Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile 3 App crashes and leaves device in limbo
3514 22 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbe50928c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 380548 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Mimo App with the ozmo freeses up when I try do a timelapse in 4k with a start and stop point.
Device info and software ver.
Galaxy S9+ App Android: v1.2.4 running Android 9
Osmo on Latest firmware : v01.00.00.50

After doing numerous tests, it seems my Osmo Mobile 3 and Mimo disconnect from each other. The recording stops and the app crashes. However the Gimbal keeps moving in the programmed state.

Test 1
30 minute timelapse in 4k, photo every 3 seconds trying to create a 20 second clip with a start and stop point - App freeses about 2 minutes in and crashes.

Test 2
2 minute timelapse in 1080p with 0.5 second intervals totalling 8 seconds of video with a start and stop point - I got to the end of the recording session and the appcrashed and closed.

Test 3
Trying to setup another 2 minute test in 1080p, app crashed and discnnected from the Osmo, never even go to record.

Basically this device or app is faulty and needs to be fixed. please regress to older firmware and app that was fine.

2019-10-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi all, DJI has identified a recent issue affecting some customers using the Mimo App for Osmo Mobile 3 on several Android systems.
DJI is currently finalizing an update to the Mimo app which will resolve this issue. Periodically, devices and software require automatic updates. A recent automatic update to a security feature has affected the operation of the Mimo app for some customers using Android. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and in the meantime, please use the native camera app or another 3rd party app.
Thank you for your continued support.
2019-11-7
Use props
ans0600
lvl.1
Australia

Try just using the app for a while, it crashes for me after a few minutes. It is not related to the device IMO.
2019-10-30
Use props
nostromito
lvl.3
Spain

Hi, we're having the same problems, I opened a thread a few days ago about it.
Stop by if you want, there are more users with the same problem.

Constant bluetooth disconnections

Greetings!
2019-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are so sorry for the troubles with DJI Mimo, may we have more details?
1. Did you enable Beauty Mode when the issue happened?
2. Could you please export the logs for further analysis? Please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here.
Android device: internal storage/DJI/DJI MIMO/LOG
2019-10-31
Use props
fansbe50928c
lvl.1
  • >>>
Spain

Quick Update, I downgraded the App version and got the same thing. This has been happening since the Firmware  v01.00.00.50 update. I have also had the crashes on multiple phones now.
2019-10-31
Use props
fansbe50928c
lvl.1
  • >>>
Spain

ans0600 Posted at 10-30 19:34
Try just using the app for a while, it crashes for me after a few minutes. It is not related to the device IMO.

I downgraded the app using the older APK and same propblem.
2019-10-31
Use props
fansbe50928c
lvl.1
  • >>>
Spain

Hey,

I have sent the logs in already - But feel free to grab them herelink to logs|

Thanks
2019-10-31
Use props
djiuser_Tmr4tIVNYAKN
New
Belgium

Hi, can someone tell me, why when i move my osmo mobile 3, and in the screen of Mimo app appear “ Axis Gimbal reach limited “. Its working when i record video but when i move its appear again. Can someone tell me what thats mean and how to solve that ? Is it broke or oke ? Thank you
2019-10-31
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

You are tilting the device too far.  If you want to use a greater angle of tilt, then hold the handle sideways as shown in the manual.
2019-10-31
Use props
FatherOfMayhem3
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@DJI - Any updates on this?
2019-11-4
Use props
kiminx
First Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

i have same problem with samsung s9 and samsung a50.
very disappointed! i lost live moment that cannot re-do when recording with osmo 3.
upset!
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansbe50928c Posted at 10-31 09:12
Hey,

I have sent the logs in already - But feel free to grab them herelink to logs|

Sorry for the late response and I didn't see the link of the logs, could you please post again? And did you enable Beauty Mode when it happens? Thank you in advance.
2019-11-4
Use props
louyseiz00
lvl.1
United States

Well done DJI! I was an enthusiastic first time buyer of the brand with the OSMO3, and given your complete lack of assistance, and because you provided a faulty firmware almost 3 weeks ago without any fix or communication, I have sent my unit back. And I invite everyone here to do the same.
This is purely unacceptable. I thought I'd buy a Mavic Mini, now I know I won't.
I am extremely disappointed by DJI.
You guys just keep posting the same generic responses, and do not take into account numerous customers' opinions, and people reporting massive bugs. You made people lost time, energy, and in my case, lots of rushes for my videos.
This is unacceptable.
2019-11-4
Use props
FatherOfMayhem3
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The official reply from DJI on this issue is as follows.

Thank you for giving us time to resolve your issue about your DJI Mimo app crashed. However, based on our application team. They advised to please use a different phone, this problem was already forwarded to our technical colleagues that are stepping up testing and optimization of the application. Kindly wait for the further update regarding on this.

I mean , of course we all have different phones lying around, think ill use my iPhone 11 instead because its just lying around!!!! Said no one ever
2019-11-5
Use props
FatherOfMayhem3
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The official reply from DJI on this issue is as follows.

Thank you for giving us time to resolve your issue about your DJI Mimo app crashed. However, based on our application team. They advised to please use a different phone, this problem was already forwarded to our technical colleagues that are stepping up testing and optimization of the application. Kindly wait for the further update regarding on this.

I mean , of course we all have different phones lying around, think ill use my iPhone 11 instead because its just lying around!!!! Said no one ever
2019-11-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Well... I've got an iPhone 6 that I keep for doing the few things that can't be done with Android devices, and I could use that, but the camera isn't as good as on my Android device, so I'm continuing to use my Android device, but with a different brand of gimbal.  When they fix Mimo - and I'm sure they will - I'll get the Mobile 3 out of the cupboard if I need the gesture control feature, or if I need to have something foldable with me, but otherwise I actually prefer my new one (which was first marketed a couple of years ago, and its app is much more 'mature' than Mimo - I'm sure Mimo will catch up eventually).
2019-11-5
Use props
mkvtec
New

United Kingdom

Same as couple of users above! First-time buyer, cause I thought DJI has a reputation and makes decent products. How was I mistaken! Bought Osmo Mobile 3 to pair with my S10+. The app is crashing randomly disregarding whatever you do. I tried to reinstall, clearing data, clearing cache. Nothing helps! Being honest I have enough and want to return your product!
2019-11-5
Use props
Дмитрий Соколов
New

United States

the same problem lost video of mounting my installation

I try used it with xiaomi mi mix3, redmi 5 and friends samsung phone.

Problem is the same - lost connection in hyperloop mode and crashes

2019-11-5
Use props
djiuser_7fJocpOdTX4V
lvl.1
Turkey

I'm having the same issue. I am using Samsung Galaxy S10+ and it's listed in the compatibility chart DJI provides. It's really a shame. The hardware is amazing; but the Mimo app is garbage as is and needs an immediate update. Hope DJI figures this out very soon or lots of units will be returned. Not good for DJI's reputation.

Looking forward to hearing from DJI.
2019-11-7
Use props
트리엘
New

South Korea

i have same issue with osmo mobile3 and galaxy note 9. It`s only for the iphone.[b] dont buy this item if you have android smartphone.
2019-11-7
Use props
deadpoolio
New

Malaysia

why i havent read this before??
2019-12-9
Use props
djiuser_EkMF4L8EWKGK
New

Nigeria

My dj1 osmo 5 gimbal just went limb, nothing is working but it's coming on. This happen when it asked me to update the firmware which I started but could not finish it. Pls I need help.
2023-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules