Problems Connecting via Router (another one)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChewToy
New
Indonesia

Hoping for more suggestions as I've read previous threads outlining router connection problems. After putting it together last weekend, I connected to my main wifi no problems. Did the firmware update that day. Went away last week for work, and on firing it up after returning, decided to change it to my guest network - which is the one my friend would connect to when he puts his together. And the problems began. In all attempts, I am successfully told to scan QR code, then it continues to repeat "connecting". In all methods below I have re-entered password for the appropriate network several times (to the point of forgetting each network on my tablet and retyping the passwords there to make sure I had them remembered right).

• 1st attempt to my guest connection. Repeated "connecting" until it gave up. Tried several times.
  • Reset wifi by holding the connect button. Tried to set it back to my main wifi. Repeated "connecting" but after several repeats it beaps 4 times quickly in descending tone. No connection.
  • Switched to direct direct wifi. Connect no problems.
  • Switched back to router, held connection button until wifi reset, switched robomaster off, then on. Retried connecting. Same beep sequence after attempting to connect.
  • Held connection button until wifi reset while on Router setting, switched to direct and did the same resetting wifi there. Switch off, then on, tried again. No success.
  • Read forums. Turned off firewall and tried the above again. No success (though bear in mind it did work last week while firewall on). No changes to PC or network while I was away.
  • Logged into my Router to view connected devices while attempting connection. Here's the weird part. While it repeats "connecting" to my Guest network, it shows as a connected device in the list, though it doesn't connect. While attempting to connect to the main network, it does not show up, but terminates connecting with the 4 beeps. It connected to my main network last week but I hadn't tested to the guest network.
  • Hotspotted my tablet (robomaster app) to my phone. Went through scanning QR code for phone network. Got the 4 descending beeps. No connection.
  • Confirmed the QR code is visually changing for each diffeent network and password (top right corner is easiest to see it changes).

Router is an Netgear Orbi.
Tablet is Ipad IOS: 13.1.3
Firmware is 00.05.0038

I have read problems with IOS 13, but from posts in September and noted one post which states bugs for IOS 13 are fixed.

Next attempt will be taking it to my friend's house to try on his network and compare with his machine- or have him bring his here. In the meantime, if anyone has any further suggestions, I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help.
2019-11-1
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

Guest networks usually do not allow 2 machines connected to the network to talk to each other. This might be your issue and it is possible your router has an option to disable this.
2019-11-4
Use props
ChewToy
New
Indonesia

BGA Posted at 11-4 09:52
Guest networks usually do not allow 2 machines connected to the network to talk to each other. This might be your issue and it is possible your router has an option to disable this.

Thanks for responding. Might well be right about guest network so focussing on main one. I've since managed to get it to connect again to the main network by reinstalling the software. During use I'd switched the robot off a few times and it reconnected fine, though after a couple of days break it's stopped connecting again. Solo mode no problems at any time. Travelling again for a couple of weeks so will spend more time testing once back. Friend's machine had same problem not connecting to my main network, so next step is taking my machine to his place.

At this stage I guess my question is whether switching routers is usually a painless affair (since I've tried also via mobile phone hotspot with no luck). As long as I'm confident it's my router I have a direction. Or it might be something completely simple I'm missing, which is often the case.
2019-11-13
Use props
sevreNniarB
lvl.3
Germany

ChewToy Posted at 11-13 02:09
Thanks for responding. Might well be right about guest network so focussing on main one. I've since managed to get it to connect again to the main network by reinstalling the software. During use I'd switched the robot off a few times and it reconnected fine, though after a couple of days break it's stopped connecting again. Solo mode no problems at any time. Travelling again for a couple of weeks so will spend more time testing once back. Friend's machine had same problem not connecting to my main network, so next step is taking my machine to his place.

At this stage I guess my question is whether switching routers is usually a painless affair (since I've tried also via mobile phone hotspot with no luck). As long as I'm confident it's my router I have a direction. Or it might be something completely simple I'm missing, which is often the case.

Could be everything.

Do you use ipv4/ipv6, 2G/5G, what are the DHCP options, is Mesh active, what are the general network settings? Please check that MAC address whiteliisting is not activeted (nor the "only known devices" option).

During my trouble with the PC software I tried to connect the S1 with my Netgear R8500 and had a really hard time with it until I messed around with the Network options. Orbi = Netgear.

Please try it at your friend's house and check back to us. I really doubt at this point that there is something wrong with the S1 WiFi module. Working a couple of days is pointing in the DHCP/Network configuration direction.

Cheers

dji_wifi.jpg
2019-11-13
Use props
sevreNniarB
lvl.3
Germany

Please ignore the picture, don't know why it is attached and can't remove it
2019-11-13
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

I had a little trouble too when I was running the app on my wired PC and trying to get to the S1.   Turned out i had mistyped my SSID, but even after correcting for that, it took a few tries.
It would be nice if the S1 would remember the last WiFi it connected to, or better yet keep a list of several that it connected to.  Then the apps can just scan for the S1.

But then I suppose that would be a problem for multi-player situations, where the app also needs to know what S! to connect to.  Perhaps the app can also remember the last S/N it connected to?
It's a pain to have to connect with a QR code all the time.
2020-1-5
Use props
anthony.praygmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49459 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey all, after about a day of messing around I am struggling to under stand where my problems are coming from.
What i know/tested.
The S1 will ask for QR code, then go into a repeating loop saying "connecting". The light seem to flash ?? green ??
Next there will be some sound ?? beeps?? and the light go back to flashing white.
looking at my router i'm seeing the device listed and with an IP address.
Connecting to the IP on port 21 grants ftp access. so it looks to be connected??
Trying to use the app on android, iOS or windows 10, all do not find the S1.
I am able to use the S1 in wifi mode with out problems.

Router is set to allow UDP multicast and trying seating wifi to 2G, 2G + 5G, 5G all show no go.
Encryption is WPA Personal CCMP. network is ipv4, no ipv6

2020-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules