General questions to the Drones Mavic 2 Pro & Zoom
702 7 2019-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marc Todtenhaup
New

Germany

So just the question in total because in my point of view you just cant actually find out the answer.
So the Mavic 2 Zoom has an actual optic zoom and the pro just has a digital zoom? Is that true.

2019-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

Theres no digital zoom on the Pro.
2019-11-6
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

first question= yes ,
second question= no
M2P does not have digital zoom (unless you edit on a video editor)  , but soon we may have an option on DJI Go 4 for digital zoom.  
2019-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United States

akozc Posted at 11-6 07:16
first question= yes ,
second question= no
M2P does not have digital zoom (unless you edit on a video editor)  , but soon we may have an option on DJI Go 4 for digital zoom.

Weve asked DJI a lot for new features but they don't come through, what makes you think this is coming?
2019-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Mavic 2 Zoom support 2x optical zoom and digital zoom when recording video in 1080p24/25/30. However, the digital and optical zoom are not available for the Mavic 2 Pro. Hope that this clarify your query. Thank you for your support.
2019-11-6
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

DAFlys Posted at 11-6 07:19
Weve asked DJI a lot for new features but they don't come through, what makes you think this is coming?

Digital zoom ,as it's named, the  image is digitally enlarged,  any photo /video apps  can do such zoom
there is not reason,  soon or later , DJI GO 4 apps will have this option.  
2019-11-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

akozc Posted at 11-7 01:48
Digital zoom ,as it's named, the  image is digitally enlarged,  any photo /video apps  can do such zoom
there is not reason,  soon or later , DJI GO 4 apps will have this option.

I can't see it myself, and DJI above didnt mention it was a coming feature.  Just because it might be easy to do doesnt mean that they will add it.
2019-11-7
Use props
jwt-873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

DJI did add a digital zoom option when using DJI Go4 and the Phantom 4.  (I've done it with my P4).  

A two finger 'open' on the device screen will zoom in, and a two finger 'pinch' will zoom back out.  (The zoom is just cropping and and resampling.  If you look close, you can see the lower resolution when viewing your video).   Apparently this only works with the iOS version of DJI Go4.  

I've never tried it with my M2 Zoom..   I'll have to give it a go next time I fly
2019-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules