Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
One red LED in the gimbal seems to be dead.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BGA
Captain
United States

Now one of the position sin the gimbal leds can not produce red light. If I set all leds to red, that one stays off. All othercolors that needa red component are also wrong due to the same reason. Any suggestions on possible fixes? Sending it for repairs due to a dead led seems like a last resort thing.

2019-11-7
Use props
Duane Degn
First Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

It sure sounds like this is a hardware issue and fixing it will require work on the PCB.

I'll write a way to diagnose the problem more precisely but taking apart the S1 will likely void your warranty.

The LEDs on the S1 are small surface mount squares which contain all three LEDs in one component. The three colors share a common anode and each color uses a separate cathode. The red's cathode is pin #1 of the chip. One of the four corners of the LED chip is shaped different than the other three corners to indicate where pin #1 is located. The anode is on the opposite pin from pin #1 (pin #4).
If you use a multimeter in diode testing mode, you could check to see if the red element is good in the LED. You'd touch the black probe of the multimeter to the cathode and the red probe of the multimeter to the anode pin. A multimeter in diode testing mode should provide enough current to light the red LED. You can test a known working LED to insure your multimeter is setup correctly.
If the red element works, then the problem may be a bad solder joint in the circuit. If the red element is dead, you'll need to replace the LED. I don't think it would be hard to find a LED the right size with compatible pin locations but I'm not sure if the LED's colors would match the original colors well.
2019-11-8
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

That depends on the multimeter and how much voltage/current it puts on the LEDs.  Many mutlimeters are expecting to be dealing with silicone diodes with a voltage drop of only 0.7V.   LEDs need 2-3 volts with around 20mA before they'll light up.
2020-1-5
Use props
BGA
Captain
United States

FYI, it actually sorted it up itself which most likely points to an intermittent issue that will happen again until it breaks definitely. If I experience it again I will just RMA it while the warranty is still on.

2020-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules