DJI please clarify FCC/CE models re. vacation in different regions
34150 116 2019-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
louis08
lvl.1

Germany

djiuser_2qqJ8nhso95U Posted at 11-9 03:01
There is no reason cutting down the range in CE countrys. A FCC Version will never fly legally, even with ah a smaller range..

Why should the FCC version be illegal to fly in CE region?
AFAIK the 5GHz frequencies as such are completely legal to use, just not at the FCC power level.
The missing CE label wouldn't make much of a difference (in personal use)...
2019-11-10
Use props
marcell1und1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16398 ft
Austria

@luis08 DJI says its not legal
2019-11-10
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

djiuser_tXdnEZvuw297 Posted at 11-6 05:46
I have a question about FCC mavic mini used in CE areas.
A lot of "smart" European people will buy the mavic mini in US or China where only 5.8 gHz band is preset at about 30dBm to fly full range.
Here is my doubt.

Nope.
For that,  DJI wouldn't need two different models, just the usual "reset by GPS" firmware.
like in all other DJI drones
This is by FW "hardcoded", to be just a FCC (5.8 full power output) drone, or a CE (2.4 lower power, 5.8 lowest power output) drone
2019-11-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans2c661040 Posted at 11-9 11:32
I dont think it would be lost at border , it's one of those strange things as its legal to own in eirope just not to fly , just get a sticker made of copy of bottom of europe drone and stick on bottom

I'm pretty sure it won't .
Unless they don't want any drones and are looking for an excuse to confiscate it.
2019-11-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans6fa4f2f0 Posted at 11-9 02:03
@DJI Mindy

I got the same answer from DJI Sales Support (Kenneth from DJI Support), they told me that if I use an FCC Mavic Mini in CE country (Spain), I would just get a warning message but the same range as in an FCC country.

We apologize for the incorrect information from our support team, please refer to the post below:
If your Mavic Mini is the FCC version, then you can fly it in countries and regions of FCC and SRRC, as well as 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions.
In an unobstructed environment free of interference, the FCC Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance can reach 500 m in 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions.
2019-11-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

marcell1und1 Posted at 11-9 02:27
I contact 4 different DJI Supporter and all of them says to me the FCC Modell have in CE regions the same power like in the US

No, the power of FCC will be limited when flying in CE country, it only supports 5.8G and the FCC Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance can only reach 500 m in 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions.
2019-11-11
Use props
marcell1und1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16398 ft
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-11 01:57
We apologize for the incorrect information from our support team, please refer to the post below:
If your Mavic Mini is the FCC version, then you can fly it in countries and regions of FCC and SRRC, as well as 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions.
In an unobstructed environment free of interference, the FCC Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance can reach 500 m in 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions.

How is it possible that he can fly further than 500m with an FCC drone?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D712%26typeid%3D712
2019-11-11
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

This not match for me
2019-11-11
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-11 02:01
No, the power of FCC will be limited when flying in CE country, it only supports 5.8G and the FCC Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance can only reach 500 m in 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions.

Funny question, does it also work the other way around? I mean is the transmission power of a CE Mini increased to FCC levels  when you take it to a FCC zone?
2019-11-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CemAygun Posted at 11-11 20:52
Funny question, does it also work the other way around? I mean is the transmission power of a CE Mini increased to FCC levels  when you take it to a FCC zone?

If your Mavic Mini is the CE version, then you can fly it normally in CE, SRRC, and FCC countries and regions. In an unobstructed environment free of interference, the max image transmission distance is as follows:
If it is a CE country or region, the Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance can reach 2 km in 2.4 GHz and 500 m in 5.8 GHz (if supported by local regulations);
If it is an SRRC or FCC country or region, the Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance can reach 2 km in 2.4 GHz and 500 m in 5.8 GHz.

2019-11-12
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-12 03:37
If your Mavic Mini is the CE version, then you can fly it normally in CE, SRRC, and FCC countries and regions. In an unobstructed environment free of interference, the max image transmission distance is as follows:
If it is a CE country or region, the Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance can reach 2 km in 2.4 GHz and 500 m in 5.8 GHz (if supported by local regulations);
If it is an SRRC or FCC country or region, the Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance can reach 2 km in 2.4 GHz and 500 m in 5.8 GHz.

Ah ok, thanks a lot again, as usual

So even though the FCC version scales the power of 5.8 Ghz transmission down to CE standards when in CE countries, the CE version does not scale it up (to 28 or 30 dBm from 14) when in SRRC or FCC ones...

Well, that was just wishful thinking
2019-11-12
Use props
Cyrille1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75807 ft
  • >>>
France

>If it is a CE country or region, the Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance can reach 2 km in 2.4 GHz and 500 m in 5.8 GHz (if supported by local regulations);

perhaps it's a stupid question, but how i know if region (i'm live in france) supported 2.4 GHz or 5?+8 Ghz ?
Thx !
2019-11-13
Use props
djiuser_3AjbKQVZy6AY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37644 ft

Australia

Australia version is FCC
2019-11-13
Use props
djiuser_XO30hDus6VQg
New

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-11 01:57
Hi. More confusion on this as dji support just told me FCC flown in CE will not have reduced power 5.8. Just a warning prompt. What is correct?
@dji mindy
2019-11-18
Use props
djiuser_tY1yMMhFyzFj
New
Brazil

Is FCC or CE in Brazil?
2019-11-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-5 00:06
That is to be expected.
The only real good connection I know (CE) is occusync.
Not sure how they pull that off, but I can fly 4000m with my (unmodded) Mavic Pro.

This is not true. I have the CE Mini and in an open area I flew it 1200 m easily and the signal was still very good. I could have got much further but turned round and flew back
2019-11-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KREMi Posted at 11-5 13:43
also saw this vid.. CE version is RIP!

@2.4, empty field, straight line flying, all time line of sight - should be official 2000m...

Not true. I have the CE Mini and it does a lot better than you are saying in open areas. Besides all of this you are supposed to keep it in Visual line of sight
2019-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-19 22:43
This is not true. I have the CE Mini and in an open area I flew it 1200 m easily and the signal was still very good. I could have got much further but turned round and flew back

I have not tested the mini, but I have flow my MP to 4km (open area) and back.
Not because of the transmission but because of the battery.
2019-11-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-19 22:46
Not true. I have the CE Mini and it does a lot better than you are saying in open areas. Besides all of this you are supposed to keep it in Visual line of sight

I wonder how the mini looks at 1200m

2019-11-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-20 03:16
I wonder how the mini looks at 1200m

Invisible I would think.
2019-11-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 11-20 03:26
Invisible I would think.

You should be right.
MP is invisible at that distance.
2019-11-20
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

This difference between CE and FCC basically means that in an urban area (where you need 5.8Ghz to avoid interference as best as possible) the real max range different between the two is 4km down to 500m.... that's... crappy at best.
I was wondering how youtubers in the US were going over 3km in urban areas and youtubers in Europe were losing signal after 250m....
2019-11-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 11-20 03:37
This difference between CE and FCC basically means that in an urban area (where you need 5.8Ghz to avoid interference as best as possible) the real max range different between the two is 4km down to 500m.... that's... crappy at best.
I was wondering how youtubers in the US were going over 3km in urban areas and youtubers in Europe were losing signal after 250m....

Sadly that's because the European rules mean the radios have to transmit with a lot less power than in the USA.
2019-11-20
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

yes, I know it's not DJI's fault. Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that it basically turns what is an actually pretty cool drone into a toy... in urban areas at least.
2019-11-20
Use props
Undertaker180
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm seriously having issues understanding all of this FCC and CE stuff regarding the new Mavic Mini. I'm from the UK (CE version) and I was seriously contemplating
buying the Mavic Mini but with all the restrictions and interference I'm reading about, I'm thinking is it going to be worth it? I just want to be able to fly my MM (if I buy one)
up to the maximum height of 500 feet and maximum distance of around 2000 feet without any issues. This I'd be happy with. I understand that interference and obstructions
could affect this slightly but I don't understand how the FCC (USA) and CE (EUROPE) versions work and need some expert advice.

5.8 GHz: <30 dBm (FCC); <28 dBm (SRRC) (DOES THIS MEAN THE MAXIMUM LIMITS ARE ANYWHERE UP TO 4000 feet DISTANCE and 400 feet HEIGHT - DEPENDING ON INTERFERENCE)

Model MT1SD25
2.4 GHz: <19 dBm (MIC/CE) (DOES THIS MEAN THE MAXIMUM LIMITS ARE ANYWHERE UP TO 2000 feet DISTANCE and 500 feet HEIGHT - DEPENDING ON INTERFERENCE)

5.8 GHz: <14 dBm (CE) (SHOULDN'T THIS BE THE SAME AS THE FCC VERSION OR WILL IT BE LOWERED TO 2000 FEET and 500FEET HIGH LIKE THE 2.4 GHz OPTION)

If someone can answer these for me in depth and advise me which drone I'm better off buying (FROM UK) to get the most out of it HEIGHT AND DISTANCE WISE.

I want my drone to go the highest it can go without breaking laws and as far as it can go without breaking laws so which version am I better off getting, and what differences
will I see that will affect me in the UK. Surely if I purchase from AliXpress in China then I will get an FCC approved version but will that fly as good as the CE version based in the UK.
I've seen a load of YT vids and all confuse me because some get ridiculous ranges and spot on heights or low ranges and low heights so I don't get it at all. PLEASE HELP as I desperately
like the idea of purchasing my first proper drone.  
2019-11-20
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

As far as I understand it, there is no downside in getting the FCC version (well, except that you'll be breaking some of your country's laws with regards to transmission signals), it gets better range across the... range
2019-11-20
Use props
Zoltan L
lvl.1

Hungary

So only the Remote Controller decide it that the drone will operate in FCC or CE mode, or actually inside the drone?
At the specs it shows that the remote controller has two type of model. So I assume it is only the controller, and not the drone actually.
Can someone confirm this?
2019-11-21
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

Zoltan L Posted at 11-21 13:35
So only the Remote Controller decide it that the drone will operate in FCC or CE mode, or actually inside the drone?
At the specs it shows that the remote controller has two type of model. So I assume it is only the controller, and not the drone actually.
Can someone confirm this?

Both the craft and the controller are supposed to be different (probably through firmware) and not compatible with each other.
2019-11-21
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

Ice_2k Posted at 11-20 08:18
As far as I understand it, there is no downside in getting the FCC version (well, except that you'll be breaking some of your country's laws with regards to transmission signals), it gets better range across the... range

I think it is just the opposite, as the FCC version does not have 2.4GHz and outside FCC regions it drops the 5.8Ghz power down to CE levels leaving you with a very limited transmission.
2019-11-21
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

CemAygun Posted at 11-21 16:11
I think it is just the opposite, as the FCC version does not have 2.4GHz and outside FCC regions it drops the 5.8Ghz power down to CE levels leaving you with a very limited transmission.

That's incorrect, per one of the admins here:

MT1SD25 (CE) can fly in MT1SS5 (FCC) country, while if you fly MT1SS5 (FCC) drone in MT1SD25 (CE) country, you will face legal risks, please follow the local regulations.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=200932&pid=1993047
2019-11-22
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

Ice_2k Posted at 11-22 02:07
That's incorrect, per one of the admins here:

MT1SD25 (CE) can fly in MT1SS5 (FCC) country, while if you fly MT1SS5 (FCC) drone in MT1SD25 (CE) country, you will face legal risks, please follow the local regulations.

Please check post #85 and #86 form DJI Mindy above

I think there would only be a problem if you try to fly the FCC version in a country that does not allow the 5.8GHz it uses...

2019-11-22
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

oops, that certainly sucks. Especially since I jumped through a lot of hoops to get the FCC version in Europe )
2019-11-22
Use props
MingPang
lvl.1

Germany

Questions about the CHINA model: (which conforms to SRRC instead of FCC)

We see the same model number but with a lower signal power level:
MT1SS5
5.8 GHz: <30 dBm (FCC); <28 dBm (SRRC)

What I got from previous comments:
- It is LEGAL to BRING the drone with you anywhere except some regions with a "no-carry" policy.
- It is LEGAL to FLY in 5.8GHz compatible regions regardless of their regulations(CE/FCC/SRRC),
- BUT power level will lower to the regional standard.

QUESTIONS:
- Do statements above also apply to China's SRRC Mini?
- Does the power rise up to the FCC level when it's brought to the US?

link: https://www.dji.com/cn/mavic-mini/specs
2019-11-29
Use props
djiuser_KLstS1mf7AQ5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35384 ft
Hungary

I talked to the man from the Chinese Dji store. I asked if I could request an FCC version for this EU. He said no problem, of course.  .
2019-12-5
Use props
Salex123
lvl.3
Israel

How can i know which hw version of the MM i have?
2019-12-6
Use props
Bo4rdfish
New
Flight distance : 8675 ft
United Kingdom

Salex123 Posted at 2019-12-6 11:43
How can i know which hw version of the MM i have?

Just look on the back of your RC it will say FCC or CE plus the model number in the top right corner is a dead give away
2020-2-4
Use props
tangy07
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1387720 ft
Canada

im from canada and have the FCC version of Mavic air. Flew it in Switzerland before which i'm assuming is CE. I never had any warnings on my app to tell me i can't fly or restrictions.

I didn't check if the drone changed to CE mode though but i'm guessing it didn't.
2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules