1531 49 2019-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

At f/11 ISO 100 -1 Contrast, then curved the top right side of the linear graph quadrant line for all the clips with some time keyframing for black, highlight, and exposure on 1 clip.  Thankfully, the M2P carries a lot of information to the card in post.

2019-11-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for sharing this wonderful video you have captured over Pleasantville, New Jersey. The view from above Pleasantville is wonderful. Great work. .
2019-11-9
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

Not impressed.  Anyone that wants the best video this camera has to offer should know better than to use f11 and 160.  Invest in some NDs and then try  to prove your point.
2019-11-9
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 11-9 14:22
Not impressed.  Anyone that wants the best video this camera has to offer should know better than to use f11 and 160.  Invest in some NDs and then try  to prove your point.

The problem when you ND is, when you remove UV cover is stuff can get stuck between the lens and the ND.
2019-11-9
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I prefer KFC
2019-11-9
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-9 14:53
The problem when you ND is, when you remove UV cover is stuff can get stuck between the lens and the ND.

That is what a lens brush and/or cleaning cloth is for.  Nothing stuck on mine, changed dozens of times,

F11 is horrible for sharpness and 160 is way to high for proper cadence.
2019-11-9
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do 30 or 25FPS, 1/60 or 1/50  with an ND filter depending on the weather. You can use the PolarPro app to show you what filter to use.
2019-11-9
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 11-9 20:23
That is what a lens brush and/or cleaning cloth is for.  Nothing stuck on mine, changed dozens of times,

F11 is horrible for sharpness and 160 is way to high for proper cadence.

It was shot at 2K60.  The other reason to shoot F/11 is to keep the horrible blur when you keep heavily changing on the aerial position in the same clip.  f/2.8, I've learned with the P4PV2.0 is what no to do.  Unless you are doing a static radius orbit, it won't matter.  The aperture is locked once you start shooting and Aperture priority doesn't seem to control the desired EV properly.

Quadcopters going along way makes me happy.  I wanted my DIY drones to fly this good but you just can't make it like it.  Back then, people didn't know what it was.  The only thing you could buy was a $200 DIY off ebay minimum if you wanted a multi-rotor.  They've made tricopters but you need a servo for it which I never got into.

2019-11-9
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-9 14:02
Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for sharing this wonderful video you have captured over Pleasantville, New Jersey. The view from above Pleasantville is wonderful. Great work.  .

Thanks for creating awesome equipment.  

Only problem is, when you slide left hard it will put up to a 45° counter-clockwise tilt on the camera.  This is fixed by scaling it to 115% after fixing the rotation.  It would be nicer if it would stay flat.  If possible, can you have the engineers look into what it takes to make the camera horizon as flat as possible in a newer firmware?  Perhaps tightening up the tolerances?
2019-11-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Correct, manual settings made by skilled operator will deliver the best. Unfortunately you failed to support such revelation with proper sample ...
2019-11-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-10 02:01
Correct, manual settings made by skilled operator will deliver the best. Unfortunately you failed to support such revelation with proper sample ...

Because it takes a lot of extra work to make a proper presentation.  I make $0.  When I want to feel better about life making $0 I play Planetside 2, Dota 2, Rainbow Six: Siege, Call of Duty: MW, etc.  If I want to further self-improve while making $0 I work out.  When people demand more for free, people should be ashamed.  I've been telling you the M2P has better colors and you finally found out for yourself.

The CCW tilt on the gimbal was so damn bad that Most of the footage was uncorrectable.  The best correctable usable footage was when the tilt remained constant.  Basically, I kept full-on strafing to the left while it was going 45° then corrected it in post so it looks flat when it super wasn't.  All the footages trying to control the bird from not tilting hard by variably adjusting the strafe made the correction insane to keyframe that it wasn't worth doing.  When you create a presentation for clients, you need the smoothest looking footage (imo) to look the best but apparently, people Professionals prefer to use glide cams that have multiple axis of movements when they shoot film.

These videos don't have solid smooth clips.  Left right up down diagonal etc.  There might be some psychological importance in making it broken on purpose as most of life is pretty much broken, scattered, spread out, overlooked, etc. that when things go wrong people should just Accept.

You are right though.  I need to always work with some sort of visual representation for people to believe otherwise they will take irrelevant factors into consideration as supreme leverage that they would never ever get the clear answers with huge amounts of work.  We have the tech to make things as easy as possible.  I just need to use it more than often.
2019-11-10
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

dronespilot Posted at 11-9 20:42
I do 30 or 25FPS, 1/60 or 1/50  with an ND filter depending on the weather. You can use the PolarPro app to show you what filter to use.

It doesn't take an app to tell me what ND to use.  Just a little experience and it is pretty simple for most.
2019-11-10
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 11-10 07:25
It doesn't take an app to tell me what ND to use.  Just a little experience and it is pretty simple for most.

It's a handy tool for those with no experience, not everyone should use it.
2019-11-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I must confess : I fly auto mode usually.
-0.7 EV compensation.
My clips are usually short enough to not notice it.
2019-11-10
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-10 10:26
-0.7 EV compensation.

Not to notice what?
2019-11-10
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-10 10:26
-0.7 EV compensation.

Not to notice what?
2019-11-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Changes in exposure that happen because I don't fly manual.
2019-11-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I usually only need about 4-6 seconds per shot in my edit, so I have enough room to stop before a auto exposure change occurs.
2019-11-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 11-10 02:06
Because it takes a lot of extra work to make a proper presentation.  I make $0.  When I want to feel better about life making $0 I play Planetside 2, Dota 2, Rainbow Six: Siege, Call of Duty: MW, etc.  If I want to further self-improve while making $0 I work out.  When people demand more for free, people should be ashamed.  I've been telling you the M2P has better colors and you finally found out for yourself.

The CCW tilt on the gimbal was so damn bad that Most of the footage was uncorrectable.  The best correctable usable footage was when the tilt remained constant.  Basically, I kept full-on strafing to the left while it was going 45° then corrected it in post so it looks flat when it super wasn't.  All the footages trying to control the bird from not tilting hard by variably adjusting the strafe made the correction insane to keyframe that it wasn't worth doing.  When you create a presentation for clients, you need the smoothest looking footage (imo) to look the best but apparently, people Professionals prefer to use glide cams that have multiple axis of movements when they shoot film.

So, what's the point for posting any advice or opinion without properly executed supporting evidence? The video is a piece of crap in almost every aspect of aerial photography, unimpressive as much as humanly possible. Typically you post something of no value whatsoever. Or something well known even to my grandson. Than you respond to critical comments in form of semi-English pulp of nonsense blah-blah ... What's the idea behind your contribution to this Forum? Points? Would you accept $25 cheque from me and be quiet in exchange? It's 4500 points worth fund ...
2019-11-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-10 15:01
So, what's the point for posting any advice or opinion without properly executed supporting evidence? The video is a piece of crap in almost every aspect of aerial photography, unimpressive as much as humanly possible. Typically you post something of no value whatsoever. Or something well known even to my grandson. Than you respond to critical comments in form of semi-English pulp of nonsense blah-blah ... What's the idea behind your contribution to this Forum? Points? Would you accept $25 cheque from me and be quiet in exchange? It's 4500 points worth fund ...

What video is a piece of crap?  The one in post #1?  This was the video they wanted me to follow.

If you view the post #1 video on PC, the quality doesn't look that great but if you view it on the latest Samsung and Apple mobile devices it shows up in HDR w/ more colors.  Basically, you are viewing it from a bad monitor and basing it all upon what you see from that.

View it on a latest phone and turn the brightness to max.  Preferably, go to store w/ the latest Samsung or Apple device to view it.  If you are lazy, which you usually are and will post for feeling superiorly correct w/ no truth, you won't know and always criticize my understandings because it would make you feel depressed someone new knows better than you.  If you realize I am right, you will probably not post anymore and keep quiet as Most people do (I should've recorded every situation and hashed it into a presentation).  If by any chance you come to any sort of realization of me being right, you should apologize to at least yourself.  The other possibility that I've seen is people take the knowledge as their own, dismissing me completely, continue to criticize, and move on thinking it never came from any of my actions at all.  When I'm out in the real-world, I try to take as much of these datas as I can and engineer ways to make real-life interactions as great as possible because when things go wrong, and remain wrong while experimenting, there is absolutely nothing you can do but take all the data collected from it.  Simply, I'm using you and people like you as experimental work for my benefit so thank you for your voluntary participation.

The real-estate commercial people want to show people what the potential customer base is so in the video it's trying to showcase potential income.  A lot of drone pilots just stick to the basic movements but I try to involve a lot more movements to make it nicer.

Btw, the towers by the ocean is Atlantic City, NJ.  The east coast Las Vegas.
2019-11-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 11-9 14:22

Also, I've made other videos prior where I forgot to do an AF check at f/11 thinking everything would be sharp but it wasn't.  Even at f/11, if your AF is set too close it will blur the background making it not as good.  If you are trying to be impressive with videos using what the Professionals use because it's a "rule" then you are an idiot.  Following rules is like a religion but as with all religions, something Will be missing and discrepancies exist.  Without valid evidence backing certain claims, they will always remain right while everyone else doing it the better ways sh**s on them.
People should go to Elitecaptures7.com to see my other work.
2019-11-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 11-10 15:02
What video is a piece of crap?  The one in post #1?  This was the video they wanted me to follow.
https://vimeo.com/371477527

Anthony, I have a calibrated Retina monitor to judge colour photography. You simply can not go any better than that ...
2019-11-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-10 15:27
Anthony, I have a calibrated Retina monitor to judge colour photography. You simply can not go any better than that ...

Retina was back in iPad 4 which I also had back in 2013 for flight school.  I have a 10-bit CRG9 HDR1000 (2019) Samsung and an IGZO 4K (2015) Alienware 17 R3 but the Note 10 (2019) and S10+ (2019) Still produces far better and brighter/darker colors.
2019-11-10
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-10 15:25
Also, I've made other videos prior where I forgot to do an AF check at f/11 thinking everything would be sharp but it wasn't.  Even at f/11, if your AF is set too close it will blur the background making it not as good.  If you are trying to be impressive with videos using what the Professionals use because it's a "rule" then you are an idiot.  Following rules is like a religion but as with all religions, something Will be missing and discrepancies exist.  Without valid evidence backing certain claims, they will always remain right while everyone else doing it the better ways sh**s on them.
People should go to Elitecaptures7.com to see my other work.

Too many test have confirmed that sharpeness fall way of for this lens at f11.  If you think your videos were good at f11, imagine what they would have been if you had correctly used the  lens sharpness sweet spot.

And why would you use AF anyway?

2019-11-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 11-10 16:06
Too many test have confirmed that sharpeness fall way of for this lens at f11.  If you think your videos were good at f11, imagine what they would have been if you had correctly used the  lens sharpness sweet spot.

And why would you use AF anyway?

A lot of other drone pilots like to run with blur on the sides but I want Everything to be sharp.  If you start flying in and out like that you will get some sort of sharpness blur.  When you put another piece of glass on, you will pretty much equal out the issues you would get at running f/11.  The difference probably would have been nothing but flying around with only 2 batteries and not even touching the settings was ideal.  Just chopping the clip up thinking the settings were restarted and custom is good.  If you fly far then near with far or near settings you will have some kind of compromise.  Unless you are a total pro to stop and start the clip w/ perfect settings then do it but I have no idea what the movie would come out like when I'm flying.  Most of the time, I think I have nothing to work with while heading home.  I got an M2P because a client said the Inspire pilots, the M2P is just better for many reasons.  He said hes seen hundreds upon hundreds of drone footage.
2019-11-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 11-10 15:30
Retina was back in iPad 4 which I also had back in 2013 for flight school.  I have a 10-bit CRG9 HDR1000 (2019) Samsung and an IGZO 4K (2015) Alienware 17 R3 but the Note 10 (2019) and S10+ (2019) Still produces far better and brighter/darker colors.

Apparently you don't understand the word "calibrated". It means that a specific, capable video monitor was calibrated to reproduce colours and shades properly and in accordance with widely recognized industry standards. Bigger, newer, brighter monitor isn't necessarily better for optimized colour grading. As a result, your sample video attached to OP is generally underexposed and colour-washed.

It's also apparent that we can not stand each other. Sadly we can't find common language despite several attempts on my side in recent past. Our worlds are too far apart. However, I refuse to leave this absurd battlefield as a loser. On behalf of many other, sane members of this forum who simply can't recognize your arrogance, I will remain on a watchtower ...
2019-11-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-10 16:28
Apparently you don't understand the word "calibrated". It means that a specific, capable video monitor was calibrated to reproduce colours and shades properly and in accordance with widely recognized industry standards. Bigger, newer, brighter monitor isn't necessarily better for optimized colour grading. As a result, your sample video attached to OP is generally underexposed and colour-washed.

It's also apparent that we can not stand each other. Sadly we can't find common language despite several attempts on my side in recent past. Our worlds are too far apart. However, I refuse to leave this absurd battlefield as a looser. On behalf of many other, sane members of this forum who simply can't recognize your arrogance, I will remain on a watchtower ...

Apparently, you don't accept trying it before bashing it.  I know what color calibration is.  Look through the new S10+ phones before you bash.  If you want to find irrelevant ways on how to dismiss me being right then go ahead.  Have fun with your M2P.  Unlike you, people pay me to film and photograph for them.

A tip for you and your new M2P are night shots and jacking all the gains to 120 as the movement in the sky is less from the tighter tolerances.  I've made a comparison post way back about it.

I like your spelling of loser and your commitment to finding answers.  I don't care if people laugh, cry, shout, die, and/or get injured from having the wrong answers.  I'm just broadcasting like a radio.  It's like you are built on C+ and I'm built on Python/JScript or a newer kind of functional language.  it's like you are built on AOL and Myspace and I'm built on Google and Facebook.  There is only so much that can be done and the only thing that can be done is to Accept problems will continue to occur unless, w/e I'm going to play Planetside 2 or Dota 2 after I finish this cinnamon raisin bagel w/ Philadelphia cream cheese.
2019-11-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 11-10 17:39
Apparently, you don't accept trying it before bashing it.  I know what color calibration is.  Look through the new S10+ phones before you bash.  If you want to find irrelevant ways on how to dismiss me being right then go ahead.  Have fun with your M2P.  Unlike you, people pay me to film and photograph for them.

A tip for you and your new M2P are night shots and jacking all the gains to 120 as the movement in the sky is less from the tighter tolerances.  I've made a comparison post way back about it.

This is just a classic example of your typical ignorance and vicious arrogance. Adjustments offered by S10 phone has absolutely nothing to do with color calibration. You have two options (Normal and Vivid) to choose from and no way to alter RGB content or anything else. Google "video editing monitor calibration" to learn something new you're trying to be expert on while knowing nothing about. Such attitude may gain you more clients and - eventually - some friends ...
2019-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Keep the aperture under f5 for best results.
2019-11-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-11 00:32
Keep the aperture under f5 for best results.

I know, I would keep it at up to f/6.3 but when I flew at f/11 w/o doing a proper AF after take-off it wasn't sharp.
2019-11-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 11-11 01:49
I know, I would keep it at up to f/6.3 but when I flew at f/11 w/o doing a proper AF after take-off it wasn't sharp.

A lot of sites recommend a +1 on the sharpeness adjuster.
2019-11-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-11 02:34
A lot of sites recommend a +1 on the sharpeness adjuster.

I did try +3 +2 and +1 but it was still looking like plastic.
2019-11-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I've editted the video by pulling the curve up.. lol

Could I just c the whole thread and start fresh?
2019-11-11
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

2019-11-11
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-11 06:37
I've editted the video by pulling the curve up.. lol

Could I just c the whole thread and start fresh?

This time without the inaccurate and incoherent babbling.
2019-11-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 11-11 06:54
This time without the inaccurate and incoherent babbling.

I'm learning.  Eventually, I fixed all the experimental "babbling" to look as best as possible.
2019-11-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AntDX316 Posted at 11-9 21:44
Thanks for creating awesome equipment.  

Only problem is, when you slide left hard it will put up to a 45° counter-clockwise tilt on the camera.  This is fixed by scaling it to 115% after fixing the rotation.  It would be nicer if it would stay flat.  If possible, can you have the engineers look into what it takes to make the camera horizon as flat as possible in a newer firmware?  Perhaps tightening up the tolerances?

You are very much welcome AntDX316. Rest assured that these information will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2019-11-11
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-11 08:55
You are very much welcome AntDX316. Rest assured that these information will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.

What a bunch of BS!
2019-11-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have to say while some on this thread seem to try to help with simple advice, advice that comes with even small amounts of knowledge and experience flying and filiming video with drones advice which will both help in in the air as well as down on the ground, but it seems your trying to convey this good information on a donkey with ridiculous ideas of his own and this shows clearly in the videos posted .
2019-11-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-11 10:20
I have to say while some on this thread seem to try to help with simple advice, advice that comes with even small amounts of knowledge and experience flying and filiming video with drones advice which will both help in in the air as well as down on the ground, but it seems your trying to convey this good information on a donkey with ridiculous ideas of his own and this shows clearly in the videos posted .

If I lied and said it was shot at f/5.6, with an ND filter, double the shutter speed for the frame rate, with D-Log M, with a graded LUT, on an Inspire 2 X5S/X7, people would see it differently.  I understand.  You can have settings frowned upon by the entire community, produce better results, but always be seen as inferior.  I get it.

You can have worse picture motional quality results, be showcasing celebrities and other funny content, have millions of views, have a lot of thumbs up, have crap on the sensor/lens and get no criticism of the picture quality.  This is why I don't bother posting what I make on this forum but I need the data to understand how people think because if I ever make greater things I need to take all of this into consideration.  Imo, I like to think about certain things being the difference between life and death but I know a lot are far from it.  I've been trying to tell people in the Motorcycle forum to listen to me about how to ride properly as I don't die but they don't listen.  Tank grips don't matter, steering dampers don't matter, properly aligning your forks don't matter, and many other things.  Once people are in the ICU or worse that's it.  Now if I could make a presentation into preventing people from that happening, what would they pay?  The reality now is, some people would get it, I make nothing.  Some people would not get it and crash.  I wish we had more footage of all the results of what bad has happened instead of reading 15 injured, 25 dead, and we move on with life.  All of us here are making it.  We are most likely uninjured. We worry about unnecessary s* like my posts.  This is good but not everyone is as fortunate.  I got the Spark to film myself so I know how to correct my walk and such with Activetrack.  Originally I wanted a tracking pod but that was at least $899 and not that great.  I saw the Spark having the feature so I got it.  Made a few films from the app and realized I need to up the game with an M2Z.  This was After getting injured on the e-bike from braking too hard and going over the bars from not paying attention almost crashing into a truck at night at 20mph.. long story.  140mph+ pulls against a McLaren and a Superbike prior made e-biking a joke but it wasn't.  Never went over the bars in my life and did braking test which resulted in longer braking distances before the e-bike conversion but was all wrong.  Stopped on a dime after 5 feet.  I got my FAA license while I was healing up, with a black eye that had my head bleeding after impact.  As I've passed for my truck driving school with a perfect score as well as my motorcycle license all within a few days from having Zero experience, I've realize the importance of proper presentation and simulation.  It all matters when it's understood in the mind.  That's pretty much what school is all about but after doing OTR with a Professional carrier, I knew I wasn't given All I needed to know from truck driver school and my trainer didn't give me everything while we were driving.  Almost seriously crashed or died a few times.  Same with the motorbike.  It would be cool to save people eventually with presentations but if I constantly get bashed about my work being garbage, I'm discouraged.  I'd just rather let people get injured, have someone wipe their ass forever, go bankrupt, lose house, family is homeless than to try to help and make $0.  Just film all the results of what happens when people Don't know what to do and go from there.
2019-11-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules