[Feature Request] Manual Camera Controls for Video
5951 36 2019-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul_H
lvl.1

United States

This feature has been mentioned in other threads, but I wanted to start an official feature request. Please add manual camera controls (ISO, shutter speed, etc.) for video mode to the DJI Fly app! The auto-exposure lock is unfortunately not sufficient for getting the best possible image out of the Mavic Mini. I know it is possible since the controls are there for photo mode, but they have been excluded from video mode. Please add this!

If you are reading this and would benefit from this added feature, please comment below so that DJI can see the demand for this update.
2019-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I’ll second that, it seems odd you have some control for stills but none for video .
2019-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. We will directly forward these suggestions of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-11-6
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Yes!  Manual controls for videos, please.  Also, add 24p and d-cinelike.  I have an osmo pocket and the footage will compliment nicely if the Mavic Mini had the same video capabilities that the OP has.  
2019-11-6
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also would desire these features. Thank you, in advance for forwarding these customer requests to the DJI team to address.
2019-11-6
Use props
jh8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Agreed!
2019-11-6
Use props
Petrus8
lvl.2
Hungary

Great idea. Agreed!
2019-11-7
Use props
fans322fcc83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93120 ft
Netherlands

Def agree!
2019-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

You know while it would be great to get some manual controls, this video both shows and helps out with some good practical advice for using MM in auto, and footage is exceptional.

2019-11-8
Use props
djiuser_6sY2JRXmnnMJ
lvl.2
Croatia

I would just like to check that you can use the AE lock and the EV correction at the same time. If so, you basically already have manual exposure control (of image brightness) but without the ability to manually set the ISO/shutter pair that would provide it. I would think that the auto ISO would do a good job for video as the lowest value that would still not produce a motion blur can be calculated by the drone (according to fps, height, speed and turn rate) much more easily than guessed by a human. If the camera firmware is done correctly, auto ISO should be the best option for video in all the situations I can think of. Manual shutter (and thus ISO) control is useful when taking photos.
I am more interested in WB lock. Does AE lock also lock the WB?
2019-11-11
Use props
Mini Maveric
lvl.1

United Kingdom

+1 please.

I get the simplicity for everybody. But it's in photo so...
Also lock the current settings for photo and video would be nice for quick captures
2019-11-12
Use props
Mini Maveric
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Double post.

I think the mobile forum is a bit broke.
2019-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

+1 Great idea.
2019-11-12
Use props
Bjord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861880 ft
Canada

+1 yes please.
2019-11-12
Use props
fans322fcc83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93120 ft
Netherlands

Agreed! Pls add
2019-11-12
Use props
newi77
lvl.2

Austria

+1 yes please
2019-11-12
Use props
djiuser_IfqPtuKxUtk1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120745 ft
Australia

Manual controls for video please
2019-11-13
Use props
fans57ef0d9c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6886 ft
United States

Hi DJI,

Yes, please add manual controls for the video mode. I was looking forward to making this my next drone however just the fact that there are no manual controls for the video mode is making me hold out
2019-11-14
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Yes please!! Si Por Favor!! xD
2019-11-14
Use props
Natastrophe
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Came across this video, seems the Mini does have manual shutter mode? https://youtu.be/jNgGmZl66yU
2019-12-28
Use props
Herge02
lvl.1
Flight distance : 749898 ft
Canada

Yes ! Please, we need at lest w/b control. The auto control is awful in some condition.
2020-1-3
Use props
bigc357
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I just purchased the dji Mavic Mini and I must say one of the main reasons I made this purchase outside of it's compact size, is because 2 years ago I rented the dji spark for a couple week for a solo project and one of the main features that I was always using was the active tracking.
Now, to finally get my hands on my own dji drone to find out that it doesn't have this same feature as it's predecessor is beyond disappointing - I may actually return it because it basically defeats the purpose of me evening buying it.

FYI - for everyone saying that it doesn't have the active track feature because it does not have obstacle avoidance and it is too dangerous, that is complete nonsense as the dji spark does not have obstacle avoidance but yet it still has the active track feature (plus I never crashed or had any issues with the active tracking feature during my experience with the dji spark).. what a disappointment!
2020-1-9
Use props
cK-mini
lvl.3
Indonesia

let mavic mini shine bright like a diamond.. give us new upgraded firmware.. with tons of new improvement..
2020-1-9
Use props
daddydowsegmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119839 ft

United Kingdom

bigc357 Posted at 1-9 03:13
I just purchased the dji Mavic Mini and I must say one of the main reasons I made this purchase outside of it's compact size, is because 2 years ago I rented the dji spark for a couple week for a solo project and one of the main features that I was always using was the active tracking.
Now, to finally get my hands on my own dji drone to find out that it doesn't have this same feature as it's predecessor is beyond disappointing - I may actually return it because it basically defeats the purpose of me evening buying it.

The spark has a front sensor, which of it's day was pretty much top draw for it's class.  The Mini has no safety sensors at all.  It is highly unlikely they'll implement AT.  Plus, this isn't the forum post for that... theres a lot of "disappointed people" on a another discussion.

+1 for video controls (which i think we will get) if you sell all your features in one go.... what would you have to increase interest in sales again.... it's all about creating a buzzzzz (excuse the pun)
2020-1-14
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

It will not happen because for every person that say yes please (including me), you get someone saying ‘it’s only a £400 drone’, these no feature supporters will further support DJI’s stance on keeping the Mini basic
2020-1-14
Use props
Donsir_LTU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1043940 ft
Lithuania

Manual camera control is the most wanted feature for mini.  Do it now ok, ok pleeeeeease
2020-1-14
Use props
mrveronn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16093 ft
Canada

+1 yes please to manual video settings.
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_MC73sRRKG2xQ
New

Finland

I totally respect that request and for some people it might be a great thing. But, to be totally honest, I am very happy with how the mini deals with everything in auto mode. Totally enough for me.
2020-1-14
Use props
Studio66
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21670 ft
Belgium

+1 for manual video settings
2020-1-14
Use props
fans8a3d9508
lvl.1

Australia

Yes this is a simple but much needed software feature. Please add this DJI
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_1n3dIGWaPdTr
lvl.2

Canada

Yes Please!  Adjustable WB, or lock would be greatly appreciated as well!
2020-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_1n3dIGWaPdTr Posted at 3-28 05:22
Yes Please!  Adjustable WB, or lock would be greatly appreciated as well!

It’s already there.
2020-3-28
Use props
siowxsen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1952359 ft
Malaysia

Agreed! Manual Camera Controls for Video +1
2020-3-28
Use props
Pashi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Still waiting for manual ISO/Shutter speed control and control over sharpness of video. I find the video too over-sharpened. I love to add sharpness in post production if needed.
2020-3-28
Use props
djiuser_1n3dIGWaPdTr
lvl.2

Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 3-28 05:24
It’s already there.

Yeah - looks like manual WB came out with latest iteration  of the app, just updated.  Manual exposure control next?
2020-3-31
Use props
Alex Zozulia
New

Ukraine

Oh, it is really need!)
2020-4-15
Use props
Paul_H
lvl.1

United States

Thanks to everyone that chimed in here to request this feature! I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but it appears that DJI added manual exposure controls for video with a recent update to the DJI Fly app. Thanks for listening, DJI!
2020-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules