Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lots of errors with the Mavic Mini
11499 37 2019-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philnolan3d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62530 ft
United States

I started the Mini for the first time, updated the firmware but it stopped halfway, setting I needed to charge the battery. The Mavic battery was charged so I charged the controller and tried again. It continued the update where it left off but then the Preflight checklist is loaded with errors. Most concerning is "Gimbal unable to connect, repairs needed". Also when I try to calibrate the IMU. I click Start but nothing happens.

Any ideas? Screenshot attached.
Screenshot_20191111-195428.jpg
2019-11-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi philnolan3d, sorry for the troubles with Mavic Mini, we care much about your feedback and would like to verify more details.
May we verify whether the firmware was updated successfully?
Please enable DJI Product Improvement Project under DJI Fly--Profile--Settings--Privacy. Make sure your mobile phone is connected to the network, then please provide us your DJI account, we will check the logs for further analysis, thank you very much.
2019-11-11
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.1
United States

Ok I've enabled the privacy setting. My account is Phil (@) philnolan3d.com.
2019-11-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

philnolan3d Posted at 11-11 19:33
Ok I've enabled the privacy setting. My account is Phil (@) philnolan3d.com.

Thank you so much for providing your account, unfortunately, we failed to retrieve the logs.
Could you please download DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic here: https://www.dji.com/ca/mavic-mini/downloads and refer to the tutorial video (start at 1:00) below to update again.

If the error messages persist and there is still no response after clicking IMU calibration, any chance to export the flight controller logs via DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic---Log Export, then upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here?

If you don't have time to export the logs, please contact our support www.dji.com/support with your contact number and address to start a ticket for the replacement service, then keep us updated with the case number.

We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience and appreciate your cooperation and assistance.
2019-11-11
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-11 20:31
Thank you so much for providing your account, unfortunately, we failed to retrieve the logs.
Could you please download DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic here: https://www.dji.com/ca/mavic-mini/downloads and refer to the tutorial video (start at 1:00) below to update again.

In the Assistant program it said the Firmware was current on both the drone and the controller. but I hit the Refresh button and update for both of them anyway. I still have all the same errors and IMU problem as before so I exported the log. Here's a DropBox link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ncpgdoc6mqy1z3/EXPORT_FILE_2019-11-12_01-06-23.DAT?dl=0
2019-11-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

philnolan3d Posted at 11-11 22:10
In the Assistant program it said the Firmware was current on both the drone and the controller. but I hit the Refresh button and update for both of them anyway. I still have all the same errors and IMU problem as before so I exported the log. Here's a DropBox link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ncpgdoc6mqy1z3/EXPORT_FILE_2019-11-12_01-06-23.DAT?dl=0

Thank you so much for exporting the logs, may we also verify was the package in good condition when you received it? Or was it damaged or scratched?
2019-11-11
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-11 22:30
Thank you so much for exporting the logs, may we also verify was the package in good condition when you received it? Or was it damaged or scratched?

Everything was in perfect condition. I pre-ordered it from Best Buy and they had it locked up for me behind the counter on launch day (today). I actually filmed an unboxing video, which I haven't edited yet but you could see it was in good shape if you want.
2019-11-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

philnolan3d Posted at 11-11 23:04
Everything was in perfect condition. I pre-ordered it from Best Buy and they had it locked up for me behind the counter on launch day (today). I actually filmed an unboxing video, which I haven't edited yet but you could see it was in good shape if you want.

Thank you again for your prompt reply, no need for the video, we have informed our support team to start a ticket for the replacement service as soon as possible, please note the email later, our team will guide you to send in.
2019-11-11
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.1
United States

I'd rather not wait that long for shipping, should I just exchange it at the store?
2019-11-12
Use props
delazon
New

Sweden

Hello there and sorry for hijacking this thread but i actually have the exact same problem. See my attache screenshot from my Fly app.

I also did the firmware update and got a OK on that. Couldnt start the drone and couldnt do the IMU calibration either. Same problem. The start button appears but cant tap it to start it.
I did a firmware reshresh with the DJI App for my PC but it didnt help.

Im planing och returning it to the store i bought it at.
2019-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

philnolan3d Posted at 11-12 00:48
I'd rather not wait that long for shipping, should I just exchange it at the store?

It's OK, please contact your seller for the replacement. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know immediately.
2019-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

delazon Posted at 11-12 03:17
Hello there and sorry for hijacking this thread but i actually have the exact same problem. See my attache screenshot from my Fly app.

I also did the firmware update and got a OK on that. Couldnt start the drone and couldnt do the IMU calibration either. Same problem. The start button appears but cant tap it to start it.

Hi delazon, sorry to know you have the same issue, please follow my post on 4# to export the logs to us for analysis first, then contact your store for the replacement, thank you in advance.
If there is any problem during the replacement process, please feel free to keep us updated.
2019-11-12
Use props
delazon
New

Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-12 03:52
Hi delazon, sorry to know you have the same issue, please follow my post on 4# to export the logs to us for analysis first, then contact your store for the replacement, thank you in advance.
If there is any problem during the replacement process, please feel free to keep us updated.

Thanx for the reply. I will try to get it replaced.
2019-11-12
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.1
United States

So I contacted Best Buy and they said none of their stores have them in stock and won't be getting any until Dec 5th. So I can return it and order a new one from them but it will take more than 3 weeks for it to arrive. If I exchange with DJI will it be any faster?
2019-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

delazon Posted at 11-12 04:12
Thanx for the reply. I will try to get it replaced.

If the store doesn't have the drone in stock, please start a ticket online https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav and send back to our repair center for the diagnosis.

Before sending back, may we have the logs for analysis? Thanks a lot.
2019-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

philnolan3d Posted at 11-12 10:11
So I contacted Best Buy and they said none of their stores have them in stock and won't be getting any until Dec 5th. So I can return it and order a new one from them but it will take more than 3 weeks for it to arrive. If I exchange with DJI will it be any faster?

Sorry to hear that, we have it in stock in our repair center, and it should be faster. Please start a ticket here and keep me updated with the case number: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2019-11-12
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.1
United States

@DJIMindy Can you let me know if I should exchange at Best Buy or if it's faster to do it with DJI? If it takes too long it will be too cold to fly here.

Edit: Never mind its strange I've been refreshing this page and your reply didn't show up until I posted my question. I'll start a ticket.

2019-11-12
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.1
United States

OK I submitted the request and this is the number I was emailed.  2428842
2019-11-13
Use props
SupCarlos
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

its WAY faster to exchange at best buy bro.. DJI tech support is deadly SLOW.
2019-11-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United States

SupCarlos Posted at 11-13 04:26

And the best buy replacement will be new and not a refurb.
2019-11-13
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.1
United States

SupCarlos Posted at 11-13 04:26

That's what concerned me, when I needed a Phantom battery replaced it took them months.
2019-11-13
Use props
SupCarlos
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah man. same here.
2019-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

philnolan3d Posted at 11-13 00:40
OK I submitted the request and this is the number I was emailed.  2428842

Thanks, our support will help you accordingly. Hope your case will be sorted out soon.
2019-11-14
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.1
United States

OK I was assured that I would get a new one in exchange from DJI and that the processing time would only be 2-3 days. So I went ahead and shipped it off the DJI. Unfortunately I was so shocked at the price for the UPS store to box it (almost $13!) that I forgot to write my case number and "replacement" on the box as instructed. Actually I never even saw the box. I hope this isn't going to be a problem. I did email the tracking number to the CS person I was talking to.
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

philnolan3d Posted at 11-15 11:10
OK I was assured that I would get a new one in exchange from DJI and that the processing time would only be 2-3 days. So I went ahead and shipped it off the DJI. Unfortunately I was so shocked at the price for the UPS store to box it (almost $13!) that I forgot to write my case number and "replacement" on the box as instructed. Actually I never even saw the box. I hope this isn't going to be a problem. I did email the tracking number to the CS person I was talking to.

Glad to know you have sent in and sorry to hear the packing fee, you can pack it well with the original box by yourself. Please don't worry if you forgot including the case number, as our facility can still determine the designation of the unit to its case number based on the tracking number of the package.
If you need any assistance during this progress, please feel free to let me know.
2019-11-15
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.1
United States

I realized later that the tracking saw number was included on the UPS label, as well as a note that said RE which I suspect might be short for Replacement. As for the box, I didn't have an original box since it want shipped to me, I got it from Best Buy and just carried it out. No big deal though, as long as I get the replacement in a reasonable amount of time.
2019-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

philnolan3d Posted at 11-17 12:50
I realized later that the tracking saw number was included on the UPS label, as well as a note that said RE which I suspect might be short for Replacement. As for the box, I didn't have an original box since it want shipped to me, I got it from Best Buy and just carried it out. No big deal though, as long as I get the replacement in a reasonable amount of time.

No worries, our repair center will handle it properly, hope you will get the replacement back soon.
2019-11-17
Use props
djiuser_frCsoIKPFQ9e
New
France

Good day. I have the same problem with the above clients. The box came undamaged. I have informed already the supplier in order to send it back to him for replacement, but they are talking only for repairs. I am a visitor here and I am not going to stay here for long time.
2019-12-22
Use props
djiuser_BBR7Po6fOHn7
New
Australia

Hi team,
I still have the same problem as Phil mentioned about the IMU error. It just happened after the firmware was updated today. Please kindly suggest on what steps should I take from now.

Thank you,
2020-1-2
Use props
milan.pindolia
New
Australia

Hi There, please see attached image error for IMU. I cannot press the start button. my username is milan.pindolia@gmail.com  Thank you,  
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_bg0CWtXS9Fxz
New

United Kingdom

Hello we have just unpackaged the mini that we ordered in November ( arrived 6th January !!) we are seeing all the above fault codes please advise
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_bg0CWtXS9Fxz
New

United Kingdom

Right ! I kid you not !!! My husband just read another forum where people are showing the same fault code, one person had read that a man had given his mini a few slaps on the top !! This guy tried it and it worked !!! So my husband tried it !!! I kid you not !!! All fault codes gone and it worked !!!
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_qHS95RNxgCjr
New

Australia

djiuser_bg0CWtXS9Fxz Posted at 1-12 05:31
Right ! I kid you not !!! My husband just read another forum where people are showing the same fault code, one person had read that a man had given his mini a few slaps on the top !! This guy tried it and it worked !!! So my husband tried it !!! I kid you not !!! All fault codes gone and it worked !!!

I thought this is a joke, until I eventually tried it when running out of other ideas. Believe it or not, it really worked! Now I don't have to worry about sending the drone back to dji and potentially get a refurbished unit!
2020-2-5
Use props
Willem Page
New

Canada

Error code 35103 displayed on my phone after connecting to my drone. This drone is brand new. Only did a test flight playing around for about 21 min. Never used the drone since End of December 2019.
2020-2-19
Use props
Rogersk8ter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1923 ft

Indonesia

Got to smack real hard.?
2020-3-11
Use props
CT_Yankee
lvl.1

United States

This seems to be a common problem with the latest firmware update.  Not happy with DJI!  Just updated the firmware and now I ALWAYS have to calibrate the compass and CANNOT get the preflight check window to close.  I'm working with an iPad 6 since the DJI Fly software isn't too friendly on a Samsung Galaxy 9+.  Also not pleased with the fact that I HAD to provide an avatar  in order to post in this forum.
2020-5-15
Use props
Besart Hoxha
New

Kosovo

I can see a lot of you guys have had the same issue.  I guess I am 'lucky' not to be alone. I never know what happened and why did these errors start appearing. Is there any way to fix this other than returning the item? Returning it can be a problem for me living across the ocean without any DJI service stores around. I have a big event coming and I really need the drone flying. I use Iphone 6s. and HUAWEI P20, and right when I try to calibrate the software jams and it wont work.
2020-6-23
Use props
aytacengin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 658937 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Open your hand.
Put your drone on your hand.
Slap top of drone 3 times ( Not strong- Do not break )

If its work you can lucky.
Done!
2021-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules