Downloading and installing software
4286 8 2014-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nallgoat
New

United States

I am a newbie, with a new Phantom 2 Vision+ that I am trying to get my head around.  Not easy.  :-)

I need a little advice on installing and using the DJI software.  I am running Windows 8.1 on a desktop.   Looking at the DJI website I see three downloadable applications:  (a)  DJI_WIN_Driver_Installer, (b) Phantom_2_Installer_v3.2, and (c) RC_System_Installer_v1.1.

But no information in the User Manual on which of these to install, what order, or usage.  Any help would be much appreciated.

John

2014-9-20
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't speak to the windows since of things, I am on a Mac. But I can't imagine it would be terribly different. I am using the "Phantom Assistant" to update and make changes to the quad itself, and the "Phantom RC Assistant" to do the same for the transmitter. To my knowledge this is all that is needed. Other than the Vision App on your FPV device. I did not have to install any drivers to any other software.

Everything is here: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

It looks like you may need to install a windows driver first, possibly. Also located at that link.
2014-9-20
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah, Win driver first then the other two in any order.
PT2 is for the phantom and RC is for the transmitter.
The manual does give you step by step instructions on setting these up.
2014-9-20
Use props
robmaison
lvl.1

United States

So what does this DJI WIN Driver Installer do?

I run it.  It says it installs, but doesnt show any icons or GUI to accomplish anything with it.
2014-9-20
Use props
nallgoat
New

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-9-20 21:20
Yeah, Win driver first then the other two in any order.
PT2 is for the phantom and RC is for the tra ...

Yes, I see now that there is a reference to it in the manual.   Guess I just missed it.  Thanks.
2014-9-20
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

The win driver allows the pc to communicate with the controller.  The app is what allows you to configure the Controller.
2014-9-20
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

robmaison@gmail Posted at 2014-9-20 23:51

I run it.  It says it installs, but doesnt show any  ...

the driver will install and is placed in the background. when you launch the assistant program, and connect your aircraft, the computer will ask the driver to make the connection between the app and the aircraft.

once it says its installed then thats all you can do. it will do its thing in the background,
2014-9-20
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

robmaison@gmail Posted at 2014-9-20 23:51

I run it.  It says it installs, but doesnt show any  ...

Your computer has many drivers, and I'll bet there's not an icon for any of them.
Drivers always work in the background to enable other functions...
2014-9-26
Use props
pedrofrio1684
New

Spain

[img]http://forum.dji.com/static/image/smiley/default/sad.gifhttp://forum.dji.com/static/imag ... t/funk.gift/sad.gif[/img]
2014-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules