Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Malfunction Cost me Another Client
123Next >
2732 88 2019-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
2wenty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72316 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-10 14:16
I find it almost impossible to believe this story , you refuse to put up flight log you ruined your drone again just as you were going to do a JOB.

Do you remember back in 2018 you had almost the same thing happen to you, you again crashed your drone blaming dji and claiming you again you were about to embark on a commercial job, I’m amazed at the total coincidence that seems to follow you around even down to those who along with yourself accept that both then and now dji are 100% at fault for your situation,  no proof but always one idiot that will believe you .

How is it impossible? I already posted the flight of it, what more do you need to know. You can see the hover then it just spins out of control with no input and I posted a screen capture of the last one of the controller disconnects and gimbal failure when going into portrait mode. Theres nothing to speculate on the evidence is right there. You're still just commenting on things that don't matter.

Its posted here because people that use this professionally need to know this. Imagine flying inside someones luxury estate  (which I was about to do) and the thing just spins out of control. I have plenty of reasons to be pis$ed off, I have thousands of dollars in gear thats unreliable to the point I don't even fly them anymore.  

If there is such thing as karma hopefully it'll come visit you some day and then you'll see for yourself.
2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 11-10 13:46
I think maybe cowboy fits.  If you were a "professional", you wouldn't show up with a non-professional camera platform without a backup.  That said, I know you don't care, but I've flown mine for over two years and never had a control system failure like that.  In fact, I haven't had ANY Mavic failure, other than the pilot on one minor occasion with two damaged props the only damage.  Oh, by the way, the box with the waiver with a circle to check and another acknowledgement to click?  I get that every time I fly, because I'm close to the airport.  You shouldn't even be off the ground yet when that comes up. that soon.

JJB* gives very detailed analysis and I would guess that if you drop him a PM and ask (nicely), he would let you send him the log file link direct and either send you the results, or post them here with your permission.  We can all learn from the results, by the way, even if it is your fault.  We all make mistakes, and learn from the mistakes of others.

I have a back up its at home but it has issues with controller disconnects and gimbal failure. How is it a not a professioal platform? Go fly an inspire through someones house and let me know how it goes.
2019-11-10
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.3

United States

2wenty Posted at 11-10 14:40
How is it impossible? I already posted the flight of it, what more do you need to know. You can see the hover then it just spins out of control with no input and I posted a screen capture of the last one of the controller disconnects and gimbal failure when going into portrait mode. Theres nothing to speculate on the evidence is right there. You're still just commenting on things that don't matter.

Its posted here because people that use this professionally need to know this. Imagine flying inside someones luxury estate  (which I was about to do) and the thing just spins out of control. I have plenty of reasons to be pis$ed off, I have thousands of dollars in gear thats unreliable to the point I don't even fly them anymore.  

Sure, we can see your video recording of the flight log, but that tells us next to nothing. Try getting DJI to diagnose what happened based on that and see how that works out for you. They'll insist that you provide them with the flight log just as people here have done and without it they'll say they can't help you as people here have also done.

As for karma, well, yes, there IS such a thing, or at least there used to be. You mentioned that you've used a number of cameras without ever having a problem, but drones are a bit more complicated than cameras. If you don't want to take my word for it, just ask GoPro.
2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-10 13:48
DJI should replace new drone with another new drone.   
But if you need drone now, and I not telling you to do this...

Thanks for being the voice of reason in here. I finally got it out. I don't have time to swap or return Im shooting in a few mins.
2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l Posted at 11-10 14:46
Sure, we can see your video recording of the flight log, but that tells us next to nothing. Try getting DJI to diagnose what happened based on that and see how that works out for you. They'll insist that you provide them with the flight log just as people here have done and without it they'll say they can't help you as people here have also done.

As for karma, well, yes, there IS such a thing, or at least there used to be. You mentioned that you've used a number of cameras without ever having a problem, but drones are a bit more complicated than cameras, and if you don't want to take my word for it just ask GoPro.

Like I said Im fine with giving DJI the log. Its already downloaded and ready to go.

And as far as social media goes, it will work, looks like they copied my style for the OSMO campaign.
2019-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

How is it impossible? I already posted the flight of it, what more do you need to know. You can see the hover then it just spins out of control with no input and I posted a screen capture of the last one of the controller disconnects and gimbal failure when going into portrait mode. Theres nothing to speculate on the evidence is right there. You're still just commenting on things that don't matter.

You show us what is a complete concrete jungle the place you took off from , so this could easily have been your problem caused by you and wouldn’t you know exactly the same problem that happened to you in 2018 , and then you were given much help on how to prepare for any mission you are taking off for, and as a commercial pilot you absolutely 100% should have a preflight takeoff routine.

There is absolutely no evidence in what you posted that shows anything to determine what was the cause of this crash, but it remains clear from other information you have given that you may well be at fault by sheer neglect .
If you want others to give this a fair hearing then give them a fair assessment including flight log etc .
2019-11-10
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.3

United States

2wenty Posted at 11-10 14:57
Like I said Im fine with giving DJI the log. Its already downloaded and ready to go.

Then just wait for one of the DJI employees to see this thread and they'll follow up to find out what happened.

Was your drone still under warranty (less than a year old)? If not then you aren't likely to get a warranty replacement even if the problem is diagnosed as a defect, and in fact they probably won't even look at the log in that case.
2019-11-10
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

2wenty Posted at 11-10 12:52
Checked them really well before the flight and it also hovered for long enough for that to show up.

Im not going to post the flight record, the location is confidential.

Sorry to hear all these problems you are having.  As you can see I have owned several DJI drones plus the Inpire 1 that doesn't show up since I purchased it used.  Hope all goes well otherwise.
2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

First flight on the new Mavic. So I guess this is my fault too right? What preflight check did I miss on this one?

2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

Where did all the disinformation agents for DJI go? No information on this or the stuck card in a new Mavic?
2019-11-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

For inside videos, you might look into ...

... faking drone footage.  

Using GOPro (or similar), OneWheel (or hoverboard), and Long Selfie-stick.  

Not like you can go really high inside.  

2019-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2wenty Posted at 11-10 17:51
First flight on the new Mavic. So I guess this is my fault too right? What preflight check did I miss on this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... &t=0s&frags=pl%2Cwn

I think everyone should go back to your post in 2018 this is a replicate copy, they should also go back and look at your test flight they might see what they are dealing with .
2019-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2wenty Posted at 11-10 21:29
Where did all the disinformation agents for DJI go? No information on this or the stuck card in a new Mavic?

On the stuck card “don’t put it in upside down”
2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-10 23:20
I think everyone should go back to your post in 2018 this is a replicate copy, they should also go back and look at your test flight they might see what they are dealing with .

Comment on a brand new drone with stuck SD card and failing camera. You got nothing to say to that, video evidence is right here in this post. You're a dis info / discredit clown. I hope DJI pays you well to try and save face for them. Stop wasting everyones time with your BS. BTW please post link to your footage.
PS werent you banned on here a little while ago?

2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-10 23:24
On the stuck card “don’t put it in upside down”

It came out of the box brand new like that.
2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-10 23:20

You shouldn't be talking about my test flight when you put out photos like this. I think you're done here.

2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

2wenty Posted at 11-10 23:38
You shouldn't be talking about my test flight when you put out photos like this. I think you're done here.

[view_image]

First time using a drone, edited on my iPhone. Not even graded. RIP.

2019-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

2wenty Posted at 11-10 23:43
First time using a drone, edited on my iPhone. Not even graded. RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bhtd16kQ2Y

At 12 seconds this is really badly out of focus.  You can tap on the screen where you want focus to be.
2019-11-11
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-11 00:18
At 12 seconds this is really badly out of focus.  You can tap on the screen where you want focus to be.

DJI quality autofocus. Back when it wouldn't even auto focus. You just had to keep taping. Comes in handy when its bright out and the screens washed out so you can't even see whats in focus.
Is that all you got DJI shill? BTW, how much does DJI pay you idoits?
2019-11-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2wenty Posted at 11-10 23:38

[view_image]

What’s wrong with that photo, it was taken with an iPhone 7 data can be checked , what are you on .
2019-11-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 11-11 00:38
What’s wrong with that photo, it was taken with an iPhone 7 data can be checked , what are you on .

hallmark007,  I think hes just trolling.
2019-11-11
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-11 00:38
What’s wrong with that photo, it was taken with an iPhone 7 data can be checked , what are you on .

Shot with an iPhone, but it says hand held with mavic air.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-155482-1-1.html
2019-11-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2wenty Posted at 11-11 00:44
Shot with an iPhone, but it says hand held with mavic air.

[view_image]

Well it was 17 months ago . And what if it was handheld mavic air it's a camera .
2019-11-11
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-11 00:42

How much does DJI pay you guys to come on here and discredit people that point out flaws in DJI products? Do you know if they are hiring? Because Im pretty sure I can do that better then you guys too. Ill do it for 20% less then they pay you.
2019-11-11
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-11 00:54
Well it was 17 months ago . And what if it was handheld mavic air it's a camera .

It makes you a liar and uncredible, check the exif.
2019-11-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 11-11 00:42

Your right, he has done this before almost identical circumstances, crashes MP1 bought new one this was no good, now crashed MP1 bought MPP and this is no use , my belief is he does not fly very much and when he does he does it badly blames everyone for this posts no logs and makes up complete fabricated stories . And it doesn’t take long for anyone with any savvy to figure this one out .
2019-11-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2wenty Posted at 11-11 00:56
It makes you a liar and uncredible, check the exif.

Yeah but look how quick dji are here to sort out your crash and get you back up running.
I’m afraid anyone who can't  insert an SD Card shouldn’t be flying commercially. And it’s pretty clear many around this thread concur, goodbye and good luck, try not to hit the Porsche......
2019-11-11
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-11 01:00
Your right, he has done this before almost identical circumstances, crashes MP1 bought new one this was no good, now crashed MP1 bought MPP and this is no use , my belief is he does not fly very much and when he does he does it badly blames everyone for this posts no logs and makes up complete fabricated stories . And it doesn’t take long for anyone with any savvy to figure this one out .

How much do they pay you David?
2019-11-11
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-11 01:04
Yeah but look how quick dji are here to sort out your crash and get you back up running.
I’m afraid anyone who can't  insert an SD Card shouldn’t be flying commercially. And it’s pretty clear many around this thread concur, goodbye and good luck, try not to hit the Porsche......

We are far from done David, you should of never of "walked" in here.
2019-11-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2wenty Posted at 11-11 01:09
We are far from done David, you should of never of "walked" in here.

I’ve been threatened by bigger Girls than you, but from your last quip it’s pretty clear your not here for anything to do with drones ........
2019-11-11
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-11 01:18
I’ve been threatened by bigger Girls than you, but from your last quip it’s pretty clear your not here for anything to do with drones ........

Who your wife?
I was here for my DJI issues but you had to butt in and try and discredit me, so now my focus is on you, at least it will be sharp unlike DJI's autofocus.
2019-11-11
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-10 05:23
You had a loose Prop hahahahaha it just keeps getting better hehehehehehe........

Hey David are you still laughing?
2019-11-11
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

2wenty Posted at 11-10 17:51
First flight on the new Mavic. So I guess this is my fault too right? What preflight check did I miss on this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... &t=0s&frags=pl%2Cwn

Refresh firmware on the PC.
2019-11-11
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-11 01:58
Refresh firmware on the PC.

Unacceptable on $1000+ product that already comes with the latest firmware. Especially one that flys in the air hundreds of feet above the ground and can kill someone. Unreliable and dangerous.
2019-11-11
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

2wenty Posted at 11-11 02:09
Unacceptable on $1000+ product that already comes with the latest firmware. Especially one that flys in the air hundreds of feet above the ground and can kill someone. Unreliable and dangerous.

Every new DJI equipment I get, I firmware update through the PC if I can.  The Osmo 3 doesn't allow this or the Smart Controller.

I had some problems with the M2Z when I didn't do it that way.  It is indeed scary to fly over residential for the first time.  Scary to firmware update thinking something would go wrong but it's fine if your PC is good.  As long as the power doesn't go out you are good.  Probably wiser to update through a laptop just in case as long as it doesn't move because if the cable moves it might disconnect.  Overclocked PCs, virused PCs, PCs with lack of RAM, corrupted PCs, unreliable PCs, all can cause problems at the update level.
2019-11-11
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

Feels good doesn't it David? You're crying over a button. I could only imagine how hard you would cry if your drone suddenly spun out of control and crashed itself into the ground. Maybe dont break it off next time.
2019-11-11
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

This is actually a good laugh. Its you describing yourself.
2019-11-11
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-10 05:20
The house looks great the Porsche looks fine, hows the drone,
Any good commercial pilot would know and have done his homework prior to starting this job, it looks like and sounds like the customer hired two cowboys who judging by what you are saying here, it is very lucky for the client that you never got off the ground, and I’m afraid it only got worse for you when you mentioned the Ronin, what two clowns rack up for a job without checking out their equipment or doing any preplaning and then to make matters worse just like Laurel & Hardy come here to tell the story, this has been the best laugh I’ve had all week ..........

Let this be a lesson for you David. You think you can just attack people for no reason and hide behind your screen. Not today, you came into the wrong thread and personally attacked the wrong person.

You need to start treating people with respect. A quick search of your name shows you mouthing off to a lot of people that never did anything to you. You picked the wrong person today.

So before you say anything else thats dumb I suggest you stop. If you would like to keep discrediting and personally attacking me I can take it to the next level, just let me know, everything is lined up. If you plan on working and holding down a job, which it looks like its been hard for you or if you decide to keep writing articles I suggest you chill the hell out.

Also let this be a lesson to everyone else acting like rambo on here.
2019-11-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2wenty Posted at 11-11 03:57
Let this be a lesson for you David. You think you can just attack people for no reason and hide behind your screen. Not today, you came into the wrong thread and personally attacked the wrong person.

You need to start treating people with respect. A quick search of your name shows you mouthing off to a lot of people that never did anything to you. You picked the wrong person today.

I certainly don’t need to discredit you, you are doing a champion job of that yourself , and it looks like everyone agrees.
Your making yourself out to be a real idiot here, I’d stop digging if I was you.
You can post anything you like that I’ve already posted, it’s already there so go for it.
I think it shows what kind of lowlife you really are when you come on here and try to threaten members for posting .
2019-11-11
Use props
2wenty
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-11 05:03
I certainly don’t need to discredit you, you are doing a champion job of that yourself , and it looks like everyone agrees.
Your making yourself out to be a real idiot here, I’d stop digging if I was you.
You can post anything you like that I’ve already posted, it’s already there so go for it.

I warned you. This thread shows you attacking me for no reason and you have a long standing history of attacking others. I assume this was why your banned a little while back. This is me defending myself and since you said go ahead and post, you got it.

Its funny Laura just beat cancer but here you are, a cancer on the DJI forum, attacking people at random for no reason, insulting them and making it personal.
Do your kids know you run around the internt attcking innocent people? How about your grand kids? I bet you set the perfect example.

2019-11-11
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules