Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A3 Pro GPS Loss
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheMightyThor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2224665 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey everyone, I'm having an issue with a new build. It worked great the first few months, but now I will randomly be booted out of GPS mode into ATTI, reconnect to GPS in a few seconds, then immediately lose all satellites again and get kicked back into ATTI, repeat. It eventually works itself out after a few minutes MOST times, however, there are many applications where this could be very dangerous.

I've seen a few other similar issues on the forum, but I have not found a sufficient answer. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so what was the cause and how did you fix it?

Thanks!
2019-11-5
Use props
rogiervdheide
Second Officer
Liechtenstein

I know this is years ago, but would you mind to describe how you have solved the issue? I am facing the same.
1-8 11:42
Use props
TheMightyThor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2224665 ft
  • >>>
United States

So this is really weird and most people still don't believe it, but it was the Black Magic SDI to HDMI converter I was using to go from the Alexa Mini to the Connex. There was another pilot on a Facebook forum that told me so I reached out to BMD, and BMD said it wasn't possible as it does not give off any signal. So I tested it. I wrapped the converter box in a thick layer of black wrap (aluminum) and the issue completely went away. Took it off, and it immediately came back. Switched to Teradek and bypassed the SDI to HDMI converter, and it never happened either. Somehow, the BMD converter is giving off a signal that's interfering with the A3 when it's not covered. It doesn't make any sense, but it does. I hope that helps.
1-8 12:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules