After one year of ownership
926 11 2019-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.2
Canada

Had the Osmo Mobile 2 for a little bit over a year, most time I'm still using iPhone camera app instead of the DJI app.

DJI app still has some issues, sometimes crashes, sometimes the imaging will be frozen to the last scene. I had to switch the front/back camera in order to bring it back to live.

The only problem for iPhone camera is I can’t use zoom in/out button.

I’m always having issue to turn on the Osmo Mobile 2, I think it can’t initialize the stabilizer somehow; the light will flash and then off. Haven’t figure out why.  

IMO, Walking with Osmo Mobile 2 is not very smooth, I have to adjust the speed to 50% in order to make it looks smoother.

But overall Osmo Mobile 2 is still very good stabilizer for making video.

This is the video I did last weekend.

2019-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry to know that the DJI GO app is crashing on your DJI Osmo Mobile 2. Since the app crashed, did you noticed any error message before the crash and is the application updated to most recent version? In addition, may I know what is the model of the phone that was used for the said device. Thank you.
2019-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Nicely done,  I miss my Osmo 2,  it was stolen in Italy and so far the reports of the Osmo 3 with latest iphones have not been promising.
2019-11-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I totally agree that other video apps generally give a better end result.
I use MoviePro and FilmicPro (both paid, the last one is a bit better, but more expensive, the first one is more 'ready to go')
I need those to be able to record in 25fps. Which both the iPhone app and DJI Go can't.....
So I only use the Go app for motionlapse etc.
2019-11-7
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-7 02:11
Nicely done,  I miss my Osmo 2,  it was stolen in Italy and so far the reports of the Osmo 3 with latest iphones have not been promising.

i am sorry for your loss, i know the grief felt when something precious of yours is stolen.
2019-11-14
Use props
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-6 14:39
Hi, I am sorry to know that the DJI GO app is crashing on your DJI Osmo Mobile 2. Since the app crashed, did you noticed any error message before the crash and is the application updated to most recent version? In addition, may I know what is the model of the phone that was used for the said device. Thank you.

Yes, I'm sure it's the latest version. I'm using iPhone 6s Plus.

I will try this weekend see if anything changed.
2019-11-15
Use props
lvl.2
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 11-7 02:11

Thanks.

I'm waiting for Osmo 4.
2019-11-15
Use props
lvl.2
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 11-7 05:10
I totally agree that other video apps generally give a better end result.
I use MoviePro and FilmicPro (both paid, the last one is a bit better, but more expensive, the first one is more 'ready to go')
I need those to be able to record in 25fps. Which both the iPhone app and DJI Go can't.....

I was thinking of buying FilmicPro before,  but with the battery life of my iPhone 6s plus, I don't think its worth it at this moment.

Also the video quality is not acceptable when I need to zoom in. In this case, I will use my Nikon D810 + 70-200 2.8 on tripod.
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

020 Posted at 11-15 10:10
Yes, I'm sure it's the latest version. I'm using iPhone 6s Plus.

I will try this weekend see if anything changed.

Thank you for the update, Please keep us posted for further assistance.
2019-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

020 Posted at 11-15 11:04
I was thinking of buying FilmicPro before,  but with the battery life of my iPhone 6s plus, I don't think its worth it at this moment.

Also the video quality is not acceptable when I need to zoom in. In this case, I will use my Nikon D810 + 70-200 2.8 on tripod.

I did buy it, but very seldomly use it.
My D750 is much much better
2019-11-16
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

I still use mine with the iPhone 6, and with great results.  I always have it and the Ronin S on the job with me.  Many times I will "test" shoot the scene with the Osmo 2 just due to being able to quickly review the scene.  Still a great device.
2019-12-4
Use props
BRQ7O
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57884 ft
United States

it a nice device, unfortunately I lack time to use it
2020-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules