Totally Broken Accessories
1824 13 2019-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronedude15
lvl.1

United States

It appears that DJI has silently updated it's mavic 2 RCs to a new model, called RC1B. This has broken accessories on every aircraft I try this RC on, the old RC1A works fine. Come on DJI, this level of issue is just unprofessional.
Because of this, I've been researching a lot to sort out how to get my accessories working with my replacement controller.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-188134-1-1.html

https://forum.dji.com/thread-200093-1-1.html

Specifically the second thread, as quoted from DJI "Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. RC1A & RC1B are of different production batches and there is no difference between them and it does not affect the transmission distance. Thank you."

To DJI: If there is no difference, then why are there unique FCC authorization numbers for each remote.

2019-11-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

good point, the radio inside probably are different if there is a unique FCC ID.  no need to authorize and ceritify a new product if the radios are the same. i mean they could have it recertified if they desired to have it done but no valid reason or requirement to just burning money.
2019-11-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

Which accessories have stopped working?
2019-11-4
Use props
dronedude15
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-4 00:57
Which accessories have stopped working?

All three of them (speaker, spotlight, and beacon). Instead of turning on, the buttons in the app just say "Execution of this process has timed out"
2019-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronedude15 Posted at 11-4 06:22
All three of them (speaker, spotlight, and beacon). Instead of turning on, the buttons in the app just say "Execution of this process has timed out"

Have you tried the usual and deleted and reinstalled the app, as that's always the first thing DJI ask.
2019-11-4
Use props
dronedude15
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-4 06:27
Have you tried the usual and deleted and reinstalled the app, as that's always the first thing DJI ask.

Yes, I've tried that. Also verified that the app is the newest available. And have also tried another aircraft (with the other model remote I mentioned) and that version worked.
2019-11-4
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronedude15 Posted at 11-4 07:43
Yes, I've tried that. Also verified that the app is the newest available. And have also tried another aircraft (with the other model remote I mentioned) and that version worked.

i have 2 questions.
1. where is it listed the different model number?
2. what caused you to buy a new remote in the 1st place?
2019-11-4
Use props
dronedude15
lvl.1

United States

TruGreen Posted at 11-4 07:52
i have 2 questions.
1. where is it listed the different model number?
2. what caused you to buy a new remote in the 1st place?

1. Look on the back of the controller, at the top next to the DJI logo
2. A friend has another enterprise series aircraft that worked fine, so, I decided to test with it -- make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.
2019-11-4
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronedude15 Posted at 11-4 09:16
1. Look on the back of the controller, at the top next to the DJI logo
2. A friend has another enterprise series aircraft that worked fine, so, I decided to test with it -- make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.

so you bought the M2E brand new with the B RC and it doesnt function? or your OEM RC was broken/damaged and you purchased a new RC? sorry just tryin to figure how the B came to be in your hands... i also recently purchased the SRC so no longer need my stock RC if is the A id swap ya. just need to look at mine and see
2019-11-4
Use props
dronedude15
lvl.1

United States

TruGreen Posted at 11-4 09:19
so you bought the M2E brand new with the B RC and it doesnt function? or your OEM RC was broken/damaged and you purchased a new RC? sorry just tryin to figure how the B came to be in your hands... i also recently purchased the SRC so no longer need my stock RC if is the A id swap ya. just need to look at mine and see

yeah, when I got my aircraft, it came with the B RC, and accessories havn't worked ever. I'm more worried about DJI fixing the issue with the B RCs as, if I do break an RC in the future, or buy another aircraft -- i'll have the same issue again. (And it seems like there are more than a few B RC issues in the wild right now)

Thanks for the trade offer though.
2019-11-4
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronedude15 Posted at 11-4 16:00
yeah, when I got my aircraft, it came with the B RC, and accessories havn't worked ever. I'm more worried about DJI fixing the issue with the B RCs as, if I do break an RC in the future, or buy another aircraft -- i'll have the same issue again. (And it seems like there are more than a few B RC issues in the wild right now)

Thanks for the trade offer though.

well i looked and mine is the A version. my offer stands if you want to trade. i was gonna sell it anyways
2019-11-5
Use props
dronedude15
lvl.1

United States

I've been interfacing with DJI Support regarding this issue. I'm told it's something they've isolated of, but, have not resolved. For everyone out there trying to use enterprises with 1b remote, recommend you research ahead of time....DJI really screwed this one up...
2019-11-9
Use props
dronedude15
lvl.1

United States

This is my final reply from DJI Support for a few questions I asked today. I will not be taking the RC to their repair shop soon, as I need my aircraft. But, I am curious if any of this is true. Give the other issues I've seen and cited above, and some issues with the BT-300, I doubt that this issue is isolated to my one controller and is a hardware issue specific to me.

Does anyone out there have a M2 enterprise or dual with an model RC1B remote? Anyone else have this combo and tested with accessories and saw it work? Anyone with accessories that didn't work like me?

2019-11-12
Use props
fans0d49d13e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 463832 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, i`m having a problem with the enterprise dual that has no video on the screen, i`m using the RC1A controller and have tried my crystalsky and ipad 6th generation and my android ph. nothing works, also tried the assistant 2 and still have the same problem, any idea what is causing this?
2020-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules