Timelapse Test - Yeppoon Fires
758 6 2019-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ebswift
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10299 ft
Australia

These fires are still raging and have caused much destruction, with a lot more to come unfortunately - my house is in no danger.  I decided to do a timelapse test, I've hardly tested this camera at all but I really should before I go to Phuket in a couple of weeks.  Interestingly there were spotter planes and water bombers constantly going around but the timelapse did not show them at all.  This test was done with the Freewell ND8 polarising filter, I knew that the blacks would be crushed but I kind of like the silhouette effect I ended up with.  The evening did have visible glow from the fire but the daylight settings crushed these into darkness but I expected that too.  I do like the quality this put out at the 2.7K setting, quite nice.  If I would change anything I would elevate the camera more, but you sure wouldn't want a tripod that moves with the wind, it was very breezy up on the roof.

2019-11-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ebswift. Thank you for sharing this timelapse video you have created. Great work.
2019-11-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice test!
2019-11-10
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Very well done.
2019-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Nicely done.
2019-11-11
Use props
ebswift
lvl.4
Australia

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it!  That smoke cloud descended on us this morning with little to no wind and cooler conditions, it was thick and bad.  The wind has picked up this afternoon clearing a lot of smoke but fuelling the fire more and will increase over the next couple of days at least unfortunately with changing wind directions.  There's a constant sound of choppers and fire spotter planes, ground and air crews are working their butts off.
2019-11-11
Use props
ebswift
lvl.4
Australia

...and notably the last firmware update has been finally displaced, no longer a sticky, so we might expect another update shortly...
2019-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules