Phantom 4 Pro gimbal broken
1635 5 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
koopmans
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7497 ft
Netherlands

In short  : my Phantom 4 Pro horizon is tilting while yawing.
Whenever I turn the drone, the gimbal takes for 10 - 15 seconds to even out, (if it evens out) as seen here:  

Latest firmware, tried factory reset, trying different settings, IMU en gimbal calibration, also didn't work.

Background:
Drone has never crashed. I bought a phantom 4 pro camera in Holland, march 2017. After updating in june 2017 i've had some gimbal issues. First a whirring sound like this:
After an update that subsided.

What are my options?

Kind regards

PS Mindy, i tried to pm you, but i got no response.

2019-10-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi koopmans, we're sorry to read the issue. Just to verify, does the gimbal issue appear in every flight? If yes, I sincerely suggest starting a case and send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/service/repair We'll offer you a proper solution according to the damage assessment, thanks!
2019-10-30
Use props
SilverFern
New
Flight distance : 40259 ft
New Zealand

Hi There, I got issue with my Phanthom 4 PRO+ i bought it approximately one and half year ago and it hasn't been much in use but recently i start using it again and i have update it my controller and aircraft to most recent version V01.05.0600 and my gimbal issue started, i have flew it before update with previous version and it was fine but now it started making whining noise and vibration in some position exactly when drone tilt right toward me. i have read on internet that it is quite common issue but haven't been able to find solution for that. Is anyone able to help me please? Thank you please see video on youtube i posted regarding this issue
2019-10-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SilverFern Posted at 10-31 02:46
Hi There, I got issue with my Phanthom 4 PRO+ i bought it approximately one and half year ago and it hasn't been much in use but recently i start using it again and i have update it my controller and aircraft to most recent version V01.05.0600 and my gimbal issue started, i have flew it before update with previous version and it was fine but now it started making whining noise and vibration in some position exactly when drone tilt right toward me. i have read on internet that it is quite common issue but haven't been able to find solution for that. Is anyone able to help me please? Thank you please see video on youtube i posted regarding this issue

Hi there, I just received your message in PM, but do not find the issue video of Youtube, could you check and resend? Thanks so much!
2019-11-1
Use props
koopmans
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7497 ft
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 10-30 23:02
Hi koopmans, we're sorry to read the issue. Just to verify, does the gimbal issue appear in every flight? If yes, I sincerely suggest starting a case and send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/service/repair We'll offer you a proper solution according to the damage assessment, thanks!

Thanks for the information. It does happen every flight.  I'll send it in.
2019-11-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

koopmans Posted at 11-1 01:47
Thanks for the information. It does happen every flight.  I'll send it in.

You're welcome. If you encounter any troubles during the process, feel free to contact us. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2019-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules