Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile 3 - Audio CLICK / POP Sound
12Next >
8682 50 2019-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
J97NewYork
lvl.1
United States

Hi -

I just got an Osmo Mobile 3 Combo Gimbal - it's my first piece of shooting equipment, so go easy on me - but I think there's an issue and I'm trying to see if anyone else is having it.

Many clips that I record have audio clicks/audio pops throughout them.  I am NOT using an external mic; just the mic on my phone.  Some facts:
1) It does not seem to be the phone I am using in the gimbal, as it has happened across multiple phones I've tried.
2) The pops do not happen at a steady interval - they're random but frequent, so I don't think it's a dropframe issue.
3) The volume and presence of the clicks/pops vary; they are present both when shooting static on the tripod, as well as when the gimbal is in motion/working.
4) It is not the wrist band hitting against the equipment; it happens when the wrist band is off as well.
5) The clicks are more apparent outdoors than they are indoors - but again, present in both places.

Someone suggested it could be a bluetooth interference issue.  I have no idea how to solve that, though, if it is.

Or is it just a faulty item and I should try exchanging for another Osmo 3 Mobile?

Is anyone else having this issue?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks!
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi J97NewYork. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. This is not the experience we want you to have with your new DJI Osmo Mobile 3. For us to assist you with regards to this matter. Kindly please post a sample video footage of the said issue for us to see and for us to give you the proper resolution. Thank you for understanding and for your support.
2019-11-5
Use props
J97NewYork
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-5 09:54
Hi J97NewYork. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. This is not the experience we want you to have with your new DJI Osmo Mobile 3. For us to assist you with regards to this matter. Kindly please post a sample video footage of the said issue for us to see and for us to give you the proper resolution. Thank you for understanding and for your support.

Here's a link to a clip I uploaded to YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrJ1KcSxQQU&feature=youtu.be

Hi DJI Paladin - thanks for your response.  Attached you'll find a sample clip that exemplifies what I'm talking about.  Hopefully you are able to hear it despite the obvious wind/background noise - it's subtle but it's there - small audio pops almost every second (:01, :03, :04. :06, :07, :08, :14, :15, :16, :18, :20, :22, :23, :24, :26, :30, :32, :35, :37, :39, :40, :42, :42).  This is obviously the video where I had the most audio pops - other videos aren't as consistent with how often the sound pops.

Thanks so much and looking forward to your response!
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

J97NewYork Posted at 11-5 13:07
Here's a link to a clip I uploaded to YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrJ1KcSxQQU&feature=youtu.be

Hi J97NewYork. Thank you for the additional information. With regards to the video that you have shared we will forward this information to our designated DJI support team for further assistance and proper resoluion. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-11-5
Use props
J97NewYork
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-5 13:23
Hi J97NewYork. Thank you for the additional information. With regards to the video that you have shared we will forward this information to our designated DJI support team for further assistance and proper resoluion. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks, I'll check this forum for a response!
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

J97NewYork Posted at 11-5 13:29

Hi J97NewYork. We are always happy to assists you. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

J97NewYork Posted at 11-5 13:29

Hi J97NewYork, Thank you for patiently waiting, after we forwarded the video to our DJI support team, they have some query about the issue. Are you experiencing this issue when you are recording a video using the native camera software of your phone? And are you also getting the same clicking sounds on other compatible device? Thank you.
2019-11-6
Use props
J97NewYork
lvl.1
United States

Hi there!  I do not get the clicking when recording using the native camera on my phone and it’s not in the gimbal.  It only happens in the gimbal (and therefore when I’m using the app).  All firmware is updated.

And the clock does happen when I record through the dji osmo app in the gimbal on my friends phone as well.

Looking forward to hearing back!
2019-11-7
Use props
J97NewYork
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-6 10:19
Hi J97NewYork, Thank you for patiently waiting, after we forwarded the video to our DJI support team, they have some query about the issue. Are you experiencing this issue when you are recording a video using the native camera software of your phone? And are you also getting the same clicking sounds on other compatible device? Thank you.

Hi There -

Little update: I exchanged my Osmo Mobile for the same product to see if I maybe received a defective item.

The new item DOES have the same problem, and after much time experimenting with it, I've realized that the clicking sound ONLY happens when recording through the DJI Osmo App.  My firmware is up to date.

This is, as a consumer, frustrating, because native camera software on an iPhone does not have the wonderful Active Tracking/Face tracking/Hand Gesture/Story features that the app has.  

What do you suggest?  Do you know if there is a fix for this yet?

Thanks so much!
2019-11-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

J97NewYork Posted at 11-8 08:45
Hi There -

Little update: I exchanged my Osmo Mobile for the same product to see if I maybe received a defective item.

Hi. Thank you for the additional information. Since we have isolated the said issue. I will then forward this thread/information to DJI designated department for us to be able to give this issue the best resolution. Thank you for giving us update and thank you for your support.
2019-11-8
Use props
djiuser_3QQ0yIVsaAaT
New

New Zealand

Hi there! I’m experiencing exactly the same issue with my brand new DJI Osmo Mobile 3. A really disturbing random clicking throughout video recording with the DJI Mimo App on my iPhone 7. That’s very annoying and messes up every recording. All software/hardware up to date and installed properly. It seems like a serious bug in the app and/or inference with Bluetooth as it’s not happening when using the normal camera app. Please fix it! Cheers, Markus
2019-11-9
Use props
hodginator
New
United States

I have the exact same popping issue with my Osmo Mobile 3, in the DJI app, and with an iPhone X.  Hopefully this is fixed soon.  Thanks.
2019-11-24
Use props
b4rt0s1k
New

Sweden

I have the exact same problem, and it has ruined the recording of two concerts for us! I have the Osmo Mobile 2 and an iPhone XS and I have only the issue if I use the DJI GO app, so it must be an application issue! DJI FIX THIS!
2019-12-12
Use props
Uldis8
New

Latvia

If you have any apps that use the microphone, then consider removing microphone permission or uninstalling them to see if that resolves the issue. You can check via Settings > Apps & notifications > Permissions.
For me it works
2019-12-29
Use props
Chad Santos
New

Mexico

Any solution? i have the same trouble!
With DJI Mimo app + Iphone XR, my smartphone sounds good without DJI Mimo app
What´s wrong DJI?
2019-12-31
Use props
DocAdam
New

United States

I am also having this problem with the DJI Mimo on my iPhone X. I just purchased the item last month.  It appears many are having this same problem for a few months now. Will someone from Tech support please respond to this thread that the issue is being resolved and when we can expect it to be resolved?
2020-1-29
Use props
EthanDx
New

United States

Got the same problem!!! Need this to be fixed!!!! Destroy me videos!!!
2020-2-6
Use props
djiuser_gzFBCUZoN8Hx
New
Kuwait

I noticed the same popping sound today while using the Osmo mobile 3, any updates regarding this issue?
2020-2-14
Use props
djiuser_9b3Ibak7I9eD
New

Hungary

Same issue here, it is very annoying...
2020-2-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_9b3Ibak7I9eD Posted at 2-17 12:32
Same issue here, it is very annoying...

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the issue. Could you please record a video or provide us with more details for better assistance? We'd like to help you check it.
2020-2-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_gzFBCUZoN8Hx Posted at 2-14 11:27
I noticed the same popping sound today while using the Osmo mobile 3, any updates regarding this issue?

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding the issue, could you please provide us with a video for better assistance? We'd like to help you check it.
2020-2-17
Use props
djiuser_9b3Ibak7I9eD
New

Hungary

I think issue is well described already by many of us and I could only provide example video like others have shared already. So did DJI find any root cause yet and is there an ETA for the fix?
2020-2-22
Use props
djiuser_fNZbOhrH0Y6Z
New

Canada

Same problem happening here. Any solution yet?
2020-2-23
Use props
J97NewYork
lvl.1
United States

Hey All -

If I’ve learned one thing from this, it’s that DJI doesn’t seem to care about fixing well-documented issues.  They dropped off the face of the earth with this thread, and the two OTHER problems I’m having (incredibly unsteady Gimbal 3 footage, and no audio when imported to FCPX when video was recorded through the DJI app) all have been documented and no solutions offered.  Really a shame on the part of the company.  Makes me never want to buy from them again.
2020-2-23
Use props
djiuser_T4SjXcBxIDVf
New
United States

This is caused by radio interference caused by DJI Osmo 3. FYI. Needs shielding !!! I’m highly disappointed but trying to find a way to shield.
2020-2-27
Use props
Michael Trujillo Garcia
New

Peru

I got the same problem!! Does someone find a solution for this? (
2020-3-7
Use props
djiuser_lMpVbczsHgz2
New

Sweden

I just got mine OSMO 3 today after a lot of research and, had the exact same problem after shooting today. Googled it cause I thought I was crazy and found this thread. I am SO sad that all my footage of my family trip are crap. How is the work going on fixing this? Anyone? I will return this truly stupidity if there is no plan on fixing it...
0 stars
2020-3-25
Use props
J97NewYork
lvl.1
United States

I would, by all means, return it!  I feel like DJI should actually be boycotted due to how they release halfway reliable or completely ill-working products.  They went dead on helping to fix this issue, and now  I'm experiencing an issue now with my DJI pocket Osmo whereby the battery won't charge and you can't power it on!  It's a very well-documented issue all over these boards, but DJI goes radio silent when it comes to actually helping their customers.

Go return your product and use that money to buy something superior, that actually WORKS.
2020-3-25
Use props
djiuser_lMpVbczsHgz2
New

Sweden

djiuser_lMpVbczsHgz2 Posted at 3-25 13:54
I’m sorry to hear about your experience, sounds really bad that it won’t charge

I’m sorry to hear about your experience, sounds really bad that it won’t charge. Thank you for your reply!
2020-3-25
Use props
fans6856582e
New

Hungary

Same popping sound issue. Is there any solution?
2020-3-29
Use props
Will Liz
New

Australia

Hi,

I am not sure if this is covered on the above.

I just bought my dji osmo mobile 3 today

I am not using any external camera and I am using samsung s10.

The sound quality is quite bad but only if I use the dji mimo software. The sound seem to be completely fine if I use the normal camera app on the phone.

Can anyone please assist? Or is this a known issue?

Thanks
2020-4-2
Use props
User565656
New

Belgium

SOUND ISSUE SOLVED ! Uninstall app. Revoke video rights of all other apps in app permissions. Then isnstall the milmo app. Sound ok now
2020-4-5
Use props
User565656
New

Belgium

Will Liz Posted at 4-2 00:34
Hi,

I am not sure if this is covered on the above.

SOUND ISSUE SOLVED ! Uninstall app. Revoke video rights of all other apps in app permissions. Then isnstall the milmo app. Sound ok now
2020-4-5
Use props
User565656
New

Belgium

Uldis8 Posted at 2019-12-29 02:24
If you have any apps that use the microphone, then consider removing microphone permission or uninstalling them to see if that resolves the issue. You can check via Settings > Apps & notifications > Permissions.
For me it works

THANK YOU ! It WORKED
2020-4-5
Use props
xh11n3
New

Indonesia

Uldis8 Posted at 2019-12-29 02:24
For me it works

It doesnt work for me.
DJI Mimo app keeps asking me to give permission the microphone.
I have set off all other apps' microphone permission.

In my opinion, the app sucks. A lot of users review it with one only star on Google Play.
2020-4-14
Use props
oeschu74
New

Switzerland

Same for me, i still have this issue. Is there any solution?
2020-5-2
Use props
Warick Grubb
New

Australia

first use today, clicks like you said...
2020-5-7
Use props
Gameznet
lvl.2
Australia

I am also getting this clicking and popping and only in the Mimo app so it is still happening in May 2020 ..It was not a major problem for me before however after the latest firmware update done today it is now every Single video and regular almost rythmic clicking and popping Making the app unusable due to aweful audio
2020-5-10
Use props
Gameznet
lvl.2
Australia

Also Mimo app is loosing videos randomly or not keeping / recording them ?
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_OgsKXe8OEaEF
New
New Zealand

The new update is terrible. It was working well before the update now every video recording has pops and crackles. It makes the gimbal unusable. So disappointed. Please sort a fix ASAP.
2020-5-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules