DJI high winds question
651 5 2019-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bookshelf
lvl.1

Australia

Hi guys,

I recently bought a used DJI Spark and I was operating at high winds, I was wondering if I have to set the max speed slider to the max when flying in high winds or switch to sport mode? Or will spark automatically do its best to resist the winds?

That is all, thank you
2019-11-7
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

The Spark will do its best to resist the winds. You might have noticed that the Spark tilts itself slightly in the opposite direction of the wind to hover steadily in place. You can see this visually on the app by activating the attitude indicator on the bottom left corner. When the tilt is beyond a certain limit set by DJI, you get the "High Wind" warning.
2019-11-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Always fly into the wind when starting your flight, so that you'll have the winds help getting back.
2019-11-7
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

If it's able to move into the wind, it's probably ok. Sport mode might help it move faster upwind.

If you want to test range... Fly downwind out over water on a windy day ... (BAD advice don't do that!)
2019-11-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Bookshelf. Thank you for reaching out. We do not recommend our customers to fly their drone in a hazardous environment or any bad weather such as rain or strong wind to avoid any incident to the drone when flying. The DJI Spark can withstand wind speeds up to 10 m/s. Thank you for understanding and for your support.
2019-11-8
Use props
Crack4sure
lvl.1

Pakistan

this forum is very unique and informative topic
2019-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules