Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
App Randomly Returns to home screen
2030 15 2019-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Ive had the Osmo Mobile 3 less than 24hrs and its totally unuseable, the app randomly returns to the home screen, losing whatever i was doing, ive just been on live chat with product support and to say i was not impressed is an understatement.
All i got was wait and see what the engineers come up with, what happens if its 6 mnths before they find a fix or if it turns out to be hardware related, am i going to get a brand new unit, i bet not. they wouldnt even give me a referrence number incase i need to contact DJI.
I even offered the app logs and they said they didnt want them, does that sound like someone whos serious about finding out whats up.

So dissapointed in DJI at this moment, ithis is not my first DJi product but it might be my last as im left with an expensive paperweight.

Phone is a Samsung S10plus which is on the recomended list and as an aside i see the random gimbal not balanced warning that others on here get.

2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi all, DJI has identified a recent issue affecting some customers using the Mimo App for Osmo Mobile 3 on several Android systems.
DJI is currently finalizing an update to the Mimo app which will resolve this issue. Periodically, devices and software require automatic updates. A recent automatic update to a security feature has affected the operation of the Mimo app for some customers using Android. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and in the meantime, please use the native camera app or another 3rd party app.
Thank you for your continued support.
2019-11-7
Use props
djiuser_dT26VQTEKIy9
New
Argentina

Exactly the same problem whit oneplus 6t.
I did all the steps, restarts the Bluetooth connections on the osmo, and nothing changed.
Very desapointed...
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi AllanHD, I am sorry to know that DJI Mimo apps keeps on returning to Home Screen. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the said application and have you tried a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persists? Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.
2019-11-4
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
United Kingdom

I've already tried reinstalling the app and i dont have another device to test it with but are you seriously suggesting all the people who are having the same issue is its because of the phones?
Its not just on here people are reporting this issue, just go on facebook or other groups and this is common among android users.
2019-11-4
Use props
kiminx
First Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

same problem with me!
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi AlanHd, we apologize for the troubles with the DJI Mimo and the unpleasant experience with our support team, just to verify, does the APP return to the home screen of the DJI Mimo or your phone? Does it happen only on timelapse mode or all modes? Did you enable Beauty Mode when it happens?
Besides, we also need the OS version of your phone, the firmware version of the Osmo Mobile 3 and APP version. How long does it take when the app returns to the home screen? We would appreciate if you could provide the logs for further analysis: internal storage/DJI/DJI MIMO/LOG
2019-11-4
Use props
djiuser_rkbPAInCtTEw
New
Vietnam

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-4 20:19
Hi AlanHd, we apologize for the troubles with the DJI Mimo and the unpleasant experience with our support team, just to verify, does the APP return to the home screen of the DJI Mimo or your phone? Does it happen only on timelapse mode or all modes? Did you enable Beauty Mode when it happens?
Besides, we also need the OS version of your phone, the firmware version of the Osmo Mobile 3 and APP version. How long does it take when the app returns to the home screen? We would appreciate if you could provide the logs for further analysis: internal storage/DJI/DJI MIMO/LOG

Please tell me how to upload or share to you logs file, because I can not have permission to upload URL. Also can't upload other file except image file type only. I already have logs file here.
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_rkbPAInCtTEw Posted at 11-4 23:13
Please tell me how to upload or share to you logs file, because I can not have permission to upload URL. Also can't upload other file except image file type only. I already have logs file here.

Please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, we will download and analyze, besides, please answers every question I posted on 6#, which is very important to us, thank you very much.
2019-11-4
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
United Kingdom

Hi AlanHd, we apologize for the troubles with the DJI Mimo and the unpleasant experience with our support team, just to verify, does the APP return to the home screen of the DJI Mimo or your phone? Does it happen only on timelapse mode or all modes? Did you enable Beauty Mode when it happens?

Hi Mindy, I already provided all the information you have requested to support but they said didn’t want they logs when I offered them. But I will provide the info again here when I’m home
It’s the Mimo app that returns to its home screen then it reconnects to the live view, but loses any recordings.
It does it randomly. Did it while I was going through the settings, also when I was testing the the panorama and also about 2 minutes into my first proper recording,
Be aware that the logs are just from yesterday but they do have this issue, I reinstalled the app and deleted all the data for the day before as recommended by your support on here.
2019-11-5
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy, I already provided all the information you have requested to support but they said didn’t want they logs when I offered them. But I will provide the info again here when I’m home
It’s the Mimo app that returns to its home screen then it reconnects to the live view, but loses any recordings.
It does it randomly. Did it while I was going through the settings, also when I was testing the the panorama and also about 2 minutes into my first proper recording,
Be aware that the logs are just from yesterday but they do have this issue, I reinstalled the app and deleted all the data for the day before as recommended by your support on here.
2019-11-5
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
United Kingdom

Phone is a Galazy S10+ om android 9
OM3 Firmware is 01.00.00.50
Mimo version 1.2.6
Here is a link to the logs https://1drv.ms/u/s!Agr6pajfQaWDgbom7spZyAX6lpA9vw?e=KjZTGR

as i said in my previous post these logs are just from yesterday but i did have the issue multiple times even during the short time ti tried it before i gave up
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AlanHd Posted at 11-5 02:08
Phone is a Galazy S10+ om android 9
OM3 Firmware is 01.00.00.50
Mimo version 1.2.6

We definitely need the logs, thanks for providing the required information, unfortunately, the link of the log cannot be opened on my end, could you please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive so that I can download? Thank you.
2019-11-5
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
United Kingdom

HI Mindy here they are on dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x49b5 ... YxAxALbOU04sQa?dl=0
2019-11-5
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-5 03:18
We definitely need the logs, thanks for providing the required information, unfortunately, the link of the log cannot be opened on my end, could you please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive so that I can download? Thank you.

13#
HI Mindy here they are on dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x49b5 ... YxAxALbOU04sQa?dl=0
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AlanHd Posted at 11-5 03:38
13#
HI Mindy here they are on dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x49b5 ... YxAxALbOU04sQa?dl=0

Thanks for your assistance, we have forwarded to our engineers for analysis, I will keep you updated.
2019-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules