Signal Lost. A/C returning to Home Point.
1013 17 2019-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyhawk31021
lvl.1

United States

Every time I attempt to fly my drone (P3S) I keep getting "Signal Lost. Aircraft returning to Home Point." Warning. The Gimbal camera image on my screen freezes, until my controller reconnects. I can barely get 100ft. I've tried relinking the controller with the aircraft. My Firmware is up to date. I'm using DJI GO App on an iPhone 7. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
2019-11-4
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Is your antenna pointed correctly?
2019-11-4
Use props
Skyhawk31021
lvl.1

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 11-4 14:43
Is your antenna pointed correctly?

I usually keep it angled at 45 degrees.
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Skyhawk31021, I am sorry to know that you are having connectivity issue with your DJI Phantom 3 Standard Remote Controller. May I know are you flying in area with a lot of interference like cell tower, or power lines or lot of metal structure. It is advisable to fly the drone on an open area with minimal interference to avoid disconnection. In addition, I will post a link where in you can check DJI Tutorials - Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices ( ). Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.
2019-11-4
Use props
Skyhawk31021
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-4 15:08
Hi Skyhawk31021, I am sorry to know that you are having connectivity issue with your DJI Phantom 3 Standard Remote Controller. May I know are you flying in area with a lot of interference like cell tower, or power lines or lot of metal structure. It is advisable to fly the drone on an open area with minimal interference to avoid disconnection. In addition, I will post a link where in you can check DJI Tutorials - Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE ). Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.

Not many interferences where I fly. Mostly country fields. I also use UAV Forecast App to monitor conditions for flight.  
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Skyhawk31021 Posted at 11-4 15:37
Not many interferences where I fly. Mostly country fields. I also use UAV Forecast App to monitor conditions for flight.

Hi Skyhawk31021. Thank you for the additional information. For us to isolate the issue please try to fly the drone in a different location and see if the disconnection issue will still persists. Thank you.
2019-11-4
Use props
Skyhawk31021
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-4 15:41
Hi Skyhawk31021. Thank you for the additional information. For us to isolate the issue please try to fly the drone in a different location and see if the disconnection issue will still persists. Thank you.

The drone has been piloted at multiple locations.
2019-11-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sorry, but you still haven't answered posts #2/4 adequately regarding your antenna's aim relative to the aircraft's position.  Your post #3 is not detailed enough.  Did you watch and understand the video?  
2019-11-5
Use props
Skyhawk31021
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 11-5 03:08
Sorry, but you still haven't answered posts #2/4 adequately regarding your antenna's aim relative to the aircraft's position.  Your post #3 is not detailed enough.  Did you watch and understand the video?

Yes, I watched the video. It was helpful in a way, because I wasn't aware how the antenna sends signals towards the aircraft. I will test it out again (in an open field with limited obstructions) but I'm pretty sure I will obtain the same results of "Signal Lost."
2019-11-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

First of all ... have you access to another phone / tablet to try ?

Lets make sure its not display / Go related before delving into the Controller / AC side.

Re-linking - I assume you have Green light showing all linked OK ? You power up and GO shows all OK at start ?
2019-11-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Skyhawk31021 Posted at 11-5 04:02
Yes, I watched the video. It was helpful in a way, because I wasn't aware how the antenna sends signals towards the aircraft. I will test it out again (in an open field with limited obstructions) but I'm pretty sure I will obtain the same results of "Signal Lost."

Good.  The P3S is unique in that it has two hidden antennas inside the controller, so the best way to aim is to have the stick antenna at a 90 degree angle relative to the plane of the controller and then tilt the entire controller so that the stick antenna is aimed correctly.  If you do that, all three antennas will be perfectly aimed.  Good luck.  
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Skyhawk31021 Posted at 11-4 16:37
The drone has been piloted at multiple locations.

Hi Skyhawk31021, thank you for giving us an update regarding the issue with your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Since flying the said unit to a different location and the issue still persists. I would recommend  that the best thing we need to do for the said drone is to send it in for further diagnostic, analyze and repair. For reference I have posted a link ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ) where in you can find our online support service. Our professional support team will do their best to fix  the said issue. Thank you for understanding.
2019-11-5
Use props
Skyhawk31021
lvl.1

United States

solentlife Posted at 11-5 06:09
First of all ... have you access to another phone / tablet to try ?

Lets make sure its not display / Go related before delving into the Controller / AC side.

I'll test it out on a new phone this weekend.
Yes, after re-linking my connection is great. Takes off and hovers fine. I can fly the drone just fine as long as it's close to me. Only gives me the error when I try to fly it further than 50ft or so (that's an estimate, not exact footage. I will let you know the exact distance when I test it again this weekend.)
2019-11-8
Use props
Skyhawk31021
lvl.1

United States

Downgraded the firmware, which wasn't a good idea. Started giving me all kinds of compass/barometer errors.
Upgraded firmware to current. Re-linked controller to aircraft. Signed out of DJI GO App. Started up the controller & a/c. Logged back into DJI GO App. Problem solved. I can now fly the drone its normal distances.
Apparently the latest firmware upgrade has a safety restriction,
" For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft."
2019-11-12
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Did the AC lose RC signal at the 50x30mts or did the AC  react as it has been caught in Geo fence?
2019-11-17
Use props
Skyhawk31021
lvl.1

United States

Peterx Posted at 11-17 02:01
Did the AC lose RC signal at the 50x30mts or did the AC  react as it has been caught in Geo fence?

It would lose RC signal around the 50x30m
2019-11-20
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Are the antennas on bird and rc not ripped off or same else?
2019-11-21
Use props
Skyhawk31021
lvl.1

United States

Peterx Posted at 11-21 12:14
Are the antennas on bird and rc not ripped off or same else?

No. Antennas are in good condition.
2019-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules