Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

MrTitan Posted at 11-2 10:06
I do get what you're saying, but the Spark was fairly new consumer tech in a never-seen-before small package.  2.5 years is a long time in tech and the Mavic Mini doesn't offer anything ground breaking 30 months later.  it's actually designed to be a compromise: fairly basic features to allow for a lower price point.

As I mentioned, I feel it's ever-so-slightly overpriced in the UK given the current state of the drone market (poor public opinion unfortuately), but I still think it will sell well enough at its launch price.  However, the Mavic Mini is by no means a bargain.  It's cheaper than the Spark because it should be.

this is exactly why i think its overpriced as well, its bringing nothing new to the market feature wise and 2 going on 3 years later after the spark.

i think dji could have chased $249 for 249 grams pricing which is almost perfect marketing as well... and any losses that $249 pricing would incur would easily get made up for in huge sales volume, as it would be able to get into hands of more consumers across wider demographics and could be purchased as gifts on more occasions where $250 gift may not be unacceptable of if you break one its not a big deal to get a second.   but at $399 the volume of sales will be significant less because its crossed that threshold.  

so sadly TL;DR is:  i can see what DJi is doing here using mavic mini as a stair step up the ladder bring moe people into flying their products, but at $399 its still above the market they wishing to offer a ladder to.. dji is i think selling this sadly to more of people who were already committed to buying or wanting a premium drone, not to people looking for a ladder to climb into the premium market.  

2019-11-2
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-31 06:17
It seems like a good deal to me.
Especially for a beginner.
Much better than Spark in many ways.

Agree. All the drone most ever need.
2019-11-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

*DM* Posted at 11-3 02:06
Agree. All the drone most ever need.

Yeah, very nice to see how they pulled that off!
2019-11-3
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 10-31 06:17
It seems like a good deal to me.
Especially for a beginner.
Much better than Spark in many ways.

From what I have seen and read Monty, I have to agree with you.  
2019-11-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HH1 Posted at 11-3 10:11
From what I have seen and read Monty, I have to agree with you.

I will be on the lookout tomorrow
2019-11-3
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2019-11-4
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's odd?  Not sure why my post (above) has been blocked (administrator or moderators shield).  The move probably leads people to assume it's a post full of taboo and/or bad behaviour, but I'm afraid it was rather unexciting and simply politely discussing the Mavic Mini launch price point.
I had a look around the web and thought it may be blocked because I used monetry symbols that the filter didn't like, but I edited it and the shield remains.  I've never experienced this before and I'm not sure if anything can be done to 'unblock' it.  Any ideas please?
2019-11-4
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-3 13:01
I will be on the lookout tomorrow

For me coming for lunch - or - for a Mavic Mini
2019-11-4
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

Okay, anyone have an address of where to go and enter into the free Mavic Mini give-away?
2019-11-4
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it's an ok price point. Of course from a consumer point of view, less money with more features is always a plus, lol.
2019-11-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HH1 Posted at 11-4 11:29
For me coming for lunch - or - for a Mavic Mini

Yeah. Just like that
2019-11-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HH1 Posted at 11-4 11:32
Okay, anyone have an address of where to go and enter into the free Mavic Mini give-away?

It is on Facebook. But just the EU site.
So I doubt people from outside the EU will be able to win.
2019-11-4
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-4 11:43
It is on Facebook. But just the EU site.

Oh, well that is nice for y'all  I'll nose around.
2019-11-4
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

Oh, well that is nice for y
2019-11-4
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

Something went wrong with that answer to you.  I said:  Well that is nice for you folks
2019-11-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HH1 Posted at 11-4 12:06
Oh, well that is nice for y'all  I'll nose around.

I will share my joy when I win .....
2019-11-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HH1 Posted at 11-4 12:08
Something went wrong with that answer to you.  I said:  Well that is nice for you folks

I thought so
2019-11-4
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

i am closing the poll soon.  i feel we got a good spread of responses and a healthy split and divide amongst our community.  hopefully DJi takes this feedback and analyze it and make future decisions based on our feedback about pricing.  : D
the thread will remain open however since im not sure i can close it prob best to leave it open for fututre feedback as it is anyway : D
2019-11-4
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

how do people feel about the price?

It doesn't really mater what anyone thinks of the price, way too much overthinking going on here. But since you asked there are two different ways to look at the price depending on rational man or irrational man. The former is the primary assumption underlying economic theory, and suggests that the results of price manipulation are predictable. The latter role for price acknowledges that man’s response to price is sometimes unpredictable and pretesting price manipulation is a necessary task. Don't forget that the perception of price differs based on the perspective from which it is being viewed.
2019-11-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PhantomPhil Posted at 11-5 17:50

It doesn't really mater what anyone thinks of the price, way too much overthinking going on here. But since you asked there are two different ways to look at the price depending on rational man or irrational man. The former is the primary assumption underlying economic theory, and suggests that the results of price manipulation are predictable. The latter role for price acknowledges that man’s response to price is sometimes unpredictable and pretesting price manipulation is a necessary task. Don't forget that the perception of price differs based on the perspective from which it is being viewed.

i think it does matter..  while plenty of people find the pricing great on here, most of these people are also flying $1000+ drones, some have multiple $1000+ drones, some have multiple $1500+ drones + $750 DJI Smart controller.. so ey to think $500 drone kit is a good deal when your sight lines can be $1000 more than that.   

entry market is completely different animal.. i be curious how many people buying into the mavic minis are truly target audience.. AKA: entry market, first time flyers.   and not multi DJI drone owners or people moving from one prosumer premium brand to another.
2019-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

It doesn't really mater what anyone thinks of the price, way too much overthinking going on here. But since you asked there are two different ways to look at the price depending on rational man or irrational man. The former is the primary assumption underlying economic theory, and suggests that the results of price manipulation are predictable. The latter role for price acknowledges that man’s response to price is sometimes unpredictable and pretesting price manipulation is a necessary task. Don't forget that the perception of price differs based on the perspective from which it is being viewed.

I fully agree with you, it’s a well known fact that less than 2% of people believe they over paid for their purchase and 98% of people who purchase believe their purchase was worth it, these figures represent initial buying reaction, not over the lifetime of purchase .
2019-11-6
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It doesn't really mater what anyone thinks of the price, way too much overthinking going on here. But since you asked there are two different ways to look at the price depending on rational man or irrational man. The former is the primary assumption underlying economic theory, and suggests that the results of price manipulation are predictable. The latter role for price acknowledges that man’s response to price is sometimes unpredictable and pretesting price manipulation is a necessary task. Don't forget that the perception of price differs based on the perspective from which it is being viewed.

I certainly don't claim to be an economic expert, but it does seem a little presumptuous to suggest the general public and target audience's opinion on the launch price of a product doesn't really matter.  Whilst buyers voting with their wallets will almost always have a greater impact on a company's decision to amend a price, voiced opinion is also an immensely valuable asset which, when used alongside relevant financial and economic data (production and marketing cost, currency exchange rates and applicable taxes etc.), can potentially affect future pricing decisions.  Giving people the chance to discuss it may seem irrelevant, but if enough people voice a concern…

(For clarification I don’t believe that any such ‘concern’ will effect the current price point in the near future, lol).
2019-11-6
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-6 10:19
I fully agree with you, it’s a well known fact that less than 2% of people believe they over paid for their purchase and 98% of people who purchase believe their purchase was worth it, these figures represent initial buying reaction, not over the lifetime of purchase .

0 of the 10 people I surveyed knew this!  Are you sure it's a 'well known fact'?  

Seriously though, that's interesting and I haven't heard that before.  I'd be interested to know where this is recorded.  
2019-11-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MrTitan Posted at 11-6 12:23
0 of the 10 people I surveyed knew this!  Are you sure it's a 'well known fact'?  

Seriously though, that's interesting and I haven't heard that before.  I'd be interested to know where this is recorded.

ya i dont think if i paid $1800 price that mavic 2 pro goes for now in the US that i would be in that 98% camp.  thank god i only paid $1200 for mine.
2019-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

MrTitan Posted at 11-6 12:23

This is based on buying actual handing over the money, not pre buying or thinking about buying, if you think about it how many times have you bought something and while paying for it you thought it wasn’t worth the price. I mean why would you hand over €500 for something knowing it was not worth it, pre buying or buyers remorse are not what I’m talking about .
2019-11-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MrTitan Posted at 11-2 10:06
I do get what you're saying, but the Spark was fairly new consumer tech in a never-seen-before small package.  2.5 years is a long time in tech and the Mavic Mini doesn't offer anything ground breaking 30 months later.  it's actually designed to be a compromise: fairly basic features to allow for a lower price point.

As I mentioned, I feel it's ever-so-slightly overpriced in the UK given the current state of the drone market (poor public opinion unfortuately), but I still think it will sell well enough at its launch price.  However, the Mavic Mini is by no means a bargain.  It's cheaper than the Spark because it should be.

Best not to buy one then
2019-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules