Mimo crashes after firmware update and no record button
1026 6 2019-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cruiseman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

When I opened the Mimo app on my Galaxy S10e this morning it said there  was a firmware update, so I downloaded and installed the update. Since  the update, the record button does not work when in video mode. Seems to  work in photo mode. Also, Mimo app loses connection with Mobile 3 after  a couple of minutes, interrupting recordings.
2019-10-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi all, DJI has identified a recent issue affecting some customers using the Mimo App for Osmo Mobile 3 on several Android systems.
DJI is currently finalizing an update to the Mimo app which will resolve this issue. Periodically, devices and software require automatic updates. A recent automatic update to a security feature has affected the operation of the Mimo app for some customers using Android. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and in the meantime, please use the native camera app or another 3rd party app.
Thank you for your continued support.
2019-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause. I would like to ask if you're using the button on the application or on the Osmo Mobile 3 itself? If the problem is within the app, please try to uninstall and re-install the app to see if there will be changes. Please save important files before deleting the application. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-10-31
Use props
fansec5a7ffd
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 10-31 12:00
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause. I would like to ask if you're using the button on the application or on the Osmo Mobile 3 itself? If the problem is within the app, please try to uninstall and re-install the app to see if there will be changes. Please save important files before deleting the application. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

Hi Tony, please provide us updated about the root cause of this issue. Keep letting user reinstall the app will not resolve it.
2019-10-31
Use props
fansec5a7ffd
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause. I would like to ask if you're using the button on the application or on the Osmo Mobile 3 itself? If the problem is within the app, please try to uninstall and re-install the app to see if there will be changes. Please save important files before deleting the application. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

I am an experienced software engineer and I am willing to help you guys find the root cause. Could you let me connect to someone in the engineering team?

This is is a serious issue and damage to DJI brand is irreversible. Checkout the negative comments in Google Play store.
2019-10-31
Use props
Cruiseman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

The problem is using the button on the Osmo Mobile 3, not in the app.
2019-11-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Cruiseman Posted at 11-3 08:17
The problem is using the button on the Osmo Mobile 3, not in the app.

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. Would you mind providing us the version of the app and the firmware of the Osmo Mobile 3? It's highly recommended sending us a video showing the problem for further check. In addition to this, the video can be uploaded using google drive or Dropbox then provide the link here. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules