US Interior Department grounding its fleet of drones.
538 8 2019-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

The US Interior Department, which oversees federal land and resource management, says it’s grounding its entire aerial drone fleet of more than 800 UAVs out of concern for Chinese spying and drone-aided cyberattacks.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/30/20940921/us-interior-department-drone-grounding-china-spying-cybersecurity-risk

I wonder if they have any data to backup their concerns, or just a political move.
2019-10-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

And China responds that it hoped Washington would "stop abusing the concept of national security" and provide a non-discriminatory atmosphere for Chinese companies.

https://www.saltwire.com/news/world/china-says-hopes-us-will-stop-abusing-concept-of-national-security-after-us-grounds-drones-370243/
2019-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Same story, different day.
As long as these two countries have trust issues (they will have them forever I guess) we will hear these stories popping up very often I guess.
2019-10-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 10-31 03:05
Same story, different day.
As long as these two countries have trust issues (they will have them forever I guess) we will hear these stories popping up very often I guess.

If only they could sort out their trade dispute caused by Trump and these things probably wouldn't happen.
2019-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-31 03:16
If only they could sort out their trade dispute caused by Trump and these things probably wouldn't happen.

These two cultures will never work together well.
There is a fundamental difference in how both feel a country should be run.
That fact alone makes it super hard to trade with each other (because you are influenced by each other inevitably)
So I'm not sure if it is on Trump.
The only difference is that he is rather clear about it....
2019-10-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 10-31 03:24
These two cultures will never work together well.
There is a fundamental difference in how both feel a country should be run.
That fact alone makes it super hard to trade with each other (because you are influenced by each other inevitably)

You're probably right on that one.
2019-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-31 03:41
You're probably right on that one.

As long as China is convinced their way of controlling the people is the right way and the USA believes otherwise, there will be issues like this.
But I have to say the Trum approach is not my way
2019-10-31
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Meanwhile, the federal government is still using mobile devices/technology manufactured in the nation of interest.  Drones are being used as the new boogie man/scapegoat.  We have WAY more to fear of data compromise with our mobile phones, user accounts and other devices.  Most of the population use these things, NOT drones.
2019-10-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

Neo Supreme Posted at 10-31 03:51
Meanwhile, the federal government is still using mobile devices/technology manufactured in the nation of interest.  Drones are being used as the new boogie man/scapegoat.  We have WAY more to fear of data compromise with our mobile phones, user accounts and other devices.  Most of the population use these things, NOT drones.

You don't expect joined up thinking from this government do you?
2019-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules