Mavic Air Flying Incredibly Slowly
1042 8 2019-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Okka
lvl.1
United Kingdom

My Mavic Air has decided that after ~2 hours of use to only fly at a horizontal speed of 2m/s, this means it goes vertical faster.

Is there a way to fix this or is it deliberate due to airspace restrictions (roughly 3km from any zones UK) and how to disable the (presumably) software block.

Thanks.
2019-11-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Okka,

We are sorry to know that you have issues with the Mavic Air, just want to verify did you noticed any error message on the screen or any chipped and damages on the propeller?  Have you tried calibrating the remote controller?
2019-11-1
Use props
Okka
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-1 14:33
Hi Okka,

We are sorry to know that you have issues with the Mavic Air, just want to verify did you noticed any error message on the screen or any chipped and damages on the propeller?  Have you tried calibrating the remote controller?

Hi,

I just looked at my drone and there seems to be no physical damage. When I fly everything is ok and there are no error messages.
2019-11-2
Use props
Hedley Thorne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52552 ft
United Kingdom

I have had mine a while and it has suddenly started doing the same. Things I have tried; compass/IMU calibration, firmware check, vision calibration, different phone, different battery. Still the same but checking a few other things. Also I am getting a restricted zone message in areas I didn't used to (and aren't restricted) so that may be related.
2019-11-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your'e not in beginner mode are you?
2019-11-4
Use props
Kelisko
lvl.3

Togo

DAFlys Posted at 11-4 01:06
Your'e not in beginner mode are you?

Good point!
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Okka Posted at 11-2 02:07
Hi,

I just looked at my drone and there seems to be no physical damage. When I fly everything is ok and there are no error messages.

Hi Okka. Thank you for update. Just want to confirm did you fly the drone continuously for 2 hours? Thank you.
2019-11-4
Use props
Okka
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-4 09:32
Hi Okka. Thank you for update. Just want to confirm did you fly the drone continuously for 2 hours? Thank you.

no, that was total time - it is fixed now. I recalibrated the IMU

2019-11-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Okka Posted at 11-23 04:47
no, that was total time - it is fixed now. I recalibrated the IMU

Hi. It is great to know that the issue with your DJI Mavic Air was resolved. If you have any other concern or inquiry feel free to contact us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules