2635 6 2019-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3e9b82d4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44393 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Is there a way to connect a sonar to my Robomaster, I note that there is a bus in the controller of the robot, someone knows how to do that? Someone already try this? I think its possible, but I want to question first how to do that. I need to try the robot with a kind of proximity sensor, and I want to see this possibility, how to use other hardwares in robomaster. Thanks for help.
2019-11-4
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

If you can use the CAN protocol in the device you want to connect, then it should be possible. There is no secret: Just connect it to a CAN port and use the PWM stuff to program it.
2019-11-4
Use props
gpvillamil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210226 ft
United States

This guy looks like he is on to something: https://github.com/RoboMasterS1C ... os_reference_design

He is retrofitting a Jetson controller with LIDAR and depth cameras to an S1. Check out the reference design PDF for an overview.

He has posted elsewhere in this forum, it looks like he has made some progress.
2019-11-4
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

BGA Posted at 11-4 10:06
If you can use the CAN protocol in the device you want to connect, then it should be possible. There is no secret: Just connect it to a CAN port and use the PWM stuff to program it.

"Just connect it to a CAN port and use the PWM stuff to program it."
I don't understand what you mean.
Is there a way to interface with the CAN bus directly from an user created S1 program?
2019-11-4
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

I'm not aware of a way to use any of the ports on the S1 for sensor input.
It's possible to control servos and other devices which use PWM signals but I'm not aware of a way to add inputs to the S1.
As has been noted, it's possible to add an additional controller and use the S1 Motion Controller as a slave device.
2019-11-4
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 11-4 16:05
I'm not aware of a way to use any of the ports on the S1 for sensor input.
It's possible to control servos and other devices which use PWM signals but I'm not aware of a way to add inputs to the S1.
As has been noted, it's possible to add an additional controller and use the S1 Motion Controller as a slave device.

Yes, you are correct. I never used the PWM stuff in any way and I incorrectly assumed it could be used for input and output (now that I actually looked at the documentation, it obviously can not). That being said, I am pretty sure this is just another case of artificial limitations on the public API. If not for anything else, simply because to implement a PID controller some feedback is needed from what is being controlled otherwise measuring the error is... Well... Difficult.
2019-11-5
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

BGA Posted at 11-5 09:06
Yes, you are correct. I never used the PWM stuff in any way and I incorrectly assumed it could be used for input and output (now that I actually looked at the documentation, it obviously can not). That being said, I am pretty sure this is just another case of artificial limitations on the public API. If not for anything else, simply because to implement a PID controller some feedback is needed from what is being controlled otherwise measuring the error is... Well... Difficult.

"another case of artificial limitations on the public API."
I agree. The S1 could be so much more if the software allowed the user greater control of the hardware.
2019-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules