Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is it worth sending in for repair?
161 5 11-10 11:58
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antares Fortune
lvl.2
Flight distance : 410499 ft
United States

I have a Phantom 4 Pro.  I haven't flown it much in the past 3 years because I've been traveling for work, and in part because there are some problems.  I don't know if it'd be worth it to send it out to get it fixed.  I don't know what the testing entails.  
1) The transmitter shows it charges fully in that it shows full 4 full lights and shuts off.  When I turn it on, it shows only 3/4 charge and only 3 lights appear.  It does not seem to hold a charge as long as it used to.  I suspect that it simply needs a new battery.

2) The range is greatly diminished.  I am not able to fly out as far as I used to before the video breaks up and I am unable to see what I'm shooting.  This really hampers shooting what I am trying to shoot.

3) The batterys I have seem to run at low voltage.  I haven't flown in awhile so I don't recall what is...12 or 13 volts...but the flight time doesn't seem to be impacted.  I am guessing that I need to replace the batteries.

I'll be returning home in a couple of weeks and hope to be back shooting what I usually shoot, but at this point I'm wondering if it'd be worth the cost of getting repaired.  

11-10 11:58
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello and good day Antares Fortune. I am sorry to read about the issues of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and thank you for reaching out. As of this time the DJI Phantom 4 Pro is still one of the best drones DJI created. Since you are experiencing these issues on the said drone and on the remote controller as well. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this issue.  Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone and the said remote controller to avoid further damaging the said unit. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your support.
11-10 12:13
Use props
Antares Fortune
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-10 12:13
Hello and good day Antares Fortune. I am sorry to read about the issues of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and thank you for reaching out. As of this time the DJI Phantom 4 Pro is still one of the best drones DJI created. Since you are experiencing these issues on the said drone and on the remote controller as well. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this issue.  Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone and the said remote controller to avoid further damaging the said unit. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your support.

Thanks for the response.   Though I won't be home for a couple of weeks, I will contact the repair center.
11-10 13:38
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 549140 ft
United Kingdom

Are they all on the latest firmwares? the distance problem was an issue with an older firmware
11-10 19:49
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Antares Fortune Posted at 11-10 13:38
Thanks for the response.   Though I won't be home for a couple of weeks, I will contact the repair center.

You are very much welcome Antares Fortune. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and assist you.
11-11 15:38
Use props
Antares Fortune
lvl.2
United States

Bashy Posted at 11-10 19:49
Are they all on the latest firmwares? the distance problem was an issue with an older firmware

They were as of the last time I flew it.  

I flew it for some time with no issues.  The last few times I've flown it, it has been hard get the range I need out of it.
11-11 16:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules