Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI refresh worth it?
8133 29 2019-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

As the title says, is DJI refresh worth it? What if I land in the middle of a lake and can’t get the drone back? Will it still be covered? I have a Mavic pro now but never purchased refresh with it. Considering buying a Mini for travel.

Thx
2019-11-8
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

In my experience, it is very worth it.
You must recover the drone in order to have it replaced under the care refresh plans.
2019-11-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out to us with your inquiry. With regards to the DJI Care Refresh, we will need to send in the drone to be replaced by the DJI Care Department, as long as the drone is still within the subscription period and still has remaining replacement. You can send in the said unit to our DJI Care facility. In addition, the DJI Care Refresh can only be used in the region where the DJI Care Refresh was purchased. I will be posting a link ( https://store.dji.com/product/dji-care-refresh-mavic-mini ) for more details about the DJI Care Refresh for DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.
2019-11-8
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

worth it IMO, calm your mind while flying - mini got no avoid. sensors, so when it crash - You will get replace unit for reasonable price. (39E care, then 40E/49E per replace)
most likely 1st thing to dmg will be gimbal - mavic air gimbal cost 150-200$... mini will be 120-150$ish? I would buy care

2019-11-9
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

KREMi Posted at 11-9 01:09
worth it IMO, calm your mind while flying - mini got no avoid. sensors, so when it crash - You will get replace unit for reasonable price. (39E care, then 40E/49E per replace)
most likely 1st thing to dmg will be gimbal - mavic air gimbal cost 150-200$... mini will be 120-150$ish? I would buy care

I agree with KREMi. No front, back, left or right sensors so you're more likely to run into something. And if that happens most likely you'll be able to recover it. If you lose it in a lake you're still out of luck though.
2019-11-9
Use props
jh8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

At the price it's a no-brainer for some peace of mind IMO. Get a replacement within days, with free shipping and no hassle. And if it's a cheap repair you can always decide to just pay and still profit from the free shipping + fast turnaround time. In my experience the prices DJI asks for repairs are very fair.
2019-11-9
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I would say it is worth it. I included it with my preorder, as I have had good experience with repair (replace) of my MA.
2019-11-9
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

thanks to all. I'm convinced. I will purchase refresh once I receive my pre-order.

2019-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

davidms Posted at 11-9 08:59
thanks to all. I'm convinced. I will purchase refresh once I receive my pre-order.

It certainly looks a good bargain, I don’t usually buy but this time I will .
2019-11-9
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 11-9 09:16
It certainly looks a good bargain, I don’t usually buy but this time I will .

So am I going to da as well.
2019-11-9
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you guys are crashing your drones, you need to get a $100 model to practice or at least use the simulator.
2019-11-9
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would say it's worth it. Given the Mavic, Mini has no sensors except for the bottom ones and that the cost for the Refresh Care is $39, I would definitely get it.
2019-11-9
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

AntDX316 Posted at 11-9 22:46
If you guys are crashing your drones, you need to get a $100 model to practice or at least use the simulator.

Who said we already crashed our drones
2019-11-9
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SafariMan Posted at 11-9 22:56
Who said we already crashed our drones

Who said everyone has not crashed their drones?  We grew up being stuck with what we're taught and what the sources are that we know but there are A lot of things that are beyond where our focus is.
2019-11-10
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4347 ft
United Kingdom

How long does it cover the drone for? It says it covers up to two replacement units within one year but does the Refresh package only last 12 months or is it for the life of the drone or what?!
2019-11-12
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

monkeyseemonkey Posted at 11-12 02:32
How long does it cover the drone for? It says it covers up to two replacement units within one year but does the Refresh package only last 12 months or is it for the life of the drone or what?!

Scratch that, found that it's for 12 months after which you can potentially buy the Refresh Care+ package for £? to extend for another year and single unit replacement.
2019-11-12
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Is it worth it? It's called gambling. Flip a coin. Heads i win tails you lose
2019-11-12
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I should be getting £38 cashback through topcashback from the purchase of the MM so I'll probably bite the bullet and go for it. That said there are drone insurers that offer theft protection as well as damage etc. for a similar cost (though admittedly with a higher 'excess') so I might have a look around before committing to the DJI package.
2019-11-12
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

monkeyseemonkey Posted at 11-12 02:43
Scratch that, found that it's for 12 months after which you can potentially buy the Refresh Care+ package for £? to extend for another year and single unit replacement.

I have that on all my DJI drones and extend them when they expire. I have never needed it yet. But you know what the say. "Its better to have it and not need it......."
2019-11-12
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 11-12 03:30
I have that on all my DJI drones and extend them when they expire. I have never needed it yet. But you know what the say. "Its better to have it and not need it......."

How much is it to extend it? Is it less than the first year/more/the same?
2019-11-12
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-10 01:39
Who said everyone has not crashed their drones?  We grew up being stuck with what we're taught and what the sources are that we know but there are A lot of things that are beyond where our focus is.

maybe you grew up that way. Definately not my experience.

Don't project your crappy life experiences onto others because you are growing up in such a lifestyle.
2019-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

monkeyseemonkey Posted at 11-12 03:33
How much is it to extend it? Is it less than the first year/more/the same?

It will cost the same as far as I know .
2019-11-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sick Dawg Posted at 11-12 10:48
maybe you grew up that way. Definately not my experience.

Don't project your crappy life experiences onto others because you are growing up in such a lifestyle.

Everyone who grew up doing it right should show others how to do it.  Some people don't change, just like you.  Don't project your crappy life experiences, who said it's crappy and why are you saying to not project?  Because you grew up that way.  A lot of people have died from not knowing what to do.  Wouldn't some people wish they knew what to do prior and had proper projections?  If a presentation was made w/ everything I've seen, properly, people would agree It's better.

People with 6+ story garages, Ferraris, Jet Aircraft, Jet Boats, billions of dollars, s* on everyone else who don't know how to do it better.  Remaining people's b* from not knowing what to do better is great if we settle and are happy settling.  Some people have to work, join the military, risk getting killed, leave their family for years because they have to make $ while other people make money while doing nothing.  Protestors around the world are realizing how everything is and aren't settling.  They could ruin it for everyone else.  I'm just looking out on what the future could look like and how come but I could be wrong.  As long as the universe is controlling balance, we're good but if you take the ignorance out.. you better have answers and the correct ones.  Our human design has vulnerabilities for a reason.  If people are meant to be screwed they are, if they aren't, then they aren't.  Uncovering how come should be a paramount objective with all the technology we have but I assume that will happen.  Right now, everything is spread out, old ways and methods are still current.  I just think it wouldn't work like that in the future w/o some sort of change.  Technology backed of course.

I like people's perspective.  People are always usually friendly but when things separate into different fields, it's processing in my mind and I cannot remove it.  It's like a flow chart w/ multiple visuals on each flow.  It's not delusion because it's backed by what has happened and is happening to people as we speak.  Having an engineering mindset by birth like this isn't too cool but the rewards and benefits from proper extraction can be more ideal.  I'm still in development.

I could go into super detail on everything I've said here only if people continue to ask for more.  It's like adding more clips to the movie you are making in post.  It's like going back in time from the future.  It's like going to the future.  This is the beauty of making presentations.  A field we are all in.  Trust and Ignorance are 2 key vital core elements of life to have but w/o ways to support it, it could fall apart fast (same day) for some or many people.  This is what I want to fill-in, assets permitting.

Teaching, projecting, and influencing people to know what to do could save people from crashing into you, me, or anyone else when their life is at the peak prime of happiness.  It doesn't mean we need it, but those that do.. pretty much give jobs to people at the expense of others.

2019-11-12
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

AntDX316 Posted at 11-12 15:33
Everyone who grew up doing it right should show others how to do it.  Some people don't change, just like you.  Don't project your crappy life experiences, who said it's crappy and why are you saying to not project?  Because you grew up that way.  A lot of people have died from not knowing what to do.  Wouldn't some people wish they knew what to do prior and had proper projections?  If a presentation was made w/ everything I've seen, properly, people would agree It's better.

People with 6+ story garages, Ferraris, Jet Aircraft, Jet Boats, billions of dollars, s* on everyone else who don't know how to do it better.  Remaining people's b* from not knowing what to do better is great if we settle and are happy settling.  Some people have to work, join the military, risk getting killed, leave their family for years because they have to make $ while other people make money while doing nothing.  Protestors around the world are realizing how everything is and aren't settling.  They could ruin it for everyone else.  I'm just looking out on what the future could look like and how come but I could be wrong.  As long as the universe is controlling balance, we're good but if you take the ignorance out.. you better have answers and the correct ones.  Our human design has vulnerabilities for a reason.  If people are meant to be screwed they are, if they aren't, then they aren't.  Uncovering how come should be a paramount objective with all the technology we have but I assume that will happen.  Right now, everything is spread out, old ways and methods are still current.  I just think it wouldn't work like that in the future w/o some sort of change.  Technology backed of course.

Wow.
On se calme! Et on reste sur le sujet!
Calm down and stay on topic, which is: is DJI care refresh worth it ?
2019-11-12
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

definitely will get it but here's my question.  purchased from authorized retailer and have not yet activated.  based on the current process, if i used dji.com, will i be able to activate the drone, purchase care, and start flying while covered all in the same day?
2019-11-12
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

The Saint Posted at 11-12 19:04
definitely will get it but here's my question.  purchased from authorized retailer and have not yet activated.  based on the current process, if i used dji.com, will i be able to activate the drone, purchase care, and start flying while covered all in the same day?

Yes, I did exactly like that. Purchased the drone through a Swiss retailer, logged in my dji account and bought and activated care refresh online. It‘s effective as soon as the payment is accepted.
2019-11-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SafariMan Posted at 11-12 18:20
Wow.
On se calme! Et on reste sur le sujet!
Calm down and stay on topic, which is: is DJI care refresh worth it ?

Lack of OA flown w/ novice pilots who can't adequately fly in third-person, of course.
2019-11-12
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SafariMan Posted at 11-12 19:24
Yes, I did exactly like that. Purchased the drone through a Swiss retailer, logged in my dji account and bought and activated care refresh online. It‘s effective as soon as the payment is accepted.

excellent.  i understand it's bound immediately but you say it covered for flights starting that day as well (and not a day or two later), no?  if so, excellent, i don't want to wait because i have no idea when this drone is going to show up and i would like to be able to fly it that same day it arrives or at least, fire it up at night and fly the next day.  thanks.
2019-11-12
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

The Saint Posted at 11-12 20:03
excellent.  i understand it's bound immediately but you say it covered for flights starting that day as well (and not a day or two later), no?  if so, excellent, i don't want to wait because i have no idea when this drone is going to show up and i would like to be able to fly it that same day it arrives or at least, fire it up at night and fly the next day.  thanks.

You will be covered from first day.
This is what I got yesterday after purchasing it.
“The service is valid for 12 months, starting on 2019/11/12 and ending on 2020/11/11.“
2019-11-12
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SafariMan Posted at 11-12 20:23
You will be covered from first day.
This is what I got yesterday after purchasing it.
“The service is valid for 12 months, starting on 2019/11/12 and ending on 2020/11/11.“

sounds good, thank you.
2019-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules