Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin SC with G80/85
15308 19 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisdutton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14511 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I have a Panasonic G80. I've seen a great deal on the Ronin SC for £260. My only worry is that it won't work with my camera.

Has anyone used this gimbal with a G80?

Also, is the Pro package worth the upgrade? I'll be using this on holiday, so not sure whether I'll need the extra.
2019-10-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately, the preferred camera that you would like to use with our Ronin-SC is not yet compatible as of the time being. Therefore, the functionality would not be available and we couldn't guarantee the outcome upon using it. You could also visit the link below for your reference. Thank you for your support.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
2019-10-31
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The g85 works great on the Ronin SC (shown behind the Ronin S) it works great so get the deal.
20190930_121227.jpg
2019-10-31
Use props
stromnessian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 717881 ft
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 10-31 13:23
The g85 works great on the Ronin SC (shown behind the Ronin S) it works great so get the deal.

I was looking at the Ronin SC for the G80 too.  Could you list the features that do/don't work and is there any benefit in buying the Panasonic control cable?

Many thanks
2019-11-1
Use props
stromnessian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 717881 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, was this a one-off deal?  It seems like a great price!  Thanks
2019-11-1
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

stromnessian Posted at 11-1 12:34
I was looking at the Ronin SC for the G80 too.  Could you list the features that do/don't work and is there any benefit in buying the Panasonic control cable?

Many thanks
Everything works. And you must buy the cable or it wont work.
2019-11-1
Use props
nik19dji
New

Taiwan

have both g85 and g95, IMO they really are the people's champion, I guess for some unspeakable reason DJI official support just not allowed to confirm this information out loud, and I bet they won't update the compatibility list like forever. with "RSS Control Cable for Panasonic" it both work fine, go for it AFTER you are 100% sure that u can get that cable too, as for the pro pack, it's useful if you use manual focus in most of time, otherwise you can use auto focus and save some money.
2019-11-1
Use props
vp321
New
Hungary

nik19dji Posted at 11-1 17:50
have both g85 and g95, IMO they really are the people's champion, I guess for some unspeakable reason DJI official support just not allowed to confirm this information out loud, and I bet they won't update the compatibility list like forever. with "RSS Control Cable for Panasonic" it both work fine, go for it AFTER you are 100% sure that u can get that cable too, as for the pro pack, it's useful if you use manual focus in most of time, otherwise you can use auto focus and save some money.

Work the focus when running the record?
2019-11-11
Use props
H-GDJ
New
Hungary

nik19dji Posted at 2019-11-1 17:50

The RSS control cable did not work with my G80 (G85) which I purchased last January. I was already thinking about the cost of buying a GH5 in panic, when I saw a video on Youtube that it was just working fine for someone. I noticed the video was uploaded end of last year, then somehow it came to my mind what if there was a firmware update for the Panasonic G80/G81/G85 since my purchase, and bingo. It turned out you need to update the G80 body's firmware to version 1.4 in order to get the RSS remote shutter control work.  Now it works perfectly!
2020-5-19
Use props
djiuser_LTSYv80co339
New

Poland

Hi I have a g7 and the remote shutter works, but when I get to M mode, it only takes pictures - I want to start recording - any tips anyone?
2020-5-28
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_LTSYv80co339 Posted at 5-28 12:54
Hi I have a g7 and the remote shutter works, but when I get to M mode, it only takes pictures - I want to start recording - any tips anyone?
Ahhh hello set it to video mode, I'm assuming you have and are using the dedicated panasonic cable sold separately
2020-6-2
Use props
capthook
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238871 ft
United States

My G85 with the additional cable and it works perfectly.
A half-press (if set to AFF/AFS or AFC) will initiate focus.
You can even half-press while recording to re-focus.
A full press will start/stop recording.
2020-6-15
Use props
Tahir Agaoglu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110554 ft
Turkey

djiuser_LTSYv80co339 Posted at 5-28 12:54
Hi I have a g7 and the remote shutter works, but when I get to M mode, it only takes pictures - I want to start recording - any tips anyone?

Hey what cable are you using for this? Where you get it from? Could you maybe share a link?
2020-7-10
Use props
calltoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 982648 ft
Poland

I have Ronin SC with Panasonic Lumix G80. Last week have bought original DJI RSS cable for panasonic. After connected, nothing is happening. I know that this camera is officially unsupported but as You can see in the video below it should work just fine. There is mamy more movies that showing how this setp works. Can You help me int this case?
2020-10-4
Use props
calltoon
lvl.2
Poland

Hey DJI? Can You help?
2020-11-26
Use props
calltoon
lvl.2
Poland

H-GDJ Posted at 5-19 12:03
The RSS control cable did not work with my G80 (G85) which I purchased last January. I was already thinking about the cost of buying a GH5 in panic, when I saw a video on Youtube that it was just working fine for someone. I noticed the video was uploaded end of last year, then somehow it came to my mind what if there was a firmware update for the Panasonic G80/G81/G85 since my purchase, and bingo. It turned out you need to update the G80 body's firmware to version 1.4 in order to get the RSS remote shutter control work.  Now it works perfectly!

Can You tell me what is firmware version of Your Ronin SC? My G80 is not working
2020-11-26
Use props
calltoon
lvl.2
Poland

After a long time I was finally able to connect my g80 with ronin sc!
2021-9-25
Use props
ak4rmlon
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello, I have Panasonic G80 / G85 mirrorless camera, and I am looking to buy a DJI Ronin gimbal for my camera; I contacted Dji, and they said none of the Ronin is compatible with G80/ G85, but I have seen a couple of videos where people are using Ronin with G80 so I was wonder if someone can tell me which gimbal is going to work with G80 and what components do i need to make it work ? Thanks.
2021-10-26
Use props
djiuser_NFjH538deP7w
New

Italy

Do you have to buy a control cable for the camera (panasonic g 80)? With a Robin sc
2022-5-5
Use props
djiuser_ButMLWbR4J4y
New

Philippines

calltoon Posted at 2020-10-4 04:22
I have Ronin SC with Panasonic Lumix G80. Last week have bought original DJI RSS cable for panasonic. After connected, nothing is happening. I know that this camera is officially unsupported but as You can see in the video below it should work just fine. Ronin SC with G80 There is mamy more movies that showing how this setp works. Can You help me int this case?

How was it? Have you tried updating your firmware?
2022-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules