Yaw: Re-Balance Needed No Matter What I do
3739 5 2019-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adamaucock
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hey guys,

Just got my Ronin SC and am pretty happy with the performance so far (minus some weird production choices). My issue has come when using the app to check the gimbal balance. No matter what I do the Yaw/ Pan axis always returns as 'Re-Balance Needed'. I've got the pro combo so have tried it with and without the focus motor but this doesn't seem to change anything.

There's a range on the Yaw/Pan axis slider (from around 1.2 to 2.0) where the gimbal does not move when it is leant to the side as shown in the tutroials. However, nowhere within this range does the app accept this as balanced. There's no guidance in the app other than the video tutorials that aren't really helping in this case. I've tried deleting and redownloading the app but this didn't work. From what I can see there are no updates to the Ronin firmware and there doesn't seem to be a way to reset it from scratch or something like that.

I saw some other posts about the Ronin S having a similar issue and the DJI rep said that it was fine as long as the power level on the Pan axis motor when the device is leant to one side did not exeed the range of -5 to +5 however, mine frequently does at just 1 or 2 degrees of lean.

Please could someone help me work out what this issue is, is there a trick to balancing this axis that I'm not doing (and isn't shown in the tutorials)?

Thanks in advance,
Adam.
2019-11-2
Use props
Gerard_C
lvl.1

New Zealand

try to tilt the gimbal 25-30 deg when balancing and not exactly at 15deg, see if it works.
2019-11-5
Use props
djiuser_1j00t5Y4h8r0
New

Indonesia

My Zenmuse X5 broke in the pan yaw motorbike section due to an emergency landing can it be repaired.
2019-11-6
Use props
Adam Chebil
New

Tunisia

Following i have the same issue brand new ronin sc trying downgrading firmware didn't work either.. help
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_enx5zceozG2m
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69094 ft
Germany

Gerard_C Posted at 2019-11-5 02:09
try to tilt the gimbal 25-30 deg when balancing and not exactly at 15deg, see if it works.

Thanks Man Tilt the Gimbal 30deg    Pan Aaxxis  and all Ohters Excelent Balanced     1 Beer  4 You
2020-9-13
Use props
dinbali
lvl.1
Indonesia

SOLUTION
Ronin SC Pan Axis unable to get ''Excellent'': While doing the balance test, I tilt the Gimbal over 25-30°, I then get ''Excellent''. If I immediately balance test again at 15° I get ''Re Balancing Required'', so it is some kind of bug. Just balance-test it at around 30° and it's good. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem. I have spent way too much time trying to solve it before I found out about this and I'm an expert in balancing a gimbal now xD
2021-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules