Battery Total Capacity Missing in GO 4 App on iOS
2137 10 2019-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jag71
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8455 ft

Australia

I want to keep track of my different batteries Total Capacity over time. Many people on the internet show screen shots of the app showing the Current Capacity and Total Capacity under the individual cell voltages. An example is below. I don't have that. What happened to it ??

THank you.

2019-10-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Try clicking on the image you uploaded, then zoom in and see if you can read anything. No? Now you know the problem we are having in tying to understand your p[roblem.
2019-10-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if you're using the built-in screen remote controller or mobile device? Would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you see on your end? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-10-31
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 10-31 12:39
Try clicking on the image you uploaded, then zoom in and see if you can read anything. No? Now you know the problem we are having in tying to understand your p[roblem.

Original image, he just used the thumbnail

2019-10-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Please bring back Battery Life, in iOS app.

RedHotPoker
2019-10-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Perhaps post an example of what you actually see as well.
2019-10-31
Use props
Jag71
lvl.2

Australia

Ok, sorry for the confusion. Here is a screenshot from my Android tablet running DJI GO4 4.3.25 connected to a Phantom V2.0 Pro

As you can see, under the individual cell voltages and bar graph, there is no display of the battery "Remaining Power" which is what it is currently charged to, or its "Total Capacity" which is its current maximum charge capacity.

I get exactly the same view, with both of theses readouts missing on iOS DJI GO4 4.3.20 but had trouble getting the screenshot of the iPad to show you.

Everything on the internet seems to show these values were available so what happened ?? Why has such a crucial piece of information gone missing ? How are users supposed to know when their batteries are ailing ? This could mean the difference between completing a job successfully or not.

I also tried it on Phantom 4 Advance (the one with the built in screen) and it also dies NOT show these values.

Thanks for your help,
Jeremy

2019-11-1
Use props
Jag71
lvl.2

Australia

Hi DJI Tony,

Is there any further progress on this ?

What was a very valuable piece of information for monitoring battery health has now disappeared.

Please talk to your app developers and have them put it back in. It used to be there so they must already have the code to do so !!

Thank you,
Jag
2020-1-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I'd like to make a comment or two.

The screen shot you showed is of a 3 cell battery - so that's not a P4, right?  It may be a spark of something - I don't know.  

The mAh reading is directly relative to the power percentage reading.  So if you have a new P4 battery that's rated at 5870 mAh, it should have a max capacity of at least 5870 mAh.  If you charge the battery to 100%, the current capacity would read the same as the max Capacity - 5870 mAh.

If you fly the battery down to 50%, the current capacity would be half of 5870.  That would be 2935 mAh.  

So if you're in the middle of the flight, how are you better served knowing that your current capacity is 2935 mAh?  Isn't it more useful to know you have 50% power?  I don't know how the number "2935" is going to help you while you're busy piloting your aircraft.  

I, like you, am an mAh fan, and I like to study the logs after the flight.  I like to know if a particular battery, an older battery, is handicapped with a lower max capacity due to its age or some other problem.  I even like to overlay the data into my videos so I an see what happens during acceleration, ascent, strong head wind, etc.  And I can do it from the comfort of my desktop.  So I think maybe that might be a better way to study and track the mAh readings of your batteries.   

Here's an example:

Good luck
2020-1-7
Use props
Jag71
lvl.2

Australia

Hi Mark,

You are correct. The image I supplied showing the Remaining Power and Total Capacity is from a 3 cell drone. It is one I found from the internet because the current app does not show it any more so I can't make a picture !! I realise it would have been less confusing to show one actually from a Phantom, but I could not find one.

Agreed, a new battery will (or should) show 5870mah Total Capacity no matter its current charge level. I don't want to use it during flight. Every now and then I want to record the Total Capacity against the number of cycles so I can monitor battery deterioration.

It also means I can be selective about which batteries I use when. eg/ the best battery for flights that I know are going to be long, and lower capacity batteries for shorter flights to finish a short job, training etc.

It is just so frustrating that a good feature was removed for no obvious reason.

Cheers

2020-1-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Okay - well anyway, you can get it from the log - it's just not quite as convenient.  Just go to phantomhelp.com, upload your log, then download the .csv and look at it with Excel, Dashware, or a text editor.  And btw, phantomhelp sells software that looks after your batteries automatically which you can view offline.  Hope this helps.
2020-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules