Spark Range and obsticales
718 3 2019-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexwick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413934 ft
United States

I was wondering what your experience is as far as how much obsticales interefere with the Sparks range?

Specifically forrest and trees, since i often fly in parks. SPot one i have a field infront of me so the angle is persumabley better than spot 2...

BUT how much of a difference does it make in real life if i start close to trees or away from trees? Does it make ANY measureable difference on the distance it will fly?
whats your experience?

flight direction sideways.jpg

flight direction.jpg

Thanks
Alex
2019-11-9
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

As soon you have green "stuff" between RC antennas and bird, it is interfering.
The main problem is: You may still see the bird, vlos, but you have the RC 30-40cm more down, so the RC has already the treetop in the "LOS"
If your position is at 1, and you are flying the path 2------>, it really is a question about how high your drone flies and how high the trees are.
Pythagoras gives you an idea:
Distance from 1 to first tree plus height of the tree, that gives you the minimum angle for your bird.
And tells you how high you need to fly, in case you wanna get 200m or 500m behind 2
2019-11-9
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I found that the trees block the signal between the RC and the Spark, especially if you are in position 2; at least in my experience
2019-11-9
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Simply imagine a laser beam from your RC to the AC, if something breaks the beam there's going to be a problem.
2019-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules