Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini with Crystalsky
12Next >
13447 51 2019-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bety
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097644 ft
Vietnam

Hello.
Using the Crystalsky 5.5 screen with Mavic Mini?

2019-11-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

People got the Crystal sky working with Mavic Air and it was officially supported so theres a good chance the same would be true here.
2019-11-1
Use props
Comrepco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79341 ft
United Kingdom

Apparently not .....

https://forum.dji.com/thread-201051-1-1.html
2019-11-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, there. Unfortunately, it doesn't support Crystal Sky as the Mavic Mini is an entry-level product that is used with our brand-new app, DJI Fly. We will continue to optimize this product according to customer feedback. If you have relevant compatibility requirements, please feel free to tell us. Your suggestions are very important to us.
2019-11-1
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-1 09:36
Hi, there. Unfortunately, it doesn't support Crystal Sky as the Mavic Mini is an entry-level product that is used with our brand-new app, DJI Fly. We will continue to optimize this product according to customer feedback. If you have relevant compatibility requirements, please feel free to tell us. Your suggestions are very important to us.

Man, all the things that Mavic Mini can't do nor supported is a bucket of cold water on my enthusiasm on my order of this drone.
2019-11-1
Use props
hegauer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80069 ft
Germany

Maxi3D Posted at 11-1 11:39
Man, all the things that Mavic Mini can't do nor supported is a bucket of cold water on my enthusiasm on my order of this drone.

my eyes are very weak and i need the crytalsky monitor (2000nit) because his very bright display. I use it with my Inspire.
If the Fly-App is incompatible with the crystalsky, the "mini" is incompatible to me. :-(  
2019-11-4
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Was about to order,  but no interest  if (£450) crystal sky not supported.   It's android based I believe, so amazed it's no - go.   Can't take much effort if signal/app  is fine with phones.

Aimed at beginners?

Many interested customers have other dji drones, for different occasions.

2019-11-6
Use props
WestTexasKen
lvl.1
United States

"Unfortunately, it doesn't support Crystal Sky as the Mavic Mini is an entry-level product that is used with our brand-new app, DJI Fly."

Sorry guys, this is the completely wrong attitude. CrystalSky has a purpose beyond any particular drone: that of being able to safely fly and actually see what you are doing in bright, direct sunlight. ALL of your drones, regardless of level of entry, need to be compatible with this product.

I own several versions of DJI drones, each used for different purposes. They ALL need to be compatible with CrystalSky, period. That shouldn't even be a point of contention or discussion. It just needs to be.

I am in line to get this drone because it serves a purpose I need. The fact that it currently won't work with my CrystalSky is extremely irritating and unnecessary.

Please make compatibility happen. It shouldn't be difficult for you at all.
2019-11-10
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
United Kingdom

WestTexasKen Posted at 11-10 07:28
"Unfortunately, it doesn't support Crystal Sky as the Mavic Mini is an entry-level product that is used with our brand-new app, DJI Fly."

Sorry guys, this is the completely wrong attitude. CrystalSky has a purpose beyond any particular drone: that of being able to safely fly and actually see what you are doing in bright, direct sunlight. ALL of your drones, regardless of level of entry, need to be compatible with this product.

I would also very much like Crystalsky useage, but the android 6 or above is specified for Fly app, and Csky is still only version 2.

So looks problematic

How spark works is beyond me.
2019-11-11
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Yes thats right, Mavic Mini doesn't support CrystalSky, and neither do DJI.... HAHA
2019-11-11
Use props
archmac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24183 ft
United States

Disappointed the CrystalSky doesn't support the Mavic Mini . My "old eyes" appreciate the brighter screen.  Please DJI fix this. The Crystalsky should be ubiquitous across the entire line. The entry-level BS doesn't work for me. As a 107 pilot the Mavic mini is just another tool in my bag.
2019-11-12
Use props
Skalman64
lvl.1

Sweden

archmac@computertechs.com Posted at 11-12 14:47
Disappointed the CrystalSky doesn't support the Mavic Mini . My "old eyes" appreciate the brighter screen.  Please DJI fix this. The Crystalsky should be ubiquitous across the entire line. The entry-level BS doesn't work for me. As a 107 pilot the Mavic mini is just another tool in my bag.

Do as I write to DJI and ask them to fix it. If there are enough wishes about the problem maybe they will fix it!!!
2019-11-13
Use props
fans8ca705aa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86640 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought ther 5.5 and 7.85 Crystal to fly with all my DJI drone at a great cost, therefore it should work with all DJI drones now and in the future. Entry level is a cop out.  Lets get the app out.
2019-11-16
Use props
fans8ca705aa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86640 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please hurry up and get this working for the Crystal Sky.  a lot of money invested in the monitor
2019-11-16
Use props
fans70383b1a
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

It's crazy that we spend this much for the Crystalsky to find these issues.
2019-11-20
Use props
SidneyW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I too was expecting Crystalsky will support Mavic Mini.  Spark is very much entry level product and supported.
2019-11-20
Use props
UgoFly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6843596 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I can understand that the mavic Mini is an entry level drone and that you needed an entry level app without many options but exclude the CristalSky is a big mistake given how much we paid for it. Instead of making a new app make a new DJI GO 4 so that then the user decides which one to choose.
2019-11-28
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Agree 100 percent here. I don´t own Cristalsky, but I really dig it and since I dont want to buy a new phone any time soon, the DJI Controller seems a clear winner to me.
2019-11-28
Use props
fans628ec39d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292336 ft
United States

I was very disappointed to find out crystalsky doesn't support the app for mavic mini.  I've already bought the MM so I have to use my phone with it which I don't like.  It's the reason I bought the crystalsky.  I assumed they would be compatable.  I see no reason in the world that they wouldnt be.  Hell,  the spark is.  Its only a matter of firmware.  I wish I would have read this forum first.  I would have never bought the mavic mini.  
2019-11-29
Use props
Skalman64
lvl.1

Sweden

I really hope DJI support receives enough complaints to update the app
2019-12-1
Use props
djiuser_e9nOGGVb8cZF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 833 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would be very surprised if they make Mini work on CS and they should. The fact it currently doesnt is why I'm not buying one. Look what DJi did to P4Pv2 and P4P. I bought mine in late 2018 when they were plentiful. In less then a year that product has been pushed to the way side and you cant even buy parts with scrounging the internet for used parts. The Plus controller for that is so limited and you cant add 3rd party apps to it as they have it so locked down. I know DJi have the Smart Controller in beta at present so it can be used on the P4Pv2 as it is occusync 2 although its not advertised as occusync 2. If DJI were as smart as everyone thinks they are and added wifi capability to the Smart Controller, that would have opened up that controller to ALL their drones and wifi chips don't take up that much room. Just look at your current controllers size!!. Im willing to bet when the new high end drones (mavic 3 etc) are released, they are probably going to add a new Smart Controller that does support both wifi and occusync which in turn will upset a lot of folks off who shelled out 100s of dollars for the current one.
2019-12-6
Use props
telecam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1540384 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well said.  Same thoughts here.
2019-12-11
Use props
telecam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1540384 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received an official reply from DJI.  Sadly, it sounds as if the MM will never work on Crystalsky monitors, at least on the current generation with 32bit achitecture.  Case closed

"Hi Customer,

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for the inconvenience. The DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment as belows:
1.        Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2.        Available ROM is 2GB and above.
3.        Supporting ArmV8 64-bit architectures.(64-bit processor)

Because our  Crystalsky adopted 32-bit sensor, so it' s not compatible with DJI FLY APP any more, we suggest to use mobile device if you have. Currently, there is no plan to support 32 Bit Android device.  Thank you for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,"
2019-12-17
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

If everyone returned their Mini in protest to DJI than it would sent a message and maybe DJI would support their "Processional" accessory CrystalSKY.

Either send DJI broke or force them to honor their customer care.

DJI = Drone Jerks Incompetence
2019-12-17
Use props
4cmclean
lvl.1
Flight distance : 833 ft
  • >>>
United States

telecam Posted at 12-17 15:04
I received an official reply from DJI.  Sadly, it sounds as if the MM will never work on Crystalsky monitors, at least on the current generation with 32bit achitecture.  Case closed

"Hi Customer,

that's very interesting..DJI have 2 different apps for Go4. One for phones and one for their crystalsky and smart controller. They support 2 versions here of go4, but cant support a 32 bit version of Gofly..Why not just incorporate MM into Go4 then, with the same features as GoFly.  I realize from what they say the hardware cant support higher then Android 5 as ver 6 is 64bit, so that's not an option, but it seems from this statement that going forward, the Crystalsky will become redundant sooner then later and they have already reaped the bucks in from it, so why should they care about it now. If DJi don't want to do anything about supporting MM on Crystal sky, then give the SDK to litchi and I bet Litchi will get it working under Litchi on Crystalsky with a revised version of litchi of course. DJI if you not going to do anything, then give the SDk to someone who can and is willing too like litchi.
2019-12-20
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sold mine, consider it history.
Bought (cheap) xiaomi mi 9 , all well.
All powers up automatically and feels 'clean'. Maybe the go 4 is so bodged after all this time, and  fly app seems slicker.
Set to airplane mode and lock screen brightness to max, and it's all a delight and much less to carry.
Nice long flight time, better gimbal, better download of photos all round, folds up and very agile. My spark though great for couple of years feels clumsy now so sold it and crystal sky , bought mini and phone and came out on top £££
What's not to like?
2019-12-21
Use props
djiuser_OTINgqTCtFp5
New

United States

DJI, you messed up when you made Mini M not compatible with Crystalsky!  Crystalsky should be your ace-in-the-hole when DJI introduces new Drone models, or head-to-head comparison wirh other Drone competitors.  I was less than 5 min away from buying the Mini Mavic, believing that Crystalsky would obviously be compatible (Hell they are both DJI).  But NO way after reading that not compatible.  At this point, this very moment, I am so frustrated with DJI over this issue, I am going to never buy another DJI product.  And throw my DJI Drones and equipment in the trash. This issue has pushed me to the point where I will start over with a diffrent company than DJI.  This same type of not being compatible is likely to be a problem with any and all new DJI Drones, accessories, options and so-on.
From now on I will invest my Time and money on a diffrent Drone Manufactor.
I am an Electrical Engineer, and have lost faith in you DJI!
2020-1-2
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

CrystalSky is at the end of its life, has been replaced by Dji smart controller ... CrystalSky contains ancient HW ..
2020-1-2
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Arcicorsa Posted at 1-2 08:15
CrystalSky is at the end of its life, has been replaced by Dji smart controller ... CrystalSky contains ancient HW ..

I agree csky is now a ‘legacy product’. - RIP.
But  things move on fast -  2 yrs is along time in this  tech, look at the spark!
Mavic mini .....
Down side - have to buy new drone ...
Up side - better and cheap as chips.
2020-1-2
Use props
fans3b0e7132
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2241250 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-11-1 09:36

U want my suggestion.  UPDATE so i can fly my 30min entry level drone with my 500$ DRONE SCREEN.   What kind of MID ENTRY REPLY IS THAT ?
2020-1-14
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2019-11-28 06:21
Agree 100 percent here. I don´t own Cristalsky, but I really dig it and since I dont want to buy a new phone any time soon, the DJI Controller seems a clear winner to me.

If you saw all the past and present issues with the Crystalsky you wouldn't want to buy it.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... r=typeid&typeid=669

I'd be looking at a Ipad Mini 5 for a future proofed product, it can run both DJI Fly and DJI Go 4
2020-1-14
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

lannes Posted at 1-14 21:32
If you saw all the past and present issues with the Crystalsky you wouldn't want to buy it.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... r=typeid&typeid=669

Thanks for the info I didn't know that.
I managed to get an iphone 6 that is working great, but I will consider the ipad  mini 5.
2020-1-15
Use props
djiuser_qCYPqAatGerb
New

United States

I would love to see them come out with the Compatability with it
2020-1-21
Use props
conluime.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 514908 ft
Germany

WestTexasKen Posted at 2019-11-10 07:28

I fullheartedly agree with that great statement!
2020-3-1
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the Crystal Sky run on a 32 bit processor?  If it does forget about using DJI Fly on it.  What can we expect with the future DJI drones?  What will be the hardware requirements of the app that they will be supported by?
2020-3-1
Use props
bjk-dji
lvl.1

Chile

Maxi3D Posted at 2019-11-1 11:39
Man, all the things that Mavic Mini can't do nor supported is a bucket of cold water on my enthusiasm on my order of this drone.

That is true..i have a crystalsky and i need to use my mavic mini with it...why not.  ??????,,,,Unfortunate..is not a answer ..men.!!!
. i am  a customer by 7 year ..please don't let me go yo AUTEL or SKYDIO.....but every day you put stones on My Road....no fair.   Bye
2020-3-3
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

bjk-dji Posted at 3-3 16:32
That is true..i have a crystalsky and i need to use my mavic mini with it...why not.  ??????,,,,Unfortunate..is not a answer ..men.!!!
. i am  a customer by 7 year ..please don't let me go yo AUTEL or SKYDIO.....but every day you put stones on My Road....no fair.   Bye

The CrystalSky is only 32bit, it will never be able to run DJI Fly.

The only possibility is if Litchi can use the Mavic Mini SDK to modify their app to work with it.
2020-3-3
Use props
fans38f862b6
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-11-1 09:36

Why don't you change the firmware so the HDMI can be changed from output to input and then the customers can use a WIFI air play dongel so it can screen share???????????????
2020-5-3
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

DJI, just make the goddam Fly app more readable? It's dead easy for chrissake!!
2020-5-3
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

I guess that means it’s a no go for Mavic Air 2? That is not an entry level drone
2020-5-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules