5123 8 2019-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wlAristo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2562 ft
Poland

Hello,

Just received my brand new Mavic Air with brand new Remote Controller after my second warranty case (2 months of waiting) and today on the test flights I notice problems with my Remote Controller. On flying up or down (left stick straight up or down) my YAW vary from 10 to 60% so when ascending or descending my drone is rotating.

After that flight I've tried to calibrate my RC for a three times. Every single time there is the same issue - left stick up then yaw is activated to the right.

It's impossible for me to eliminate that problem.

Does anyone know any solution for this? Please help.
2019-11-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry about what you're experiencing with your Mavic Air Remote. We recommend Refreshing/Updating the Remote's Firmware via the DJI Assistant 2, restart it then do a quick Remote Calibration via the DJI GO 4 App.
2019-11-1
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 11-1 08:13
Hi, we're sorry about what you're experiencing with your Mavic Air Remote. We recommend Refreshing/Updating the Remote's Firmware via the DJI Assistant 2, restart it then do a quick Remote Calibration via the DJI GO 4 App.

Okay, I will try it within next 10 minutes.
2019-11-1
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 11-1 08:13

Okay so i've installed DJI Assistant 2, connected my RC via cable after turning on the RC - selected device and then I did firmware refresh (latest version).

After that I unplug the remote controller from my computer, turned it off and connected it to my mobile device.

Then I turn on my RC, the DJI GO APP pops so i hit enter device and camera view from where i selected remote controller calibration.

While I calibrate my RC a strange things happens like yaw to the left oraz right 10-15% when both sticks were centered.

I've decided to record my screen so I can upload it to you:

Is it something I am doing wrong? Is there somekind of special rules I should follow while I calibrate my RC? Really I dont want to send it for a third time under warranty.....
2019-11-1
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

Today is even worse. When i push left stick down, it copy pressure to the right which means the drone will rotate by yaw to the right. Same for upward movement, it's copied to the left (rotating to the left). However, now it beeps after every power up which means it needs to be recalibrated - which I do - but when i reboot the controller the issue is the same. Its really unstable and potentially danger to the enviroment which disallow me from using my mavic air next time.

And yes - I did firmware update/refresh, tried different mobile phones, reinstalled DJI GO 4 APP. I've also checked the wire, tried using bottom USB port and STILL the problem exists on the remote controller side. Really bad because it's my third remote controller from august and every single time the problem is the same. I dont know if brand new remote I received after my warranty cases really were new. To be honest it looks like there were used for tons of hours, get's refreshed then packed and sent to me.

Horrible situation.
2019-11-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

wlAristo Posted at 11-2 11:18
Today is even worse. When i push left stick down, it copy pressure to the right which means the drone will rotate by yaw to the right. Same for upward movement, it's copied to the left (rotating to the left). However, now it beeps after every power up which means it needs to be recalibrated - which I do - but when i reboot the controller the issue is the same. Its really unstable and potentially danger to the enviroment which disallow me from using my mavic air next time.

And yes - I did firmware update/refresh, tried different mobile phones, reinstalled DJI GO 4 APP. I've also checked the wire, tried using bottom USB port and STILL the problem exists on the remote controller side. Really bad because it's my third remote controller from august and every single time the problem is the same. I dont know if brand new remote I received after my warranty cases really were new. To be honest it looks like there were used for tons of hours, get's refreshed then packed and sent to me.

Hi, we're sorry for the late response about this problem. If that would be the case, we highly recommend sending the remote controller to our facility for further evaluation. If you wish to contact our support, please refer to the link below. In addition to this, warranty would depend on the outcome of the investigation and the warranty period of  your unit. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/support
2019-11-6
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 11-6 14:02
Hi, we're sorry for the late response about this problem. If that would be the case, we highly recommend sending the remote controller to our facility for further evaluation. If you wish to contact our support, please refer to the link below. In addition to this, warranty would depend on the outcome of the investigation and the warranty period of  your unit. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/support

Thanks. I replaced my RC in the dealer shop and after todays test flight it seems okay.
2019-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

wlAristo Posted at 11-7 09:29
Thanks. I replaced my RC in the dealer shop and after todays test flight it seems okay.

Hi, thanks for the update. We're glad that you've managed to replace the remote controller by contacting the dealer. Please let us know if you have further concerns. Thank you for your support!
2019-11-14
Use props
djiuser_MFs8jriemC2Z
New
Flight distance : 3990 ft

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-11-14 13:13
Hi, thanks for the update. We're glad that you've managed to replace the remote controller by contacting the dealer. Please let us know if you have further concerns. Thank you for your support!

I'm having this exact same issue. Could I send it back to get refurbished?
2022-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules