12Next >
6890 40 2019-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jprates
lvl.1
Portugal

Hi all,

I ordered a Mavic Air Fly More Combo (Flame Red) by October 9th, together with some suplemental small accessories.
As you can imagine from your own past experience, these last 3 weeks have been gutting in waiting.

Then suddenly on October 25th I get an email from DJI with title "Order Shipment Notice"... hurray... or so I though...
Unfortunately the email was just a bad joke from DJI customer care, as inside the said email came this message:
"Unfortunately, due to limited production of an item you purchased, the shipment of your order (...) will be delayed."

Today Nov. 1st, I got another email from DJI, this time with this info:
"We regret to inform you that the Mavic Air Fly More Combo (Flame Red) in your order is an end-of-life product, which means that the production was discontinued. Would you mind canceling the order or part of the order and getting a refund?"

Sorry??? Is this for real??? Is this a joke?

Is anyone aware of the Mavic Air being retired already?

Any ideas/suggestions anyone?

TIA,
João Prates
2019-11-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

wow killing off spark and the mavic air  ?    
2019-11-1
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

First i heard of this.
2019-11-1
Use props
jprates
lvl.1
Portugal

What's even crazier, the product is still available at DJI's online store!

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air?vid=39081

So DJI is emailing customers stating the product is discontinued but it keeps selling it online... how crazy is this?
2019-11-1
Use props
jprates
lvl.1
Portugal

Just got this unbelievably surreal chat with DJI Online Support, the most useless support assistant I have ever met.
I'm having a very hard time deciding if I should indeed keep the order alive or not, I've totally lost trust on DJI.

Here's the transcript I had to copy myself:

DJI: Thank you for contacting DJI Pre-sales Customer Support. This is Juvie. How may I help you today?
DJI: Hello there.
DJI: How may I help you today?

JP: Hi
JP: Good afternoon
JP: can you please take a look at support case [number case removed]?

DJI: Is that for repair case?

JP: I'm not sure, I believe not, it's probably about shipping
JP: I got an email today from support with this case title as email subject
JP: the problem is quite clear: I ordered a Mavic Air Fly More Combo (Flame Red)
JP: this was 3 weeks ago

DJI: Alright, let me try to check here first. Did you purchase to our official online store?

JP: and today I got a surreal email from you stating the product is on its end-of-life and asking if I wouldn't mind canceling the order
JP: yes, bought online

DJI: Thank you.
DJI: As per checking it here your order status it is on "Wait Pick". It means we are now assigning the warehouse and the courier that will handle the delivery. Once your order is about to ship you will receive an email regarding to your tracking number.

JP: Order No.:[order number removed]

DJI: Did they said what product that is end of life/

JP: this is the text on the email:
JP: Dear Joao,
JP: Thank you for purchasing from the DJI Online Store.
JP: Hope this finds you well. I have tried calling your number but I wasn't able to reach you.
JP: We regret to inform you that the Mavic Air Fly More Combo (Flame Red) in your order is an end-of-life product, which means that the production was discontinued. Would you mind canceling the order or part of the order and getting a refund?
JP: For the inconvenience caused, €10 credit will be added to your DJI account, and you are welcome to use the DJI credit to purchase any product on DJI’s Online Store.
JP: Due to the system limit, the order will be canceled after three business days if we still have not heard from you.
JP: Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
JP: Thank you for choosing DJI!

DJI: I see, thank you for that.

JP: is this email some kind of joke?
JP: I sincerely doubt the Mavic Air is already at EOL
JP: do you understand what is going on?

DJI: Yes, as per checking here. It's not available on our online store. Would you like to cancel your order?

JP: what?
JP: you just said it was ready for picking
JP: and of course it is available online, it's here:
JP: https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air?vid=39081

DJI: Yes, it still out of stock.

JP: no, sorry, the drone alone is showing out of stock, but the combo is not out of stock

DJI: Let me check here further.

JP: and again, you said it yourself, "As per checking it here your order status it is on "Wait Pick". It means we are now assigning the warehouse and the courier that will handle the delivery. Once your order is about to ship you will receive an email regarding to your tracking number."
JP: you are contradicting your own statements

DJI: I understand, because that's what on a status on our system. Sorry for that. Let me check here again.
DJI: Thank you for waiting.
DJI: As per checking here, it's available to our store the Combo. But in the order system is already delayed that's why you receive an email that the Mavic Air Fly More Combo (Flame Red) is already discontinued.

JP: but what is the problem?
JP: is it the Mavic Air or the fact that I opted for the red color?
JP: what is being discontinued?
JP: I find it hard to believe the Air is at its EOL, it was released not so long ago
JP: and bottom line, it makes no sense to send emails to customers saying the product is discontinued while still selling it online, this is insane

DJI: I understand, because there's a new release of Mavic and we have to discontnued the old Mavic Air.
DJI: We do apologize for the inconvenience.

JP: the Mini replaces the Spark, not the Air
JP: and if it is EOL then how come it is still on sale at your online store?

DJI: Mavic Mini is just an additional to the Mavic series.

JP: so what's to take Air's place on your product line?

DJI: It is just that the specific color of the Mavic Air is no longer available.
DJI: But the Mavic Air itself is still available.

JP: wtf
JP: you said:
JP: "I understand, because there's a new release of Mavic and we have to discontnued the old Mavic Air."
JP: now you say it's only a color issue
JP: are you sure you know what you're saying?

DJI: Sorry for that, I mean the color only is discontinued and no longer available.

JP: can you replace the color on my order?
JP: swap it for a white one?
JP: so that the order can proceed?
JP: no, wait, you said it was ready to ship, waiting for pick up

DJI: Yes, but it is already delayed because is no longer available.

JP: this conversation is useless, you don't make any sense
JP: goodbye

DJI: We do apologize for the inconvenience.

JP: please make sure I get a transcript of this chat
2019-11-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with. We already forwarded this issue to the Designated Team for them to respond to your issue via email or phone as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. I appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-11-1
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

that's just nuts
2019-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Strange story indeed.
2019-11-1
Use props
ririlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

At 1 000$ and all the problems from the 'interference...' I would not be surprised that they discontinue the MA. With the Mini, you will also get interference message but they will say it is a consumer product at 350$. Stop complaining !!!
2019-11-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Very shock to know that, killing both of them
2019-11-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

Didn't they really say that the colour is discontinued?
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi João Prates, the team has explained the situation via email, please check and keep us updated via the email, the team will keep following up, thank you.
2019-11-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

How does the Mavic Air look better than the other DJI drones?  I went Spark directly to M2 for commercial use.
2019-11-4
Use props
_danilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275646 ft
Serbia

Well JP, can't help but notice that you've been a bit to harsh for the first level support, complaining about business decisions "the Mini replaces the Spark, not the Air" etc. He/She was probably maniacally clicking the buttons and following discussion chart in order to give you satisfying answer. Though I completely feel you frustration.

Please keep us posted on how this ended up.  
2019-11-5
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

can we get official statement DJI in regard of Air being EOL , please?
its completely nuts...
2019-11-5
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Sounds like a lack of proper QA.  Also I'm not sure, regarding the support response, if they don't have that particular color Mavic Air, or that they don't have any Mavic Air models at all?
2019-11-5
Use props
jprates
lvl.1
Portugal

Hi all, sorry for the late (2 days) update, but I've been away and busy as hell.

So, 2 days ago I got this email from DJI clarifying that indeed it was only the RED COLOR that was discontinued, and therefore they asked again if I could cancel my order.

I was about to tell them I would not accept to cancel the order (now almost a month old) and get back on queue for several weeks again, this time for a white package.
My suggestion would be for them to edit the order and just swap the red for the white unit and carry on with it.

Then I realized that just today my bank account was greeted by the DJI charge, i.e. the order total amount was taken, and this left me baffled.

Does this mean they somehow managed to get a red unit and the order is proceeding?
Does it mean they swapped it for a white unit even before I had a chance to suggest it?

I just checked (again) the order details online and it still shows the status as being "Processing Order" as it has been since weeks ago.
So once again I answered support's email with these doubts and I'm now waiting for the answer.

Ordering online from a hardware manufacturer should be such an easy task, I should know, I have my own business with online store.
This DJI experience somehow has gone wrong at an earlier stage and just keeps dwelling deeper... It's unfortunate.

P.S. - I also have 19,73 Eur credit on my DJI Store from an "Order rebate" and from "Compensation for late shipping" that were never applied (status "Pending" since ever).
2019-11-6
Use props
jprates
lvl.1
Portugal

_danilo Posted at 11-5 00:40
Well JP, can't help but notice that you've been a bit to harsh for the first level support, complaining about business decisions "the Mini replaces the Spark, not the Air" etc. He/She was probably maniacally clicking the buttons and following discussion chart in order to give you satisfying answer. Though I completely feel you frustration.

Please keep us posted on how this ended up.

Yeah, you're right, but his contradicting answers from start to finish got me in overdrive.
2019-11-6
Use props
jprates
lvl.1
Portugal

Neo Supreme Posted at 11-5 03:38
Sounds like a lack of proper QA.  Also I'm not sure, regarding the support response, if they don't have that particular color Mavic Air, or that they don't have any Mavic Air models at all?

They have finally made it clear, it's only the RED color that is EOL.

And they also finally marked the Mavic Air Fly More Combo (Flame Red) as OUT OF STOCK at their online store.
2019-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

jprates Posted at 11-6 06:59
They have finally made it clear, it's only the RED color that is EOL.

And they also finally marked the Mavic Air Fly More Combo (Flame Red) as OUT OF STOCK at their online store.

Seemed clear to me it was the red model, as per my previous post.
2019-11-6
Use props
jprates
lvl.1
Portugal

Answering myself, just found this on DJI FAQ:
"We will charge you when we ship out your order or 28 days after authorization, whichever comes first."

That's the reason they charged me today, it is the 28th day.
This just sucks. I was charged and nothing was sent.
2019-11-6
Use props
jprates
lvl.1
Portugal

Final status:

1) Had to cancel the order and now wait for a refund to take place;

2) No option for speeding up second order - something I feel was only fair given the time passed since I placed the order;

3) No coupon or other compensation offered for such a lousy customer sales experience, just apologize and that's it;

4) I have a large project ongoing that requires a drone to do 3D building mapping, now 1 month behind schedule thanks to DJI;

Honestly I never saw this kind of behaviour from any other device manufacturer anywhere in the world, and I'm terribly disappointed.

Next step: Search online for good DJI alternatives with good products and proper support. Any suggestions from you guys are welcome, by private message if you will.
2019-11-6
Use props
_danilo
lvl.4
Serbia

It's really ridicules how much they don't give a thing about customers. Even though they can be called No. 1 consumer drone producer in the world, they have BY FAR the worst complementary software such as e.g. this forum that COMPLETELY lacks moderation and feels like half finished student graduation project. Not to mention all the out of nowhere drone glitches that led to crashes without user error that happen after warranty period. They should really give more credit to customers, considering their products price, aside from forum admins that are here to write answers in a "don't worry, we noticed you" manner. At least we have them though
2019-11-6
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Let's go shopping!!!

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Mavic ... &ref=nb_sb_noss
2019-11-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

I've had several run ins with DJI support over the last few years, and honestly, they are THE WORST support I have ever encountered, short of Godox (they make camera lighting gear for those unfamiliar with the name); Godox is even worse...

This is just how Chinese companies operate, they have not yet grasped the concept of "support"...
2019-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

jprates Posted at 11-6 06:59
They have finally made it clear, it's only the RED color that is EOL.

And they also finally marked the Mavic Air Fly More Combo (Flame Red) as OUT OF STOCK at their online store.

I understand there was obviously a mix up with the red option, but I can’t see why you couldn’t opt for another colour unless you didn’t want another colour, but you go on to say this was needed initially for a commercial venture , was it not possible to get this matter of the colour sorted out first then move on to your complaint regarding being unhappy about your treatment.
You also say you then looked at white package, but this is 20 days delivery where black is 5 days delivery strange .

For a long time now red was not available in Europe, but it seems the website still let you go forward with purchase, obviously this was not your fault.

You should also check Amazon if this is possible unless you need red .
2019-11-6
Use props
jprates
lvl.1
Portugal

I talked to them via online support today before posting the "final conclusion" post above, and did let them know I did not care for the color at all, they could ship me any color they like, I just needed the drone ASAP.

The answer was that it was not possible for them to edit an existing order, so I would have to cancel this one and make a new one.

When asked if they could at least expedite the new order given the fact I was waiting for one month already, the answer was again they had no way to do so.

Then lastly I asked if they would at least consider some coupon or some kind of discount for all the trouble, and once again the answer was NO.

Basically they don't give a damn about us, period.
2019-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

jprates Posted at 11-6 15:34
I talked to them via online support today before posting the "final conclusion" post above, and did let them know I did not care for the color at all, they could ship me any color they like, I just needed the drone ASAP.

The answer was that it was not possible for them to edit an existing order, so I would have to cancel this one and make a new one.

Well looks like you done your best to sort it, but it seems it was more than someone’s jobs worth to help you out, I hope a moderator can step in and at least get you something for your troubles. Good luck .
2019-11-6
Use props
jprates
lvl.1
Portugal

EdisonW1979 Posted at 11-6 12:58
I've had several run ins with DJI support over the last few years, and honestly, they are THE WORST support I have ever encountered, short of Godox (they make camera lighting gear for those unfamiliar with the name); Godox is even worse...

This is just how Chinese companies operate, they have not yet grasped the concept of "support"...

Yeah, I'm having some trouble with other Chinese manufacturers as well on other type of devices, it seems all they think about is make a sale, the way they do it and how they handle warranty claims for instance is not of concern to them.

This leads me to another question to you folks out here: Why do you keep up with DJI?
Are their drones so much better than others that you feel like taking a chance and hope not to need support ever?
Do the drones (hardware and software) really stand high above the rest of the manufacturers quality wise?

I confess I'm having trouble finding an alternative consumer mid range drone on other brands.
Maybe they are benefiting from being almost the only kid on the block with a pseudo-monopoly in this new drone market domain?

Why do you endure?
2019-11-7
Use props
_danilo
lvl.4
Serbia

If you look for consumer, easy to fly, relatively safe, good video quality and stabilization drones that you occasionally want to take with you on a trip and don't need I cabin baggage sized case for...I guess they are the best. You can find drones out there that can beat them in a single feature, or in two-three of them, but if you look at it as whole product, they don't have a worthy competition. They are even trying to take over GoPro consumers with their "new" line of action cameras. There is the drone out there that really bits the thing out of DJI drones when it comes to auto follow, and also have a good video quality and stabilization...but it is not foldable what limits it usage...just to name one example.
2019-11-7
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

TheBalanceOfEarnsDeterminesWhetherServiceOrProductPerpetuates
CocaColaDidNotPerpetuateTheOriginatingRecipeBecauseCocaineWasOutlawedMedicinally
2019-11-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

jprates Posted at 11-7 02:35
Yeah, I'm having some trouble with other Chinese manufacturers as well on other type of devices, it seems all they think about is make a sale, the way they do it and how they handle warranty claims for instance is not of concern to them.

This leads me to another question to you folks out here: Why do you keep up with DJI?

In a word yes.

I think first you must realize you are on a dji forum started up by dji to hear views from people like you who are having problems, so you will see a gathering of problems here at anytime, while djis CS can improve and has improved greatly since its inception , we should remember that company Apple at 11/12 years old,had some incredibly bad hardware and a CS that was nothing like it is today, as a international company it was a disaster with wait times for some product releases almost 11 months, a period in their time when they fired Steve Jobs, but time and plenty of it they became a world leader in both tech and CS.
Dji after only 11 years have become global champions in consumer drone manufacturing with 80% of the global market, I’m certain that in time they will have also a great CS.

They say Rome wasn’t built in a day neither was Apple nor dji .
2019-11-7
Use props
jprates
lvl.1
Portugal

Current times are not comparable to Steve Jobs startup Apple times.
Companies can NOT take this long to offer great support.

I offer you Amazon as the opposite example, to prove some know how to get there.
I was not aware DJI is 11 years old already. Having such lousy support being that old is nonsense to me.

And please don't try to blame the lousy support as my problem origin, that's simply not true.
The problem origin was at sales, they promoted, sold, did not deliver, and in the end even after a dozen complaints still charged my card.
This is something I had never seen thus far from a product manufacturer - unforgivable.

DJI support just picked up an unhappy customer and was not able to turn it around and solve his problem, that's true.
But the problem came straight from their online shop and its failure to send the goods in due time (1 month).

From what you have said DJI = Bad sales operation + Reasonable good product + Bad support
1 out of 3 is not enough, but like you said, we have no alternatives at current time.

Sad.
2019-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

jprates Posted at 11-8 02:39
Current times are not comparable to Steve Jobs startup Apple times.
Companies can NOT take this long to offer great support.
Nobody doubts you have had bad support, but when you say it’s not good enough these days and you quote Amazon, go check out those who have had bad support from Amazon, and I’ll leave you a Link to Apple problems that leaves dji in the penny halfpenny place, everything is relative, what happened to you is NOT the norm (thank god) should not happen , but is human nature not be right 100% of the time.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5234289https://www.trustpilot.com/review/apple-support.it
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/t/amazon-support-the-worst-of-the-world/447643

2019-11-8
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
Switzerland

cutis Posted at 11-7 17:07
CocaColaDidNotPerpetuateTheOriginatingRecipeBecauseCocaineWasOutlawedMedicinally

You REALLY need help!!
2019-11-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

cutis Posted at 11-7 17:07

Guessing your ''space bar'' is broke?  Fixing it for you.

The Balance Of Earns Determines Whether Service Or Product Perpetuates
Coca Cola Did Not Perpetuate The Originating Recipe Because Cocaine Was Outlawed Medicinally

2019-11-8
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

HereIsTheBluePlacardInsultfulAlbeitCommonSense

GripeIsItOmitsUserWarnsOfSoftwareEntrapmentsWhichPreyedTheDreadedIncidentNoFaultOfUser

AsInAnySoftwareHiccupsArePresentUntilCleared.

Djigo4HasntBeenAroundElevenYearsHasIt?
.original_201911081014411000.jpg
.original_201911081014411001.jpg
2019-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

cutis Posted at 11-8 13:03
HereIsTheBluePlacardInsultfulAlbeitCommonSense

GripeIsItOmitsUserWarnsOfSoftwareEntrapmentsWhichPreyedTheDreadedIncidentNoFaultOfUser

Dji go4 4 years old.
2019-11-8
Use props
fansf2be6a89
lvl.1
Portugal

Locally sourced

finally!

finally!
2019-11-13
Use props
jprates
lvl.1
Portugal

Update: Got the money back at the beginning of this week, and yesterday bought locally a fly more package with a white unit.
In the end as the shop where I bought was commemorating its 20th anniversary I even got it cheaper than at DJI Store, although with a 1 month delay thanks to DJI terrible shopping and support experience.

Thank you all for your kind comments and assistance.

P.S. - Why on earth did my alias in this forum change to fansf2be6a89 ????? Changing it back...
2019-11-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules