Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mimo constant crashes
7640 26 2019-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MichaelJG2019
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've got an Osmo Mobile 3 and a Samsung Galaxy S10+. The Mimo app crashes constantly whenever I try to use the stories function, timelapse, hyperlapse or video. The screen goes black for a couple of seconds and then the app goes back to the home screen so I have to reconnect and start my recording from the beginning. Everything is up-to-date, the phone works perfectly for every other app, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted my phone several times, deleted and reconnected the Osmo, but nothing seems to fix this really annoying problem.
Log file attached.

2019_11_06_00_14_21.zip

22.17 KB, Down times: 1

Log file

2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi all, DJI has identified a recent issue affecting some customers using the Mimo App for Osmo Mobile 3 on several Android systems.
DJI is currently finalizing an update to the Mimo app which will resolve this issue. Periodically, devices and software require automatic updates. A recent automatic update to a security feature has affected the operation of the Mimo app for some customers using Android. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and in the meantime, please use the native camera app or another 3rd party app.
Thank you for your continued support.
2019-11-7
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Welcome to the club, your not the only one having problems.
2019-11-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

There are several threads on this already - it's a very widespread issue for the last couple of weeks or more, on Android devices.
2019-11-5
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ditto - I used my OM3 with a S10+ on the weekend at a wedding and it must have shut down and restarted on me about a dozen times.   Was really frustrating - kinda glad to know it's not just me though but I hope it gets fixed soon.
2019-11-5
Use props
ans0600
lvl.1
Australia

Warm welcome to the crash club
2019-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the crash club
2019-11-5
Use props
Ajacied410
New
Netherlands

Hello,

Since yesterday i have a Osmo Pocket and i have the same issue with my brand new Samsung Note 10+.
I know it's not a compatible phone, but i also think its a compability problem with the Samsung software on there phones, because i see a lot of Samsung user with the same problems (also other phone ofcourse, but most are Samsung when searching on the internet).

I also have a Iphone SE and the software on iOS is working perfectly with the connector and the wifi module.
(also read that iOS had the same problems, but i think that they fixed this with updates and better support for iOS)

I really hope that DJI starts to make there sofware better on Android, because otherwise it is the last time i buy something that expensive from DJI.
My first impresion of DJI is not that good with these problems (and it looks like this problem is there for a long time now and it's still not fixed)
2019-11-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It may appear to mainly affect Samsung phones simply because there are probably more Samsung phones out there than others.  Guesswork of course.
2019-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi MichaelJG2019. Thank you for your feedback and apologizing for the inconvenience. Our R&D team is working on the problem which you are experiencing right now. Furthermore, we will figure out and optimize it as soon as possible. Kindly pay more attention to our official website for the update soon under the release notes ( https://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile-3/downloads ). Currently, we suggest to change another mobile device if you have. Your patience and understanding on this matter are greatly appreciated.
2019-11-6
Use props
okphantom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143235 ft
Canada

Lost an epic sunrise timelapse this morning. I'm not impressed. How do I return this useless piece of junk because the vendors don't allow returns on open DJI products?
DJI has never fixed the gimbal twitch on my Phantom 4 Pro so I have little faith that this will be fixed either. I guess I'm done with DJI products. It's too bad becuase I was hoping to buy an Osmo Action and a Ronin S too.
2019-11-6
Use props
djiuser_7fJocpOdTX4V
lvl.1
Turkey

I'm having the same issue. I am using Samsung Galaxy S10+ and it's listed in the compatibility chart DJI provides. It's really a shame. The hardware is amazing; but the Mimo app is garbage as is and needs an immediate update. Hope DJI figures this out very soon or lots of units will be returned. Not good for DJI's reputation.

Looking forward to hearing from DJI.
2019-11-7
Use props
VidmanMEX
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Natalia Posted at 2019-11-7 19:35
Hi all, DJI has identified a recent issue affecting some customers using the Mimo App for Osmo Mobile 3 on several Android systems.
DJI is currently finalizing an update to the Mimo app which will resolve this issue. Periodically, devices and software require automatic updates. A recent automatic update to a security feature has affected the operation of the Mimo app for some customers using Android. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and in the meantime, please use the native camera app or another 3rd party app.
Thank you for your continued support.

Hi, has the app been updated? I am still having problems using it. Is there a work around? Thank you
2020-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

VidmanMEX Posted at 1-3 09:12
Hi, has the app been updated? I am still having problems using it. Is there a work around? Thank you

Hi VidmanMEX, the Mimo app crash issue has been solved, you are recommended to update the firmware for the Osmo mobile 3 and the Mimo app to the latest one. You may refer to the release notes on the DJI official web and the tutorial video below:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/osmo-mobile-3-tutorial-firmware-update
2020-1-5
Use props
ArtAndRani
New

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-5 23:30
Hi VidmanMEX, the Mimo app crash issue has been solved, you are recommended to update the firmware for the Osmo mobile 3 and the Mimo app to the latest one. You may refer to the release notes on the DJI official web and the tutorial video below:
[view_image]

I updated the app and firmware today.
Timelapse still crashes.
Anyone else?
2020-1-14
Use props
VidmanMEX
lvl.1
Mexico

ArtAndRani Posted at 1-14 02:57
Timelapse still crashes.
Anyone else?

Same here. I uninstalled the app then reinstalled it with the latest firmware (.60). Rebooted my phone and it still crashes. The actual VIDEO mode now seems choppy when recording... It is even worse than before... Not impressed
2020-1-14
Use props
VidmanMEX
lvl.1
Mexico

Hi VidmanMEX, the Mimo app crash issue has been solved, you are recommended to update the firmware for the Osmo mobile 3 and the Mimo app to the latest one. You may refer to the release notes on the DJI official web and the tutorial video below:
[view_image]

I have the updated firmware and it is still not working. The VIDEO mode is now struggling to record smoothly.
2020-1-14
Use props
VidmanMEX
lvl.1
Mexico

[view_image]

Is there any way I can send a crash report from the app?
2020-1-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ArtAndRani Posted at 1-14 02:57
Timelapse still crashes.
Anyone else?

Hi there, the DJI Mimo app has been updated to v1.2.17, please download it from the link below:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
If the issue still persists, please record a video to show us the problem, we'll help you check it.
2020-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

VidmanMEX Posted at 1-14 06:31
Same here. I uninstalled the app then reinstalled it with the latest firmware (.60). Rebooted my phone and it still crashes. The actual VIDEO mode now seems choppy when recording... It is even worse than before... Not impressed

Hi there, the DJI Mimo app has been updated to v1.2.17, please download it from the link below:
If the issue still persists, please record a video to show us the problem, we'll help you check it.
2020-1-15
Use props
VidmanMEX
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-15 22:04

Hi. I downloaded the app from the link provided. I cannot connect to the Osmo 3. I think this app may be for another device. Secondly I am prompted for an update upon opening the app recommended for download. I have tried both and still cannot use hyperlapse. Where can I send a video.
2020-1-18
Use props
VidmanMEX
lvl.1
Mexico

VidmanMEX Posted at 1-18 10:59
Hi. I downloaded the app from the link provided. I cannot connect to the Osmo 3. I think this app may be for another device. Secondly I am prompted for an update upon opening the app recommended for download. I have tried both and still cannot use hyperlapse. Where can I send a video.

I am using Dji Osmo 3 with a Samsung cell phone. I had my equipment set up to film a once in a season sunset last night and went to use the timelapse feature on my Samsung phone and guess what???? CRASH I have the same crash happen when I try tuse the Hyperlapse feature. I can only use the timelapse if I set a minimum 2 points. I cannot use it stationary. The last time an Admin attempted to help I was sent a link to download the updated Mimo software but that does not work as I am using the Osmo. Can you please help , this is very frustrating.... I have been a longtime consumer and advocate for DJI equipment and feel left behind here....
2020-1-31
Use props
djiuser_GxSKG5CrYxx6
New

Norway

Hi! I have an iPhone 7 , it’s updated and works perfectly fine with all others apps. With DJI Mimo it keep crashing when I try to use story or trying editing videos or story. It’s very annoying as I have some very important projects to make.
Al
2020-4-9
Use props
KentKeller
New

United States

AlanHd Posted at 2019-11-5 17:00
Welcome to the club, your not the only one having problems.

So, is DJI just accepting the fact that their customers purchased a project that cannot support the advertised promise?  
2020-8-28
Use props
Adrian Stănescu
New

Romania

Hi all! I just bought the Osmo 3 and I have the same promblem here. I have an Iphone X and the app is crashing ...
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_UJGlOuA4YHIb
New

Hungary

Hi! Its 2021 and the problem is still existing. Its very annoying to face with that after the purchase.I could not use the application for about a minute.  Im using osmo 3 and LGQ60. Latest firmware, latest software etc...
2021-4-21
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

The big question is what’s going on with Mimo on the play store. The version there is way out of date and the version on the Samsung store has disappeared. Is there something wrong with the app that stops the latest version passing the rules for posting or have DJI got that much disdain for android users they just don’t bother.
2021-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules