Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
UK - Have you registered to fly drones over 250g yet
2797 8 2019-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FatherOfMayhem3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 380548 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So the UK gov. are trying to get everyone to register and put an operator ID on your drone before flying drones over 250g.
Are you registering?
Single SelectVote, Total 4 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

50.00% (2)
25.00% (1)
25.00% (1)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-11-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Here in NL it is not (yet) needed.
Will be when the EU regulations will be implemented.
2019-11-6
Use props
FatherOfMayhem3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 380548 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It not complicated, took about 5 minutes
2019-11-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day FatherOfMayhem3. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this poll. I hope that you will get the best answer and the best info from our valued DJI Co Pilots for UK with regards to this matter. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2019-11-9
Use props
silk186
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7438 ft
United Kingdom

Is this a lifetime licence or will it need to be renewed? Luckily mine is 249g so, for now, I don't require one.
2019-11-19
Use props
Inferno-Videos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889688 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

silk186 Posted at 11-19 09:21
Is this a lifetime licence or will it need to be renewed? Luckily mine is 249g so, for now, I don't require one.

As far as I'm aware there is a £9 annual fee but don't think you have to re-sit the test.
2019-12-2
Use props
Inferno-Videos
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Inferno-Videos Posted at 12-2 06:04
As far as I'm aware there is a £9 annual fee but don't think you have to re-sit the test.

(So I took this from the CAA page and it seems you do have to re-sit the test, but it's every 3 years)

Registration mandatory from: 30 November 2019

The UK’s new Drone and Model Aircraft Registration and Education Service is now live.

There are two elements to the online system.

Anyone responsible for a drone or unmanned aircraft (including model aircraft) weighing between 250g and 20kg needs to register as an operator.  The cost for this is £9 renewable annually.

Anyone flying a drone or unmanned aircraft (including model aircraft) weighing between 250g and 20kg must take and pass an online education package. This is free and renewable every three years.

Both of these requirements become law on 30 November 2019.
2019-12-2
Use props
Inferno-Videos
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's worth pointing out that this only a private registration licence for non-commercial hobbyists to fly in unrestricted areas while still following the same previous drone-code guidelines, this is only so the government knows who owns drones. Personally I think it's just a feeble attempt for them to cash in on the market and you will still get people who will risk not registering.

Anyone wishing to do any kind of work or making YT videos that you get paid for (i.e. advertising revs) will still need a full CAA approved licence.

The £9 annual fee for this seems cheap, that being said I know people on the PP site who say the full licence used to be cheap or at least reasonable, but once it got popular the government/CAA doubled the fee every year, will they do the same with this one?
2019-12-2
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why is this poll closed after only 4 votes ?
2019-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules