746 7 2019-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sfdrones.tv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1257218 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, just writing to see if anyone else has experienced compass issues with MP2?
Every single time I start up, I get a compass error. It seems to calibrate ok, but I have never had a drone do this before.
Have done all the usual things - recalibrated the IMU, updated software etc but no difference. OH yeah.. I am also careful to not be near anything with a magnetic field.

Anyone else exoerience this or got a solution?
2019-11-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Other people have posted here with the same issue.  I've only seen the error when there could have been metal near by.  Like on a sea wall or concrete path.   
2019-11-11
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look here https://forum.dji.com/thread-173684-1-1.html - it seems to be quite common and has been discussed several time
2019-11-11
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

when you transport your drone quite a distance (> 100 km) from the point where you callibrate it the last time, you can experience the demand of calibration of the compass. I experienced a calibration error when I wanted to take of from a piece of rock containing iron. When  I picked up the drone, no compass error. When I put it back on the rock, ... compass error. Because the limited space, I had to hand launch it.
A large quantity of iron can influence the compass. And also a distance away from the last calibration point can trigger a calibration request.
2019-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes I have similar experience, yes I know pain in the butt having to calibrate, I see some around here just ignore it and take off, warning then clears, I’m not a big fan of this and I find calibration quite easy and quick to do, I’m thinking what might be happening is sensor set to sensitive in many but not all M2 , I haven’t read of any remedies for this so looks like we’re stuck having to calibrate, unless maybe sending in for them to have a look at, but is it worth the hassle.
2019-11-12
Use props
sfdrones.tv
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Gelert Posted at 11-11 23:56
Have a look here https://forum.dji.com/thread-173684-1-1.html - it seems to be quite common and has been discussed several time

Thank you... its for sure a common issue according to what I read in that thread.
2019-11-19
Use props
sfdrones.tv
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-12 04:27
Yes I have similar experience, yes I know pain in the butt having to calibrate, I see some around here just ignore it and take off, warning then clears, I’m not a big fan of this and I find calibration quite easy and quick to do, I’m thinking what might be happening is sensor set to sensitive in many but not all M2 , I haven’t read of any remedies for this so looks like we’re stuck having to calibrate, unless maybe sending in for them to have a look at, but is it worth the hassle.

Thanks for the reply. I figured its a problem others may be facing and that certainly seems the case.
2019-11-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

sfdrones.tv Posted at 11-19 13:28
Thanks for the reply. I figured its a problem others may be facing and that certainly seems the case.

Certainly not all DJI drones are made equally (QC), some are delivered with birth defect(s). Abnormally high sensitivity to magnetic interference is one of these rare annoyances, and Mavics aren't the ones particularly prone to exhibit such. I notoriously launch ALL my drones (big and small) off the fiberglass bed cover on my truck, and no one is protesting. I can see longer green compass bar, but once airborne the bar is back to normal. Other pilots may deal with drones screaming in panic at the presence of a single nail in picnic table top ... Go figure.
2019-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules