, the only way to use goggles is with the white ones on MP2 or MPZ2.

See if DJI answers this very reasonable question:
Has the range problem with Goggles RE and Mavic Pro 2 Zoom been understood and fixed?
2020-1-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gene2 Posted at 1-30 07:56
In my last post I got tired of just posting negative comments.

From what I've seen the DJI representatives that read these posts simply do not have the authority to give any answers that may commit to any specific actions or intentions one way or the other.  They can't say yes or no.  The company makes their products and you just buy them - support is not their thing.

"Has the range problem with Goggles RE and Mavic Pro 2 Zoom been understood and fixed?"

I remember that question and since I could not get a definitive answer one way or the other, I decided to just go with the ordinary white googles and they work excellent; quite the immersive experience.

You are correct, no dji poster can be expected to answer such questions on an open forum.  I am not aware of any Internet forum where the practice is tolerated.
2020-1-30
Use props
Alex Makris
lvl.1

Canada

The Saint Posted at 1-29 12:54

I am not sure if that is quite true. Judging by the number of posts here (only from those who found this particular forum and topic) it seems to me like there is a lot of demand (maybe not the vast majority but just the majority ...) So as none of us can put a % on the people that are interested, I guess it is not safe to make assumptions.

Although I tried to make sure that my post is not misunderstood, I am not sure if I have managed to, judging by your comments. Ofcourse it is in DJI's discretion and marketing plan the decision whether they will add support for the googles, what I find simply unacceptable is their lack of any meaningful response to so many customers or potential customers for 3+ months (in this thread and possibly others).

For example, they could reply with any of the following answers (or variations of them):

1) We are not going to support this feature ...
2) We are planning to support this feature ...
3) We might support this feature in the future (on the assumption that it is technically feasible - e.g. at least giving us some feedback that it can be done)
4) Currently we have no plans to support this feature...

But what they choose to, is to insulting people's inteligence by thanking them for their patience ! This could be OK for a short period of time, but after 3+ months IT IS NOT. This is at best unprofessional from DJi's side.

Also it would be a good idea for DJI to change their comment at 3:48 of the following DJI goggles video link

from "All newer DJI aircraft models work seamlessly with the DJI goggles" to something else as this is at best, misleading information !

(I hope they are watching this thread, and expect to update their advertising video as well as giving an answer - other than thank you - to the people that are expecting some feedback for over 3 months now ...)
2020-1-30
Use props
Alex Makris
lvl.1

Canada

Sorry, I was not allowed to put the page link in previous post, but this is from the official DJI site (video for for the DJI GOGGLES)
2020-1-30
Use props
djiuser_KIA3kgK3oBZ3
New
Germany

I'd like to see support for Goggles or any other easy to use FPV solution too!
Bought the Mini anyhow but this would really hit it!
2020-1-31
Use props
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

Alex Makris Posted at 1-30 11:31
I am not sure if that is quite true. Judging by the number of posts here (only from those who found this particular forum and topic) it seems to me like there is a lot of demand (maybe not the vast majority but just the majority ...) So as none of us can put a % on the people that are interested, I guess it is not safe to make assumptions.

Although I tried to make sure that my post is not misunderstood, I am not sure if I have managed to, judging by your comments. Ofcourse it is in DJI's discretion and marketing plan the decision whether they will add support for the googles, what I find simply unacceptable is their lack of any meaningful response to so many customers or potential customers for 3+ months (in this thread and possibly others).

Well said.

I think this company has a very rigid structure and poor internal communication.  Customer  requests just do not rise to the level where they make it to an individual that has the independence to give a meaningful answer other than information-free comments.

I understand the perils of making posts on the forums but you can't even call them.  I called Skydio and got real answers to my questions - no problem.  

Their products are, at this point in time, desirable if you buy with a return policy but I think they're very vulnerable to competition despite their market share.

Gene
2020-1-31
Use props
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-30 09:16
"Has the range problem with Goggles RE and Mavic Pro 2 Zoom been understood and fixed?"

I remember that question and since I could not get a definitive answer one way or the other, I decided to just go with the ordinary white googles and they work excellent; quite the immersive experience.

Thanks,

Yea, I'm thinking of just going with the Zoom and  white goggles.  

I want the goggles RE for other uses  but I'm tired of waiting so it looks like I will have to buy both.

I also have my order reserved for Skydio 2.

Gene
2020-1-31
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gene2 Posted at 1-31 09:04
Thanks,

Yea, I'm thinking of just going with the Zoom and  white goggles.  

yeah I think a bunch of us have batch 3 Skydio 2 for this spring/summer.

still will get m3 but I like evo2, too.
2020-1-31
Use props
OneMoreTime
lvl.1

Netherlands

Any update from DJI yet? If not, are they always so slow?
2020-2-2
Use props
Alex Makris
lvl.1

Canada

OneMoreTime Posted at 2-2 07:44
Any update from DJI yet? If not, are they always so slow?

Thank you for your patience
2020-2-3
Use props
Hologram
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75751 ft
United States

I would 100% purchase the goggles if they were made to be compatible with my Mavic Mini.  Just putting in my 2 cents.
2020-2-7
Use props
GP-WannaKnow
New
Flight distance : 14688 ft
Germany

Just came to say I would also like to have the dji googles with my mavic mini!
2020-2-8
Use props
user7a2938c488
lvl.2
Canada

We need goggles!
2020-2-9
Use props
German DroneTV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 741864 ft
Germany

Mini with Goggles, here you have:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=208728&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D712%26typeid%3D712
2020-2-10
Use props
A the G
lvl.1

Canada

German DroneTV Posted at 2-10 04:07

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=208728&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D712%26typeid%3D712

This could be a nice compromise. Thanks for sharing !
2020-2-10
Use props
thecolumnsaol.com
lvl.1
United States

German DroneTV Posted at 2-10 04:07

Mr. German Drone, does this really work?  I really want to experience FPV with my newly purchased Mavic Mini but not to the cost of over $350 after purchase of the goggles, airplay dongle and power bank.  If you'd like you can send me a direct e-mail at the following:  thecolumns@aol.com

Thank You
Bob
2020-2-17
Use props
German DroneTV
lvl.3
Germany

yes it works. You have PM
2020-2-17
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I bought an Anycast M100 2.4/5G and the image was too jerky and blurred for me. Not sure why.
2020-2-17
Use props
German DroneTV
lvl.3
Germany

Look here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=209134&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D712%26typeid%3D712

The Image is better than on my iPhone XS
2020-2-17
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The image looks fine on my old iPhone 6 Plus. It’s in the goggles that it’s jerky and blurry that is mirror cast from the WiFi dongle.
2020-2-17
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Drone1234 Posted at 2-17 11:40
The image looks fine on my old iPhone 6 Plus. It’s in the goggles that it’s jerky and blurry that is mirror cast from the WiFi dongle.

I did more testing. Seems like there is more delay when plugged into the goggles thru hdmi port as opposed to connecting to a computer monitor hdmi port. I did get less blur by removing the ND filter I had on the lens.
Also if you are flying the Mavic Mini FCC version instead of the CE don't you need to connect to the wifi with 2.4G and not 5G ?  
2020-2-17
Use props
Steve's
lvl.1

United States

This is a very important feature to just not include for the reason of the DJI Mavic Mini being "entry-level".
I currently own a Phantom and am looking for a more portable, reasonably priced unit to travel with. A mini would fit the reason for purchasing and is reasonably priced.
From what I see the Mavic 2 at a price over a thousand dollars is the first unit in this format to support goggles.
As a beginner in FPV I'm struggling to learn and possibly destroy my expensive drone or by a drone that is almost as expensive and putting it at risk of destruction due to being a novice at FPV.
As a hobby most start small and build up in cost or value as they learn and become a more skilled hobbyist. In many ways this prevents this, in the end it hurts the hobbyist and DJI.
Not only would this help sell more DJI goggles but also sell more Mavic Minis while increasing the opportunity of future sales to bigger, better and badder systems.
2020-2-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Steve's Posted at 2-22 17:30
This is a very important feature to just not include for the reason of the DJI Mavic Mini being "entry-level".
I currently own a Phantom and am looking for a more portable, reasonably priced unit to travel with. A mini would fit the reason for purchasing and is reasonably priced.
From what I see the Mavic 2 at a price over a thousand dollars is the first unit in this format to support goggles.

this is strictly my opinion but no new (novice) drone flyer should be using the goggles.  
the dji googles are more suitable for those who have a bit more experience with the dji equipment.
2020-2-22
Use props
A the G
lvl.1

Canada

The Saint Posted at 2-22 17:43
this is strictly my opinion but no new (novice) drone flyer should be using the goggles.  
the dji googles are more suitable for those who have a bit more experience with the dji equipment.

I personally find it a little easier to use the drone in fpv mode because I am still not very familiar in piloting the drone from relative angles (e.g. when the drone faces towards me or the opposite direction etc). In FPV mode at least things are a little more consistent and provided that I am a little more cautius about the surroundings, I seem to be a lot more accurate and  I do enjoy the flight experience more ... (my personal view too)
2020-2-24
Use props
PetMei
New
Germany

Glad I found this discussion - was about to buy the Mini as travel alternative to my Mavic Pro, but learning it doesn't support my Goggles and DJI not giving any statement if it will ever do so is a killer - sorry DJI, you just lost another customer.
2020-3-1
Use props
BigBird-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hologram Posted at 2-7 09:55
I would 100% purchase the goggles if they were made to be compatible with my Mavic Mini.  Just putting in my 2 cents.

I would also, for sure.
2020-3-1
Use props
PetMei
New
Germany

Just had a look at the current (German) product description of the DJI Goggles, and there the support of Mavic Mini is explicitly excluded. This should end our hope for future Mini support I guess.
2020-3-2
Use props
djiuser_SA1qxzQGfdIe
New

India

please add goggles specifications that will we very much appreciated
2020-3-2
Use props
djiuser_25rs1LVf7zOY
lvl.1
Canada

PetMei Posted at 3-2 00:03
Just had a look at the current (German) product description of the DJI Goggles, and there the support of Mavic Mini is explicitly excluded. This should end our hope for future Mini support I guess.

But this is what many  people are asking here. Is there going to be support for this in the future. Despite some of the advertizing videos suggesting that the goggles where compatible with all mavic products - we now know that this is not true. The problem is that there is absolutely no meaningful feedback weather there will be support in the future or not.
2020-3-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_25rs1LVf7zOY Posted at 3-2 08:42
But this is what many  people are asking here. Is there going to be support for this in the future. Despite some of the advertizing videos suggesting that the goggles where compatible with all mavic products - we now know that this is not true. The problem is that there is absolutely no meaningful feedback weather there will be support in the future or not.

I think it is pretty clear at this point, don't you agree?   .
2020-3-2
Use props
djiuser_25rs1LVf7zOY
lvl.1
Canada

The Saint Posted at 3-2 10:24
I think it is pretty clear at this point, don't you agree?   .

It would have been clear if we had an answer.  As far as I am aware  they only mentioned that they will forward the request for goggles support to their teams, they didn't say that it can not be done or it will not be done  ... Since then, we are enjoying DJI's the silence , and this is my criticism (along with other people here) !

BTW I the one and the same person as "A the G"  but I had to reset my password as it stopped working and since then although I used the same email address (for resetting),  the forum seems to have  lost my identity
2020-3-2
Use props
Mavic One
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18435 ft
Switzerland

I got the Goggles for my Mavic Pro. I am a filmmaker and photographer and for both f these tasks, they are not very useful. Someone else stated hat they were good for fun - that's exactly the point. You will use them a few weeks and then leave them at home.

Another thing worth mentioning: it is impossible to set the diopter - it is a gamble whether or not you will have a clear image.

So don't put too many hopes into the Goggles. They are a nice gimmick but SURE not a must-have.
2020-3-4
Use props
Kobski
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1788297 ft
United Kingdom

I would also like to see compatibility between the beautiful MM and Dji Goggles. Hopefully in the near future we'll see firmware. I already own Goggles which I use with my P4P & would love to try them with my Mini also
2020-3-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mavic One Posted at 3-4 06:30
I got the Goggles for my Mavic Pro. I am a filmmaker and photographer and for both f these tasks, they are not very useful. Someone else stated hat they were good for fun - that's exactly the point. You will use them a few weeks and then leave them at home.

Another thing worth mentioning: it is impossible to set the diopter - it is a gamble whether or not you will have a clear image.

dji googles have lens inserts that you can purchase separately..  I insert them and all is clear.
2020-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules