FPV Goggle USB-C Video-In/Out
9206 10 2019-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sp00f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9255 ft
Thailand

Will the goggles support video in/out over the usb-c connection. It would be great to be able to share video with others on the ground while flying.
2019-11-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Can you please clarify if what specific Goggles are you referring to? Is this the racing goggles or the DJI Goggles Regular/RE? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-11-10
Use props
rayk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37562 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-10 11:18
Hi, thank you for reaching out. Can you please clarify if what specific Goggles are you referring to? Is this the racing goggles or the DJI Goggles Regular/RE? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I have the DJI FPV Goggle. I want to be able to share the live view of DJI air unit with others while I am flying.
2019-11-10
Use props
Sp00f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9255 ft
Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-10 11:18

You guys have so many overlapping names it would be nice to be able to just say dji fpv goggles as in the newest ones for FPV. The small black ones w 4 antennas. What do you call them?
2019-11-11
Use props
puredirect
New

Hungary

++++++
Please make this happen! I would like to show my friends what i see while flying, please add hdmi in/output on usb-c connector, there are usb-c-hdmi cables on the market.
please!I would also like to watch movies on my glass tooo, you made it so fantastic! its like a cinema
Dji Fpv digital system
2019-11-12
Use props
fans37c8c2e6
lvl.2

South Korea

Not sure. They don't seem to provide HDMI capabilities in the future. The DJI brodcast system, used for racing competitions, pays a tremendous amount per channel. Since we usually use 4 channels we need 4 brodcast systems. The system is not available for purchase and must be rented at each competition. DJI is unlikely to give up this revenue.
2019-11-23
Use props
saniel
lvl.1

Germany

It would just be nice if it was possible to digitally stream some video from the computer on the goggle's display (like the analog input just using the USB-C port). I would use this to make playing the simulator even more realistic. Although it is already possible using the AV-IN feature, it would be nice to just plug an USB-C into my computer and into the goggles (and not all the adapter stuff needed for analog conversion)...
2020-7-19
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

I would also like to see that we can connect other source in to googles with USB-C connector and out some signal to hdmi
O think it's only software limitation, so cmon DJI - hear community
2020-7-20
Use props
EliasAU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53209400 ft
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-11-10 11:18

We would love to have video out on the DJI FPV goggles, so many I know that have got the goggles dont care even if the video out you provide us has more latency.
The thing is we know you can get the smart controller and do it that way but that costs more than another set of DJI FPV goggles, and none of us want to spend so much money on a controller that we will only be able to use as a converter box.
We cant use the smart controller to fly our gear, we cant use it for anything else, so very expensive solution.
Please provide us with video out either on USB-C or HDMI we dont care so long as we can share out experience with our friends at the field.
Im sure if you gave this option to users so many more would buy the DJI equipment, some people are saying they will wait for the competition to release their product soon and then you will loose the FPV market, we follow the manufacturers that provide us with solutions, not an expensive box(the smart controller) as a solution, not an expensive second set of goggles just for spectators, we ask for you to listen and provide the solution to us. If you do this I think your sales will increase overnight.
2020-9-24
Use props
EliasAU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53209400 ft
Australia

EliasAU Posted at 9-24 05:31
We would love to have video out on the DJI FPV goggles, so many I know that have got the goggles dont care even if the video out you provide us has more latency.
The thing is we know you can get the smart controller and do it that way but that costs more than another set of DJI FPV goggles, and none of us want to spend so much money on a controller that we will only be able to use as a converter box.
We cant use the smart controller to fly our gear, we cant use it for anything else, so very expensive solution.

Im an electrical engineer and I can think of 5 ways to get video out of the goggles, but 3 will require opening up the goggles and hacking the system, the 2 ways that are non destructive are USB-C and HDMI ports, the other 3 require some engineering and a lot of probing with an oscilloscope but I know there will be several logical points at which the video can be found.
So please just make the software change and allow us to use it without voiding our warranty.
2020-9-24
Use props
Aureloctopuzzle
lvl.1

France

Oui  ce serait génial d'avoir le retour vidéo, comme avec le "smart controler" connecté aux lunette dji FPV (air unit vista etc..) mais le "smart controler" est super cher! 650€ je crois? pour avoir la possibilité de montrer notre vol, c'est cher payé! surtout qu'il doit être possible d'avoir la vidéo quelque part, je suis pas ingénieur, mais c'est sûr que quelqu'un trouveras et vous perdrez la possibilité d'en tirer quelque chose.. le post plus haut d'EliasAU, ont vois bien qu'il y auras quelqu'un qui nous feras un truc à 20€ pour le faire. donc moi personnellement je serait vous, je ferait un boîtier avec soit la réception à l'intérieur, (pas trop grave si un peu de latence..) et un hdmi ou av out (hdmi de préférence!), ou bien un câble usb type c ou ont pourrais avoir le signal des lunettes et le mettre en hdmi. bref, un boitier (pour moi le mieux c'est avec récepteur intégré, comme ça pas de câble et donnes la possibilité aux spectateurs de voir en choisissant le canal eux mêmes pour voir le direct de chaque pilote, indépendamment des googles dji fpv..) et que ce soit pas 600€!!! mais plutôt dans les 90/130€ (ça fait un bon retour sur investissement! je suis généreux sur le prix! ça vous reviendrais à rien!, et tout ceux qui ont acheté les dji fpv googles vont l'acheter!! c'est à dire beaucoup de monde!! vous vous en rendez compte?? sachez que vous avez affaire à une communauté DIY débrouillarde qui ne tarderas pas à sortir ou capter la vidéo de votre système.. d'une manière ou d'une autre.. ont écris bien la vidéo sur la micro sd? ont peut donc prendre là le signal je suppose?? avec comme une fausse micro sd et signal et voila! ou un ingénieur qui trouverais ou il y a la vidéo ds l'usb c et voila, ou un récepteur qui aurait un hdmi comme sortie?? le mieux c'est vous qui fabriqueriez un boîtier avec une/deux antenne's, un petit écran oled noir et blanc pour choisir le canal, et un port hdmi pour le mettre sur ce qu'ont veut pour en faire partager les vols, je vois pas de défauts à vos lunettes, (à part la mousse hum..) svp faîtes vous plein de fric en nous faisant ce petit boîtier, allez, à 15€ pour vous, revendu à 90/130€ pour nous? c ok non? GO GO GO GO GO!:!:!:!:!:!:!
2020-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules