Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini RC with iPad
14443 15 2019-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansba8d2936
lvl.3
Flight distance : 244344 ft

Singapore

Saw on the FAQ page of Mavic Mini that its remote controller can only last 2 hours when using an Android device compared to 6 hours with an iOS device. I suspect this is because the RC will charge Android devices when using it.

In that case, the only iOS device I have is a 9.7-inch iPad. I'm wondering if the RC will work with my iPad using an OTG cable and will the DJI Fly app be available on the iPad?
Screenshot 2019-11-10 at 5.02.07 PM.png
2019-11-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Mavic MIni Remote Controller supports mobile phones that are 6.5-8.5 mm thick and no more than 160 mm long will fit in the remote controller clamps comfortably. We strongly recommend you to remove the protective cover before attaching your mobile phone. Devices beyond this measurement range are not supported. In addition you may connect an iPad Mini to the remote controller however, the included cable may not be long enough to connect. You can use a Micro USB OTG cable, which can be purchased at the DJI Online Store. For referenceI will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

2019-11-10
Use props
fansba8d2936
lvl.3

Singapore

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-10 09:22
Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Mavic MIni Remote Controller supports mobile phones that are 6.5-8.5 mm thick and no more than 160 mm long will fit in the remote controller clamps comfortably. We strongly recommend you to remove the protective cover before attaching your mobile phone. Devices beyond this measurement range are not supported. In addition you may connect an iPad Mini to the remote controller however, the included cable may not be long enough to connect. You can use a Micro USB OTG cable, which can be purchased at the DJI Online Store. For referenceI will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks fork the response! I just needed to know if the RC will support OTG but unfortunately after downloading the app on my iPad, I found that it’s not supported natively for big screens.
2019-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

The supported devices on the app store are a much larger list -

Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
2019-11-11
Use props
Sascha.ES
Second Officer
Germany

fansba8d2936 Posted at 11-10 16:33
Thanks fork the response! I just needed to know if the RC will support OTG but unfortunately after downloading the app on my iPad, I found that it’s not supported natively for big screens.[view_image]

right corner down.....
2019-11-11
Use props
fansba8d2936
lvl.3

Singapore

Sascha.ES Posted at 11-11 00:28
right corner down.....

It won't look as nice as native support. Top and bottom still have black empty areas while the app itself looks blurry and pixelated.
2019-11-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansba8d2936 Posted at 11-10 16:33
Thanks fork the response! I just needed to know if the RC will support OTG but unfortunately after downloading the app on my iPad, I found that it’s not supported natively for big screens.[view_image]

Hi, You're very much welcome. Again I am sorry for the trouble. But rest assured our DJI R&D team are testing multiple devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini in the near future. For the latest updates for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application kindly please visit our official website at ( https://www.dji.com/ ) for further details. Thank you.
2019-11-11
Use props
Bjord
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1861880 ft
Canada

+1 for proper iPad support. Was expecting native iPad support like on the DJI GO apps, so a bit disappointing. Regardless I can live without it, but would be nice.
2019-11-12
Use props
KREMi
Captain
  • >>>
Poland

would be nice, as a big screen is so nice help when filming +1
2019-11-12
Use props
djiuser_lraLURh3cUtW
New
Flight distance : 32884 ft
United States

connect Mavic Mini with iPad Pro 12.9 3rd generation iPad. Cable included works with iPad but its not long enough to mount on remote.. USB-C. This Should be simple but I can not find a solution. DJI makes incredible drones but service leader should be fired quickly or retired.. Help ?
2020-3-24
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_lraLURh3cUtW Posted at 3-24 13:38
connect Mavic Mini with iPad Pro 12.9 3rd generation iPad. Cable included works with iPad but its not long enough to mount on remote.. USB-C. This Should be simple but I can not find a solution. DJI makes incredible drones but service leader should be fired quickly or retired.. Help ?

can't you just get a longer micro usb to usb-c cable

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBas ... /dp/B01GGKYAIU?th=1

2020-3-24
Use props
JimmyPickles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40889 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 3-24 14:09
can't you just get a longer micro usb to usb-c cable

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-USB-Type-C-Micro-B-Cable/dp/B01GGKYAIU?th=1

Hi, I tried this and it doesn't work.  The RC won't connect.  It appears that the iPad Pro just begins charging the RC.  

Does anyone know how to get this to work?
2020-3-29
Use props
BigBird-2
First Officer
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

JimmyPickles Posted at 3-29 10:56
Hi, I tried this and it doesn't work.  The RC won't connect.  It appears that the iPad Pro just begins charging the RC.  

Does anyone know how to get this to work?

I found this out the hard way. I messed up the usb socket on my mini RC and carried it to a local cell phone repair and he said he could install a new socket. When I got it back, it  would charge but not communicate. Research show the usb sockets he installed was not otg. (missing D+ and D- wires. So  I researched some more and found I could purchase the complete usb boars for about $12.00. Got it, installed it and now no problems. So... the same things go for the cables also. Got to be otg.
2020-3-29
Use props
RAF_Recovery
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_lraLURh3cUtW Posted at 3-24 13:38
connect Mavic Mini with iPad Pro 12.9 3rd generation iPad. Cable included works with iPad but its not long enough to mount on remote.. USB-C. This Should be simple but I can not find a solution. DJI makes incredible drones but service leader should be fired quickly or retired.. Help ?

I totally agree.
2020-3-29
Use props
JimmyPickles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40889 ft
United States

OK, bout another cable...this time an OTG cable extension apparently for the MM as well as other DJI drones.  Still doesn't work.

Has anyone found an extension cable that actually works with an 11" iPad Pro?
2020-4-1
Use props
djiuser_7ZVmJEOyznfa
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-11-11 15:57
Hi, You're very much welcome. Again I am sorry for the trouble. But rest assured our DJI R&D team are testing multiple devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini in the near future. For the latest updates for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application kindly please visit our official website at ( https://www.dji.com/ ) for further details. Thank you.

That team seems to be the slow one in the company.
2021-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules