Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Finally, I've got the Mavic 2 Pro ...
704 14 2019-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

After long period of waiting for the dust to settle down, I finally purchased a second hand Mavic 2 Pro from a good friend of mine. And, OMG, what a marvel it is ... I'm somehow spoiled by Inspire 2 with excellent X5S camera, which I owe for over a year, but - despite my initial skepticism - this little bird is no joke indeed. I bought it to perform special tasks filming landscapes during low flights in tight spaces, where notoriously wobbling Inspire was challenging my blood pressure. With more sophisticated obstacle avoiding system Mavic 2 seems to be perfectly tailored for such, rock solid in hover and responsive. And, oh, the camera sensor ... Never seen such nice colour rendering on any aerial camera before. NORMAL colour space is oversaturated and too contrasty, but HLG mode is bang-on, requiring minor tweaks in post grading. There's much more to dig, but so far I'm very impressed.
2019-11-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Matthew Dobrski. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your fly experience with your newly acquired DJI Mavic 2 Pro. It is great to know that you are impressed with the said drone. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2019-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi Matt, good luck and safe flying, M2 is a pleasure to fly and for those with a good interest in photography , it’s a real delight with much to offer for one interested , in taking it to it’s limits , enjoy .
2019-11-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 11-9 12:58
Hi Matt, good luck and safe flying, M2 is a pleasure to fly and for those with a good interest in photography , it’s a real delight with much to offer for one interested , in taking it to it’s limits , enjoy .

Thank you, Brother Hall. It's snowing heavily here, not much to enjoy ...
2019-11-9
Use props
dronespilot
Captain
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the club!
2019-11-9
Use props
Ian in London
Captain
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's a magnificent beast!  Sur you're going ot be very happy!  Ian
2019-11-10
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, amazing little drone.
2019-11-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Many congrats!
2019-11-10
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats and enjoy you new drone.
2019-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

Pleased you like the HLG many people here complain about it a lot.
2019-11-11
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I find this AC to be reliable,  accurate, precise, and a pleasure to fly!!

OH,  and it has paid for itself 2 times over in 8 weeks of flying commercial and residential real estate jobs.    I still use the P4Pro for mapping as well as backup to the M2Pro.

I'm extremely happy with the M2Pro!!  In case that wasn't clear

Randy
2019-11-11
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

rwynant V1 Posted at 11-11 11:24
I find this AC to be reliable,  accurate, precise, and a pleasure to fly!!

OH,  and it has paid for itself 2 times over in 8 weeks of flying commercial and residential real estate jobs.    I still use the P4Pro for mapping as well as backup to the M2Pro.

Well, let's be honest, it's not really fair comparison to what Inspire 2 cameras can deliver. But in many situations Mavic 2 Pro will perform way better, no doubt. That was the only reason for me to step back, sort of ...
2019-11-11
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-11 13:03
Well, let's be honest, it's not really fair comparison to what Inspire 2 cameras can deliver. But in many situations Mavic 2 Pro will perform way better, no doubt. That was the only reason for me to step back, sort of ...

I am handling some of the image processing for Power Line inspections here in socal.  I see both P4Pro images as well as I2 w/X5S sensor images.

As one would expect, the X5S images are superior....but the P4pro images are respectable.  The proximity of most shots are 8 to 15ft away from the subject pole..... the price of admission is quite different!!

The San Diego utility co. insists on the I2 and min X5S where as the Los Angeles utility is allowing P4Pro.
We have 20+ flight teams in both areas......

Randy
2019-11-12
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

rwynant V1 Posted at 11-12 14:54
I am handling some of the image processing for Power Line inspections here in socal.  I see both P4Pro images as well as I2 w/X5S sensor images.

As one would expect, the X5S images are superior....but the P4pro images are respectable.  The proximity of most shots are 8 to 15ft away from the subject pole..... the price of admission is quite different!!

Well, since you lured me into the comparison issue ... The luxury of staying comfortably away from power line post and shooting with 45mm lens is hard to argue with. You can't achieve the same level of detail with either P4P or M2P, unless you wan't to play with the devil at close proximity ...
2019-11-12
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-12 15:18
Well, since you lured me into the comparison issue ... The luxury of staying comfortably away from power line post and shooting with 45mm lens is hard to argue with. You can't achieve the same level of detail with either P4P or M2P, unless you wan't to play with the devil at close proximity ...

That is EXACTLY correct!!  The ops StandOFF is supposed to be 10ft up and 10ft back from the asset.....A few of the teams have had their hands slapped for being too close!!

1 Team got fired 2 weeks ago during the Santa Ana winds we had......they were grounded, but flew anyway......They said,  "BUT we can handle it"   an hour after they had help packing it all up....the winds picked up to over 60mph in their area!!

Safety    Safety    Safety!!

Randy
2019-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules