Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Canon 5D IV, Panorama image buffer problem
1246 3 2019-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 687320 ft
Sweden

Hello! I connected the mcc cable to my Canon 5D Mark IV from the Ronin-S. I can enter the Creative Panorama mode, and the camera moves as it should. However The Camera RAW buffer runs out after say 15 images, and then it stops taking pictures. I suspect the camera tries to teather send the images from the buffer to a computer, but sins no computer is connected ofcourse, it continues to send, and not save to SD Card, any ideas? (I am in photo mode, not in video mode if that makes a difference)

Andy
2019-11-5
Use props
neilfisher
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385243 ft
Canada

No, I the Canon 5D mark IV does not try to download files over the USB unless it's prompted to do so.
The file buffer of the camera is notoriously small and it's likely unable to keep up with the incoming 15 RAW frames.
I would suggest increasing the interval/delay time of the Creative Panorama mode via the DJI Ronin app. By increasing the interval/delay between each shot, the buffer should be able to clear quickly enough.
Alternatively, you may need a faster memory card. Personally, I use Lexar 1066x compact flash cards and have never encountered any buffer issues while shooting stills or 4K footage. In comparison, while using SD cards, which unfortunately need to be UHS-I with the 5D mark IV, I have had not but trouble. If your SD card is too slow, the buffer will fill before it's able to write every photo to your card.
2019-11-7
Use props
AndyN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 687320 ft
Sweden

Thanks I will try. But I have both fast SD and CF cards. After 15 frames the buffer fills completely. I would think at least one of those pictures would be saved to the SD or CF card! If I turn off the ronin-s or pull the cable, then pictures starts to transmit from buffer to card!

Also, suspect you have a 5D4! Can you wireless connect to the camera for live view on the phone while connected to the ronin with the mcc cable?

Thanks for your input!
2019-11-9
Use props
Ivan Nicu
New

Romania

Same problem here. It's not the 5d's buffer. It work's just fine when i take out the cable. Even if i let it write for a few minutes it doesen't record a single image, it just freezes.
2020-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules