854 9 2019-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OOO
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3319262 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

While filming a mountain peak recently, I suddenly lost control of my drone for a few seconds, but quickly regained control and managed to save the drone just before hitting the mountain. Later, when I watched the footage, I thought that this might be due to a bird attack or strong wind. But analysis of the flight log file shows that the sudden "bump" was the recovery from a temporary GPS dropout. Anyway, I think it was a lucky day for me

2019-11-5
Use props
DJDudu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 102631 ft
Poland

Wow, that was scary. Nice save indeed, but how did it go on its own anyway? I thought it should freeze in the air when you lose signal or make a predefined action (like landing, coming back home etc).
2019-11-5
Use props
OOO
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

DJDudu Posted at 11-5 21:44
Wow, that was scary. Nice save indeed, but how did it go on its own anyway? I thought it should freeze in the air when you lose signal or make a predefined action (like landing, coming back home etc).

Thank you. The drone did not switch into ATTI mode during GPS dropout. I don't know if it's a normal behavior during temporary GPS dropout. I remember that I responded very quickly to save the drone. But I really don’t remember any other thing for that moment.  Since it was only for 0.5 seconds  may be there  was not enough time to give a warning and/or error message.
2019-11-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, that was toooo close for comfort.
2019-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this amazing footage that you had captured. We're glad that there is no incident happen to your drone. Please let us know if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-11-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow that was a close call.
2019-11-6
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Wow, so close! Glad that it was fine
2019-11-7
Use props
OOO
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

Thank you Captains and DJI Gamora!
2019-11-7
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

A very close call, thanks for sharing
2019-11-8
Use props
OOO
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

UPDATE:
Thank you guys!
Defective GPS unit was responsible for this strange and unexpected behavior. It is currently being replaced with a new one.
2019-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules