OSMO Mobile 3 in Cold Dry weather
3500 1 2019-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoasterGhost
New

United States

Hello Everyone!
I am looking at getting in a few weeks a DJI Osmo Mobile 3, but for those that have the gimbal, I do have a question for you. How well does it work in the cold? Typically a few times a year, I film in areas where the temperature can be -12.8°C (9°F) in dry cold for media events, such as Ice Sculpture walkthroughs. I know some gimbals are rated for -10°C (12°F) whereas the DJI says 0°C (32°F), but due to their bulkiness, I would prefer to get an Osmo Mobile 3. I am fully aware about how Lipo Batteries operate in the cold, I just want to ensure that outside of that, especially in a cold environment there shouldn't be any issues.

I thank you in advance for the assistance.
2019-11-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. We highly recommend using the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 on 0 - 40 ℃ (32 to 104 °F) temperature to avoid any issues. I'm afraid that if you will operate this unit on the said temperature due to hardware limitations there is a possibility that you may encounter some problems. Therefore, we highly recommend you to operate the said unit on the recommended operating temperature since we already tested and we can assure that on this average temperature the unit will work perfectly. Hope this helps. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules